RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-11-2019, 10:29 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6077
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
16: They Can't ALL be Winners

Wraith, Skyfire, Enoch, Kodama, and Sapphire
Finally, everyone's here.

Samael strides forward and clears his throat, motioning toward Skyfire, the angel in her full golden armor... well, evidently 'full' is a relative term. "This is Michaeleva dal Hadriel," he introduces. "Also known as Hadriel, or Michelle." He holds up a finger to Epirus. "She is not my girlfriend," the elder angel says sternly. "She has been sent by Heaven to ensure that we, particularly myself, are not consorting with demons and thus allowing our intentions to be slanted away from what is good. Emphatically, good, not how Heaven wishes events to proceed. I will give my word that she does not mean us harm, but I cannot guarantee she will not be later pressed by her superiors to reveal information that she sees today. I have told her that I would put it to a vote; I suppose a simple majority will not do, so perhaps two-thirds? I, for one, shall vote that she be allowed to stay."

Nosferatu grins. "I don't give a **** if she stays, and it makes it more interesting if the angels know what they're up against with me. So I guess that's a yes."
Nimrod shrugs. "I do not trust Michael. No."
"Yes," La'anah says simply. "My reasons are my own."
She looks... VASTLY improved from the last time most of the champions saw her, and their attention is only distracted by Rham's vote.
'Yes. We are not hiding our abilities from the angels, and doing so will only increase tensions.'
"I agree with Rham," Azath supplies. "And perhaps those that strenuously disagree could hold their display after those that do not have finished, and Hadriel is... relocated."
"I think it'll be great!" Inka chirps, dressed in her usual black tank top, black trousers, and combat boots, Brother and Sister sitting in her pocket.
"I was on the fence, but Rham made a good point." Gunther shrugs and looks at Kodama. "So sure, I guess."
"No," Dirk says simply, offering no explanation.
"Abstain," Cat adds.
"She looks nice," Daisy offers, squatting beside Cat and flicking her tail with the rattle of metal. "Sure!"
"I guess," Fathom says at last.
"No opinion for me, Master Yongten says yes," Temba informs the group, nodding toward the blind elder Tibetan.
"I mean, sure," Orrin offers. "Since Samael vouched for her, and Azath and Rham think it's a good idea, and I can't think of why not."
"I have no opinion," Medusa says.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probably Me
"Then I will defy heaven!"

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-12-2019 at 12:12 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:00 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6077
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
"S'pose it'll take a mite've trust, but we gotta trust someone," Kringle says, shaking his head. "Aye, let 'er stay."
"Uh, sure, why not?" Epirus says with a shrug."What he said," Brendan echoes.
"Pass," Lamya says, holding her rifle over her shoulder.
Kali looks to Enoch, dressed as promised in the very flattering suit given to her by Wraith. 'I think I am going to vote yes...' She shifts, looking from Hadriel to Fathom to Medusa to Sapphire and back to Enoch, smiling innocently and squeezing his hand. 'I think if we trust the angels, and show that, maybe they'll trust us... and we can avoid having to fight with them.'

OoC: Apparently I can't put more than 20 pictures in a post. So now it's two. And a sufficiently strenuous argument/high persuasion roll MIGHT change some votes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probably Me
"Then I will defy heaven!"

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-12-2019 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:22 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4939
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Yes." Wraith said curtly. The angels already knew most of his capacities from his fight with Camael and the others. It loses him almost nothing to let Red see his display. Wraith was pragmatic when he needed to be. It didn't mean he trusted her, and Wraith hoped that the promise Samael had made him would remain unbroken. Though her presence here was not a good omen.

Last edited by Acathala; 05-12-2019 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:04 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6489
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Kodama frowned and crossed her arms over her chest as a natural reaction. There was just something off-putting about Heaven insistently strutting around and making demands, as if they had the right. She'd met three Angels to date who weren't self-righteous bullies and the one thing they all had in common is that they were no longer in Heaven's good graces. Well screw that, she was a Champion of the Beast King. One of the Arbiters who made the world.

Part of her wanted Michelle to stay so she could strut her stuff in front of the Pearly Gate's foxhound so they'd walk a little softer and speak a little more respectfully around the woman who could summon Cthulhu into the world. It's only when the thought is finished that she realizes how close to Nosferatu that line of thinking was.

