twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 12:28 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65140
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
November POTM

November is the month where we celebrate giving Thanks, and there's no better way to give thanks to someone than with money.

But, since you aren't going to do that, do it the second best way: Say "Thanks for the great post" by nominating them for Post of the Month!

It's easy, and it doesn't cost you a penny.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Not all who wander...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 43035
moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba
I nominate ItsaVerb for his pitch-perfect post in a detective noir game we kicked off recently. Everything from the opening paragraph to the character's wry, cynical musings simply ooze the bourbon-soaked, cigarette-and-gun smoke feel of the genre.

Sometimes I write things.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:22 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10933
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Nominee: Unko Talok
By: Silk
Reason for nomination: As someone with a family history of schizophrenia, the little girl Joy just spoke to me. I thought it was a clever use of two of the five ingredients, Inescapable Joy & A Mouthy Gift Horse for Round 2 of Iron DM.

As the submission is from Iron DM, I can't quote and then paste it here. I'll copy what I can, but to get the formating Unko used, I would recommend reading his post in the original thread as it's easier to read. You can find it here.

"Learn from your mistakes, repeat only as needed, live long and prosper."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE
Old 11-16-2019, 08:26 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11129
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Nominee: Sadral
By: tomplum
Game: Fenmire Dynasties (5e)
DM: Numen Wraith

Reason for Nomination: Sadral has jumped into the game as a replacement and instantly triggered better quality posts from all involved. The example below is a rebuttal by him to my character who overstepped his bounds a bit and got verbally slapped in the face. Its an epic smack down and established Hurmar as a force to be reckoned with.

Old 11-20-2019, 12:06 AM
Digital Vagabond

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 963
Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik
I'll be honest and admit I'm not particularly fond of this sort of thing. It seems a bit arbitrary. If not the selection process - which I have no doubt is done fairly - the nomination process doesn't appear to encompass the breadth of activity in the smallest degree. The fact you can nominate yourself... I mean... well aside from that I'm fairly certain most DMs are too self absorbed to ever consider nominating anyone which is why I think it's a bit empty in purpose.

Geez, look at me being eloquently dismal. I digress.

I'd like to nominate a player from my game who has consistently wowed me with his portrayal of character. I could easily say this was Sadral as he has done the same but has already been nominated for this month. As I have the good fortune of DMing this skilled writer I'm sure I will have the opportunity to nominate him in the future.

For November of this year however I would like to introduce you to my friend Elanir. In this scene, Elanir is playing Namir of Ilien. The chosen diplomat to represent the smallest and perhaps richest country amongst the southern realms of Anuire. Health issues took me away from the game for several months and I am so glad to have been able to recover this game from the ashes and have players like Elanir and Sadral return and contribute as eagerly as they have done.

Namir of Ilien is the host of a dinner party consisting of delegates from the most important realms in the south taking place on a ship sailing under cover of darkness to a distant meeting that abruptly falls under attack. This is his immediate response to that attack which I feel is deserving of consideration.

Namir's World Shatters

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 11-20-2019, 10:30 PM
Some Believe in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2942
Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skryptik View Post
I'll be honest and admit I'm not particularly fond of this sort of thing. It seems a bit arbitrary. If not the selection process - which I have no doubt is done fairly - the nomination process doesn't appear to encompass the breadth of activity in the smallest degree.
We're open to suggestions for improving the process. You can PM them to me if you like.

Quote:
aside from that I'm fairly certain most DMs are too self absorbed to ever consider nominating anyone which is why I think it's a bit empty in purpose.
This seems a bit uncharitable to me, unless you profess to have a good knowledge of "most DMs".

In any case, if DMs aren't nominating posts from their games, and you see a post that you like from another game you're reading, nominate it. Be the change you want to see
Old 11-22-2019, 08:07 PM
Digital Vagabond

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 963
Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astra
This seems a bit uncharitable to me, unless you profess to have a good knowledge of "most DMs".
@Astra - You have made fair points Astra, several of my remarks were uncouth at best and a needless display of unsolicited venting that I can honestly not interpret as anything but slightly hostile as I reread them. It is not at all a reflection of my experience in this community and I sincerely apologize for tainting what should have been a positive endorsement of another member's contribution. I regret the attitude of my post, it was not by any means a reflection of myself I like to see.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 12-06-2019, 12:06 PM
/ing fiction from reality

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12876
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
Nominee: phinar
By: goatmeal
Game: Wave Echo Cave (& Beyond?)
DM: goatmeal

Reason for Nomination: Adding new players to an existing game can always be a little tricky. Especially when the game is in the midst of a months-long dungeon slog and the current PCs are in the midst of a combat. Of course the DM went back to that same tired trope that DM’s always go back to in these situations: the new PCs are captives of whoever the current PCs are fighting. But we had a bit of time, so I thought I’d give them a chance to expound on their circumstances a bit before introducing them to the rest of the group. Phinar went above and beyond with this, apparently this character has a habit of ending up as a prisoner and the last time this happened was in the company of the now-deceased brother of the NPC he is currently waking up next to. Phinar does a perfect job of not only making this tired trope feel a bit less tired, but tying together a lot of backstory threads for the game as a whole.

link
Closed Thread