twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 05:18 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 58975
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
May POTM

Wow, it's May already, and I don't know about you, but my year is flying past!

But, not so fast that I couldn't stop, and appreciate my fellow gamers, and some of their amazing posts. If I wasn't a judge, I would certainly be nominating someone every month... Why aren't you?

If you spot a great post, nominate it! Who knows, it could win Post of the Month, and bring great praise and accolades to the original poster. Even if it doesn't, it still means a lot to just be nominated by your peers.

But, it can't happen if you don't do your job. Nominate a post from May!
Old 05-07-2019, 02:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1311
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger
Player: Odyssey
Game: The Breaking of Exandria
GM: 4eyedBadger

Reason for Nomination: This is my first nomination, and for that I have been remiss. My players have made many amazing posts over the last seven months, but this post by Odyssey forced me to learn the PotM nomination process. Odyssey’s character, Cyprian, has just been smashed to near death by an ettin’s flail and is forced to make death saves. Odyssey takes this opportunity to give us a glimpse into his assassin’s shadowy past and personal demons! Even better, he incorporates his fellow player’s Bless spell into the vision!

Old 05-16-2019, 05:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19616
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Player Nominated: Insacrum

DM: Dressedtojazz

Game: Reign of Winter

Reason: Reading 4eyedBadger's nomination above, it looks like May is the month for death post nominations. Now there's a new concept, eh? Take that Movember! Insacrum takes a moment, in the heat of the epic battle, to write a post describing the pain felt when run through by a spear. His character is a goblin and Insacrum, who in general write good posts and awesome death posts, make sure to sprinkle that special goblin seasoning all over the post, making it just right. I encourage all to follow the little cleric of Zogmugot on his journey, either in the realm of the living or in the eternal ever after.

Link: Here

Old 05-23-2019, 02:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Player: Retry
DM: MeredithS
Game: Waeveran Legends (Outlaws subgame)
Reason: Retry is one of the most creative writers I've ever come across. He crosses an active imagination with humor and sincerity in every post he makes. Recently I challenged him to a humorous role that was a Sentient Tumbleweed. Not only did he embrace it, but truly made me crack up, being able to envision this role. Only Retry could pull this off as well as he did, in the context of which it was done. Though the situation the posts he made are still in progress, his input and side role captured what playing D&D is for me. Fun, Interesting and Unique.

Note: The link is currently set on private because the scenario isn't finished yet. But I've included a copy and paste that offer's one of the two posts he's made as TUMBLE the 45th of his name, The Adventures of a Tumbleweed.
The Adventures of a Tumbleweed.

Last edited by MeredithS; 05-23-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:40 AM
neighbor to the beast.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11839
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
Player: Feldring
Game: Wave Echo Cave (and Beyond?)
GM: goatmeal
Link

Reason for Nomination: There have been many fine introductory posts that have won POTM over the years for the care taken in presenting the character for the first time. This post does that and more. Not only does Feldring do an excellent job of presenting the nervousness felt by his character the night before leaving on a daring quest, but he also highlights the connection between his own character and each of the other characters in the game. Particularly interesting is the “food fight” that goes on between his character and the gnomish rogue character while the very serious NPC is trying to give them their quest. whether PbP or live action.RPGs are at their best when a scene is not just highlighting what one character does but makes a story involving all the characters. And this post does exactly that.

Old 06-03-2019, 07:04 AM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11282
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Player: JackinIrons
Game: Portage: Rising from Ashes
GM: Kapera

Reason for Nomination: This one was fun to write. The character, Thomas, is unlike many other vampires and heroes. He's timid, shy and somewhat of a coward. He also talks to spirits and is absolutely insane. In this scene, the group is meeting with a powerful and potentially dangerous informant and Thomas decided to talk to a spirit rather than acknowledge the situation. But hearing the lyrics of a Rammstein made him think of things. So he tried to decipher the bits and pieces he knew, in a broken way, and his insane mind put together some pieces, just in time for him to speak the the dangerous woman in his shy, stuttering way.

Old 06-06-2019, 01:41 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19155
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Player: Xian
Game: The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of The Elder Evils
GM: Xian

Reason for Nomination: This is one of the first times in PBP that I have seen an entire group go thru court hearings. Xian has done a beautiful job at bringing out the scene that had been worked up to for months. (Not including some followup scenes right after but those fall in the beginning of June)

Last edited by kaylara; 06-08-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Closed Thread