Kodama shares a glance with Gunther, whose opinion she obviously cared about. Did Rham make a good point? Probably? "I'd rather hear the pitch coming from her. I want to know what kind of Angel I'm dealing with before I vote." Kodama requests, her hands returning to her sides in a more relaxed pose.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:09 AM
Code for tacos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6025
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Enoch's eyes narrow slightly, his head tilts to the side. Point of order. Precedent. Not necessarily for now, but. If we were up here voting on Champion business, then that- He points to Rham, and each of his cohorts in turn Is one vote, not five.

He shrugs. If I cared enough I could make a case that, given they are part of what is to be demonstrated, the same should hold true now, or Steve should get a vote. But, I really don't. I'll abstain in favor of Kodama's very reasonable suggestion.

Last edited by gravenimages; 05-12-2019 at 01:20 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:32 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13974
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Michelle wasn't quite expecting the change in form when she exited the portal, nor was she expecting a change in wardrobe. While meeting the others in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt may have been a bit too casual, she has to question the choice of having her appear in the golden-hued armor that is typically a part of her true angelic form. In her true form her body is that of living, radiant flame, the armor serving only to provide a semblance of a solid form and to keep the living flames from spreading. But in a flesh and blood form the minimalist armor comes across as quite revealing. She wonders for a moment if this was Samael's idea of a joke but then realizes he probably doesn't know the meaning of the word. Could be worse, she tells herself. And fortunately she's hardly the shy and demure sort.

The angel herself is tall, just shy of six feet if not reaching that point outright. Her skin is bronzed, like someone who has spent more than their fair share in the sun, with long, vibrant red hair trailing behind her and wafting a bit in a breeze that isn't there. The ends seem to flicker like flame and from time to time it almost looks like they catch on fire for a moment before flickering out. Though she has the feathered wings typically associated with angel-kind, hers are red to reddish orange rather than white, and the tips of the feathers at the end smolder with a golden-hued flame though there is no smoke present. Her eyes are red and have a slight flicker of light within as she surveys the others. Her attention lingers on Inka and Daisy a bit longer than the others but her reaction is no different, nodding to each as they cast their vote, whether aye or nay. Most of the ones from those she already knows she expected, though Wraith's surprises her. When Kodame voices a reasonable objection and Enoch follows suit she turns to the both of them, glad that somebody brought it up.

"I'm glad you asked," she responds, the heavy Gaelic accent in her voice that Wraith and Enoch heard when she was in her fully mortal vessel reduced to the faintest hint. "I gather there's going to be a sharing of secrets, and since you were kind enough to invite me, I suppose I should go first. I was created to serve within the Host of Powers under the Archangel Michael, for whom I was named. Angel of fiery vengeance, smiter of the wicked, all that. And so I was, for thousands of years, but in time I began to have doubts. They came to a head during the Black Plague, when the squad of angels I was here on Earth with were convinced that the plague had demonic or supernatural causes behind it. The suffering of the people around them were of no consequence, they were obsessed with finding a demonic cause that didn't exist. If anything their inquisitional behavior made it worse. When I returned to Heaven I resigned my oath to Michael and the Powers and chose to follow Raphael, the healer, and the Host of Virtue. I thought there was more to be gained by improving creation than constantly fighting those that want to ruin it. Though I admit many of those Powers instincts are still strong," she says to Kodama, casting a sideways glance Nosferatu's way. He certainly makes no effort to be subtle, she sees no reason to do so either.

"In the centuries since I've been to Earth many times and carried out numerous missions for Heaven. And earned a reputation for being obstinate, unruly, disobedient, and a troublemaker. But also successful. As I've told Nimrod and Samael, I've taken objection to some of the measures Heaven has taken in the past and apparently still take today. I've not been quiet about it either. I suspect that the name and reputation of my forebearer has something to do with why I've been able to get away with it, but like I told them, I don't care for politics. I've defied orders when I felt those orders were in the wrong. And if I need to do so again, I will. I don't serve Heaven, not directly. I serve the ideals that Heaven should represent. Some think me a naive idealist because of this, but, as I said in a conversation with Enoch," she continues, giving a nod to the champion of Plague. "I believe it's just a matter of faith. I have faith in the One above the archangels. I have faith that He doesn't make mistakes. I have faith that humanity has the potential for greater good than the angels and greater evil than the demons, and I believe that is what scares both Heaven and Hell so much," she says, turning back to the champion of Ferocus.

