: +

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 10:34 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 59393
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
October POTM

October

Boy, is the year flying by. Wow. Fourth quarter already, and in the US, Baseball is winding down with the best of the boys of October, and football is hitting the meat and potatoes part of the season, where the best begin to pull away from the rest.

Now, did one of your players write the best this month? Something that sets itself apart from the rest?

Nominate it here! The judges will examine it, critique it, and Squeak and Dirk will fight over it, but one of the posts YOU nominate here will will October Post of the Month.

But, it can't win, unless you get off your hands, and type.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10900
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
You know a player's character is a good one when other players ask the DM if there's any way at all to save them from death.
Karhald's Dwarven Cleric is such a character, and for your consideration I present the final post of this well written character.

The Death Scene of Brunhald

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 10-08-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:56 AM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17762
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Player: Yuul
Game: Portage (VtM)
GM: Kapera

Reason for Nomination: The game is a carefully crafted form of paranoid chaos from the evil mind of a particularly sadistic DM... Each clue that the players have been given toward why it was that suddenly seven of their 'friends and acquaintances' had died, has lead each character toward what seems like increasingly deadly directions themselves. In this particular scene Alec Thorne (Yuul) has decided to confront his Elder both in age and position about his intended outcomes and just what is being hidden from him. The entire scene has been brilliant, the contrast of his character to the NPC, the tension, the mental leaps and dots connecting and disconnecting. I think that Yuul has managed to truly revel in the joy of writing the actual honest truth of his character rather than manipulating it for self-preservation, and through it has crafted a most real and immersive scene. Often in these situations it is hard to get the full idea from a single post, but I think that this still stands alone with a level of clever creativity, though I do suggest people who are looking for a good verbal sparring... read the whole thing

Last edited by Kapera; 10-11-2019 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:57 PM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4184
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
Waffled for a while over whether or not I wanted to be That Guy® who nominates his own post, but hey! I think it's a fine post, myself. One of the best I've written, anyway.

This is my first post from MontageManiac's Scales of War game, in which I'm replacing another player. My character is a retired commander/war wizard who has returned to the battlefield after many years out of necessity, for if they fail, the city of Overlook shall certainly fall...

The bit at the end is in reply to an NPC bringing my character, Brand, some water.