RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-22-2019, 10:02 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5128
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
The Kitchen Table

Greetings! My name is Kelly, and I will be acting as the DM for this game. I am a married 33 year old woman from the greater Seattle area, and I drive a very expensive bus for a living. I hope to get to know each of you better as the game continues... So please, make yourselves at home here, and let us all get to know you.

Consider nominating someone yourself when they do an amazing job! Nominate here!
Old 06-02-2019, 12:37 AM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20443
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Hiya all, and congrats! Looking forward to gaming with everyone, lets make this campaign epic!
Old 06-02-2019, 01:10 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1597
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
YES! Let us have a fun time!

I hope I make my character right, so if I run into complications I'll ask in the chargen thread. I don't think I'm going to have too much trouble.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:21 AM
The Force in Balance

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2609
BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries
Greetings and Salutations, everyone! As long as we're introducing ourselves... Well, I'd prefer to keep my real name private, but I'm a 30-something year-old man who simply prefers to play female characters in RPGs, as I will be here. As for my user name, there's a silly story behind it.

When I was about 13 or 14 or so, not long after The Phantom Menace hit theaters (which was 20 years ago this year!), I was a big Star Wars fan, and I also liked to write. So I decided to write what my young self thought was extremely clever by making a silly story that was basically a retelling of The Phantom Menace, only the good guys would all have names and appearances like health food, and the bad guys like junk food. So there was a line when Our Heroes (TM) see the invading forces and one says, "Battle fries! It's an invasion army! This is an odd play for the Trade Fooderation." And the phrase stuck in my mind, and I've used it as a user name ever since.

So, that's the basics of me and a little bit of my silly writing history. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and having a wonderful time in the game.

One question for Kelly, if you don't mind: Is there some way to fill out a digital character sheet, or should we just make a stat block and use that instead? I'll get started on the latter, just in case.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead of them! ^_^

EDIT: Before I forget, in the PHB, level 3 characters start with their innate ability, plus three job or shared abilities. Is our limit ability one of these three abilities, or is it in addition to those?

EDIT #2: I'm going to include my character's stat block in this post, just so I can copy/paste it with ease into any posts that come up, whenever that may be.

Last edited by BattleFries; 06-02-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:05 PM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3688
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
Greetings!

I'm a 34 year old male. I live about an hour outside of Grand Rapids, Michigan on a 40ish acre homestead with my partner.

I enjoy playing both male and female characters in my games. I've been interested in TTRPG's pretty much my whole life, my younger brother and I would always mess around with it but we never got a serious gaming group together. Then about 4 years ago I randomly joined a gaming group after moving to Grand Rapids. After awhile someone at that group invited me into their weekly homegame session and I haven't looked back. Now I'm the preferred GM for a group who has been gaming almost as long as I've been alive! RPGx is my way to enjoy games from the player-side.

Oh, also now that the application process is over I think we can fully-disclose that cottontailwind is my brother. We haven't gamed together in many, many years and I convinced him to join RPGx and apply to his game, although it didn't take much convincing! Many of the Final Fantasy games were a big, big part of our childhoods and I'm SUPER excited to see what this game has in store!

Last edited by MoldyNolds; 06-02-2019 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:52 PM
zoot's twin sister, dingo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2890
cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind
Heya new friends! I'm excited about this game and about sharing it with everyone here together. I had a great D&D Pathfinder group in Chicago, moved to Kansas City ~5 years ago, and have had a few good runs in campaigns since then. I enjoy GMing and PCing, but as a PC, I especially enjoy journalling and lore-keeping. FF6 and FFT probably have the strongest places in my heart from the FF series--multitudes of characters and classes are so exciting to me.

My partner and I have recently come to terms with our tendency to adopt old dogs. I currently have a one-eyed, quasi-obese mischief puggle and a sleepy cow-spotted hound. The hound was adopted to be the puggle's secretary, but he's really no help with admin or correspondence at all. The puggle barks at stray cats but has been trained to not bark at squirrels, and so, slowly, our yard is becoming a squirrel sanctuary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyNolds View Post
that cottontailwind is my brother
It was me all along!

... er, I suppose that wasn't the appropriate time for a dramatic reveal, but you so rarely get the opportunity. Looking forward to gaming together with everyone!
Old 06-02-2019, 01:43 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
Sneaky sneaky... Though the use of partner leaves me with curious questions.

As far as pets go... Before I met my wife, I had two cats which I am told is a perfectly acceptable number of cats for a single woman to have without being a crazy cat lady. Raymond, the blind demon cat (because his eyes are black) and Faith, the cat who did hard time in an actual prison. And my wife had two cats named Zuko and Azula who are brother and sister whom she adopted while she was in Japan teaching. Now we have 4 cats who all demand attention.

@battlefries: You forgot to pick a limit ability, there are 3 on page 86 you can choose from.

Consider nominating someone yourself when they do an amazing job! Nominate here!
Old 06-02-2019, 01:48 PM
The Force in Balance

Tools
User Statistics
BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries
@KellyCat: I didn't forget. I wasn't sure if the limit ability was in addition to the other abilities or else separate, but thank you for clearing that up. And also, why would you name your brother and sister cat after two siblings who hated each other so much?! Is Cat!Zuko angsty and moody all the time, and does Cat!Azula constantly wreck everything and cause everyone unimaginable pain and terror? If not, I have to wonder if you might have been better off naming them Sokka and Katara. Whatever you do, however, don't go Zuko and Katara. Zutara is... It just isn't a thing, and it never will be. Shakes fist at the air like an angry old man
Old 06-02-2019, 01:52 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleFries View Post
@KellyCat: I didn't forget. I wasn't sure if the limit ability was in addition to the other abilities or else separate, but thank you for clearing that up. And also, why would you name your brother and sister cat after two siblings who hated each other so much?! Is Cat!Zuko angsty and moody all the time, and does Cat!Azula constantly wreck everything and cause everyone unimaginable pain and terror? If not, I have to wonder if you might have been better off naming them Sokka and Katara. Whatever you do, however, don't go Zuko and Katara. Zutara is... It just isn't a thing, and it never will be. Shakes fist at the air like an angry old man
In my defense, I only named Raymond and Faith... Rachel named Zuko and Azula.

Rachel> Azula does look like the is constantly plotting to murder someone and Zuko does often fail adorably at things.

Old 06-02-2019, 01:53 PM
The Force in Balance

Tools
User Statistics
I have to ask now... Who are Raymond and Faith named after, if anyone?
Old 06-02-2019, 01:56 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleFries View Post
I have to ask now... Who are Raymond and Faith named after, if anyone?
Raymond is actually named after the TV show Everyone Loves Raymond... Mostly because as a blind kitten he was adorably cute and everyone wanted to take care of the little fur ball. Faith was actually named by the woman who cared for her in prison (and I say prison as actual prison, not the pound), so technically I stuck with her original name.

Old 06-02-2019, 02:00 PM
The Force in Balance

Tools
User Statistics
I see. Well, I don't know what kind if life Faith had in prison, but hopefully she's living a happy life with you now, save for when Azula starts to burninate things.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:03 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
Also, if anyone wishes to jump in... The story thread is live.

Old 06-02-2019, 02:30 PM
zoot's twin sister, dingo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2890
cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCat View Post
Sneaky sneaky... Though the use of partner leaves me with curious questions.
My partner's name is Chuck
Old 06-02-2019, 02:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17373
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Greetings, all! Glad to see the new and familiar faces. As a longtime fan of TTRPGs and CRPGs, this is a rare treat.

While we are hammering out stats and the system, Kelly, how much do each of us remember of our old life? Everyone is recognizable to the others?