: +

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 07:51 AM
Mithral Society Member

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 59493
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Sept POTM

"See you, in September..."

September is here, and that means schedules changes, new happenings, and tons of business in our lives. But take a few minutes from the hectic pace, and remember to nominate the best of the best, yourself or your fellow gamers.

If their post struck you as great, say something! Nominate it here, for consideration as Post of the Month!
Old 09-26-2019, 09:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1336
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger
Player: hafrogman
Game: The Breaking of Exandria
GM: 4eyedBadger

Reason for Nomination: A major theme of our campaign is growth. In this post, Verdigris, our Ravenite (Dragonborn) druid, struggles to find his place in an increasingly urban environment. This conflict is represented on a larger scale by the fact that two major goddesses, one of nature and another of law and civilization, have both taken an active interest in him during his adventures.

Hafrogman navigated these complicated themes masterfully in this post, which takes place during the party’s last weeks in the city of Westruun as they get ready for an airship journey to a place of darkness and ancient evil. He and Pharos, the party’s candle-eating dragonette, head off to find some magic items for Verdigris.

I felt like this post had it all; dialogue, introspection, character development, friendship, faith, and incorporating game mechanics in a wonderful narrative way! The post really became a favorite of mine toward the end, as Verdigris visits the holy sites of both gods, and examines his changing feelings toward the world and those he now calls friends!

Last edited by 4eyedBadger; 10-05-2019 at 01:45 AM.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:11 PM
neighbor to the beast.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11878
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
Player: rhaiber
Game: Uncaged
GM: wynamoinen

Reasons: There are so many amazing things about this post. I don’t think I could do it justice to point out each one in turn. But rhaiber does an excellent job navigating each interaction with the other PCs as they have introduced themselves to her. Sometimes with a bit of tenderness, sometimes a bit more brash. There is a full range of emotions brewing in the heart of this old crone that we get a bit of a glimpse of here. I’ve seen many crones at RPGXing over the years, both players and NPCs but it is uncommon to see one portrayed as more than a one dimensional character. Dagrun is certainly much more than that, and I look forward to seeing more about her as this story unfolds.

Closed Thread