twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 06:37 AM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 57363
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
June POTM

Whew, June is here, the year is headed to the midway mark!

Do you have a gamer that is setting the bar in your games with their post quality? Nominate them for Post of the Month. It's easy, free, and they could win!

Do you think one of your own posts is a work of art? Go ahead and nominate it. It's perfectly fine to toot your own horn a little, and this is the place to do it.

If you spot a great post, nominate it! Who knows, it could win Post of the Month, and bring great praise and accolades to the original poster. Even if it doesn't, it still means a lot to just be nominated.

Let's get some June posts nominated!
Old 06-14-2019, 04:25 PM
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27205
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
Player Nominated: Ytterbium

DM: PIG

Game:
Legacy of Fire

Reason: Ekk-Lakk is another one of my guest NPC gnolls with the duty of terrifying my PCs. Ekk, "the Painted One" came to me as a clown hyena from Gauntlet when first made. Ytterbium and I adjusted the character so that he was a colorful, horrifying warrior with painted stripes working for the gnoll tribe to mow down all enemies. He did the job like a pro. My PCs went in thinking that they will never leave this battle but, with a few good choices and some luck, they turned the tide of the battle and defeated Ekk-Lakk and many of my minions. Ytterbium gives one last post of not only his character's gruesome death but also the pains of his afterlife and what happens to some evil characters when they are used up by their sinful gods like the Rough Beast.

Ytterbium made a great contribution to this boss battle and made a fantastic exit to boot.

Side Note: Green text is in 'gnoll', Purple text is in 'Abyssal'

Link: Here

Last edited by PIG; 06-15-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:59 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18507
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Player Nominated: LeoByron

GM: LeoByron

Game: Guardians of the North (Chapter 4)

Reason for nomination: I am not usually inclined to nominate my own posts but I felt I put enough work into this one to warrant a nomination. The situation in Valejo has become dire and in a last desperate bid to find the source of the troubles afflicting his town, Mayor Ulfgar Strafgen has made his 4th and final call for heroes to solve the mystery of the encroaching Trolls. Little does he know, The 3rd group he sent, has been successful.

This post opens the door to the 4th group answering the mayor's call, interrupted by the arrival of one of the survivors of the 3rd, who must relive the final moments of his ordeal as he wanders through a malignant forest to reach his home town.

This is his tale as he then tells it to the newcomers.

Link: Chapter 4: Invasion

Last edited by LeoByron; 07-04-2019 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:59 AM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11082
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Player: Alphaeus
Game: Guardians of the North
GM: LeoByron

Reason for Nomination: Leo's game is full of great posts, as illustrated by his own nomination which I was tempted to nominate myself... but there's quite a bit of talent here. But I think my favorite of from last month was the gem by Alphaeus, The way that Lady Viridula is written is filled with the surety that can only be seen from one of noble blood. Her words and her motions are impeccable, and I loved the audacity shown to request the collar of one of the slaves. It's a post that I enjoyed a lot.

Old 07-07-2019, 04:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4918
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Player: Reliq0770
Game: The Beasts of Karthage
GM: Reliq0770

Reason for Nomination: Mr. Silas is a delightfully strange NPC with the seemingly simple role of being a narrator that appears occasionally throughout this game. The self proclaimed 'Bard Extraordinaire' is a unique and refreshing take on a storyteller and presents the entire game as if it has already been concluded and is being presented as a great tale to a captive audience. It has an amazing way of making the players feel like they are already legendary heroes, despite just starting out, and the bard itself is strange and alluring. In this post, he is introducing several new characters, both to the audience and to each other in this prologue before they join with the existing group.

Last edited by DaysUntold; 07-07-2019 at 04:26 PM.
Closed Thread