"You want to know what kind of angel you're dealing with? One who turned her back on her divinely-appointed purpose because she didn't like how it was treating the lesser beings," she says to Kodama, a clear tone of disdain in her voice at the description as she's clearly invoking the attitude of others. "The kind of angel who serves an ideal rather than an individual, the kind who has been reprimanded for getting distracted from my assigned task in order to help those who needed it but were of no importance, and the kind of angel who steals Loki's best booze before asking for a trip to Vegas so I can go gambling," she says to nature's champion, the last part with as much seriousness as the rest.

Last edited by PalladiaMors; 05-12-2019 at 04:21 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:41 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"So Red. Your story doesn't make sense. Why oh why would Heaven send an angel not completely loyal to them, to spy on us? They would have to be worried you would defect to us, if all what you say is truth. You see the problem I have with your story, right?" Unless she was spreading her views, and they saw this as a way to be rid of her? Possible I suppose.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:16 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"You seem to like making assumptions, all of which turn out to be wrong," she is quick to answer war's champion. The others may have the distinct impression that the two have met before. "One, I'm not here to spy on you. Two, you seem to have this idea that Heaven is a collective entity with a single mind. It's not. I said I had no interest in politics, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Believe me, it does," she says with a roll of her eyes. "There are many angels who dislike the rigidness of Heaven and many who feel it has slipped from its true purpose. This is hardly blasphemous or heretical, Heaven has always had debates about such philosophical matters. Some angels who hold such an opinion are in positions of power and authority. Some of these know I am the sort to put principle ahead of duty, which is precisely the reason why I was sent. I will stand by what is right, even when it is wrong. Some in Heaven disapprove of this philosophy, but they aren't the ones who sent me," she concludes.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Wraith stares into her eyes. It's hard to tell with the mask covering his face, but the boy ninja is. It might be an uncomfortable few moments for the angel, but eventually he speaks. "Just don't make Samael look like an arse for trusting you. I like Samael."
Old 05-12-2019, 05:32 PM
Code for tacos

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

So, what you're saying is, Heaven's about as dysfunctional as any other organization, present company included. Enoch shrugs. Kind of a bummer on one hand, but kinda reassuring on the other. I vote yes.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:53 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
The angel just stares back, almost as though she can see right through the mask. Who knows, maybe she can. There is no fear, no reservation, and certainly no discomfort, it seems such concepts simply do not exist for her. Even when he speaks she doesn't waver, responding only with a simple yet direct "I'm not the one partying with demons."

She turns to Enoch with a bit of a smirk when he speaks. "Of course. Any organization, even one with a devoted following in pursuit of a common goal, will have disagreements about the details. Everything that follows is just semantics. Thank you, and you too, you seem nice as well," she says to Enoch and then Daisy, nodding her head to the latter with a smile.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:11 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
"I'm reasonably sure that unlike the angel Camael, Mr Li hasn't given the order to slaughter an entire orphanage of children, to kill one witch. However I'm done talking about Mr Li."
if Loki failed to persuade her, I'm not going to do it. Wraith looks at Kodama, gauging her reaction.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:40 PM
Code for tacos

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Daisy is nice. Enoch starts defensively, taking a step towards standing between them before he registers that the angel seemed sincere... Looks a bit embarrassed. Oh. Well. She is. Unless she decides you're one of the bad guys. Ah. You're welcome, I guess. He steps back.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:20 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6489
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Kodama watches the interaction between Michelle and Wraith with some interest. Michelle had some of missed the point of her request. What she wanted to hear was the Angel asking/demanding to see what they were capable of. Hearing the woman self-describe as a some sort of renegade, or maverick meant nothing. That's why the interplay between her and the others was interesting.

"Ease tensions, huh?" Kodama glances at Rham. "I guess I can get behind that."
Old 05-13-2019, 11:10 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11059
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Sapphire gives a thumbs up when the looks come to her about her decision. She was just coming to terms with Demons and Vampires, and now there was an actual "Angel" looking to tag along or be part of the team.
She reminded herself that she was immortal, and had already been killed once and she is still alive and kicking, back in her own mortal... well, mortal to be reknit, or remade, or whatever it's called - shell.
She was more interested in knowing whether or not Loki actually knew if she stole a bottle or not. She would argue that he did, and let it happen since it wasn't like she stole something she couldn't get anywhere else.