Game Thread Storm Rider - Page 11 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #151  
Old Jun 24th, 2020, 01:56 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 2838
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 2,564
Rota looks to the sky, watches the clouds scud across from horizon to horizon, slowly growing dark and bruised looking. Thor, a priest of Thor is somewhere close, perhaps the steading, calling on sleet and lightning to aid in battle. Rota feels the swirling anger of the storm god answering his priest. There are more giants about, somewhere in the Fjord, but not here.
Rota cast her spell, this time free of buffeting winds and elemental anger. Her last enchantment broke most of the wards and protections on and around Nimloth. This time, this casting, is directly at the Horned Mage. For a moment Rota feels the taste of bitter almonds on her tongue, a scorching pain rolls down her back. She is feeling the brand, feeling Nimloth's pain when it happened. Sweat beads along Rota's forehead and rolls down into her eyes as she fends off the last of the Horned Mage's magic and breaks the spell!
Nimloth screeches and falls to her knees, laughing hysterically as the brand smokes off her and burns her clothes in it's passing. Nimloth shines bright and beautiful, lighting the whole grove then spreading across the small spur of land. So overcome with her own joy, Nimloth forgets or maybe is unable to hold back her power. Rota feels a joy spreading through her. She is dancing again, dancing with Bjorn beneath the northern lights.....

OOC-Rota SA Will
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old Jun 24th, 2020, 04:04 PM
cappucina's Avatar
cappucina cappucina is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 1262
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
Posts: 879
Rota feels a rush of joy that turns into a euphoria like she's never felt before. She's always been a serious and controlled personality - even in youth and even in love. She's experiencing this bliss for the first time in her life and it is such a release of burdens and goals and cares - she wants to stay her for a while. Doesn't she? There is a fleeting feeling now and again, that she was in the middle of doing something else. She doesn't get distracted. Is this a distraction? Or is this where she was meant to be? Bjorn is alive - I see him, she tells Nimloth breathlessly and then she is holding his hands and they are swaying to beautiful music. They are touching foreheads. He is so strong, yet so gentle with her. Together again. Let it be together always. But where has he been? Rota is just on a huge wave of a ride of bliss and confusion.

Dice Roll:
1d20+12 (20)+12 Total = 32

Last edited by cappucina; Jun 24th, 2020 at 04:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old Jun 24th, 2020, 07:58 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 2838
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 2,564
A cold slap of water splashes across Rota's face. Rota is standing, hugging Nimloth who is still crying but shaking Rota as hard as she can, like the nymph is trying to bring Rota back from the dead. Rota smells the lingering smoke of the Horned Queen's broken enchantments, remembers the bliss, the touch of Bjorn in her arms, but she remembers her purpose here even more. Rota pulls loose, looking around for any more foes. Nimloth has closed off her aura, even so, her beauty is magnificent now that she is free. I am sorry Rota, I hadn't expected and then I was so caught up...I didn't hurt you did I, by the All Father I hope I haven't harmed you,cries Nimloth.
A bolt of lightning crashes down at the Steading, followed by warm rain. Rota and Nimloth are soon feeling drops of the warm, clean rain, that is coming their way. Rota knows her breaking spell fazed the Horned Mage, may even have harmed the enchantress to some degree. Rota has taken something of her measure, knows the Horned Queen will not die easy, but Rota knows it is within her power to do so.

OOC-Rota knows that the ever spell she faced from the Horned Queen required a SA 27
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old Jun 25th, 2020, 11:47 AM
cappucina's Avatar
cappucina cappucina is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 1262
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
Posts: 879
No, I have not been harmed. Rota says after checking in with herself. She mostly checks her senses because those are what were overwhelmed by....something. She doesn't know what. Eye work, hearing works, hands work. She can smell the rain on the air. She seems alright.

Rota makes sure she is not looking at Nimloth again. Nimloth is free. Rota hopes that this is a good deed, in the end, after Nimloth mourns and overcomes her guilt. Rota thinks that Nimloth only has more pain in her future, but that with time she might heal.

Rota sort of works on something right then and there. How she will proceed now that she understands better what she will face. Nimloth, I too have done much harm to others. Sometimes, I make a decision that seems best...and then I do what I have to do to make that decision happen. I might have to destroy an army to make it happen. Not all the soldiers deserved it. This I know. But, this is what happens in war. There are no values or morals - all of that is set aside - there is only the slaughter and a victory or a defeat.

I could not sit down and interview those young men or those foreign gnolls one by one. I wish that I felt some of your....anguish....at harming others that I did not originally intend to harm. And, I wish you felt less. I do not think it was your fault - whatever has happened while you were in her brand. I almost failed - the mark was so strong. If I had failed to disenchant you, I would have slit your throat. I am hunting the Horned Mage and she will throw many, many of her people at me - I will defeat her minions along the way until I find her and face her. I will kill many of them. Some of them will be branded like you - not even defending her with their own free will. Should I give up because of that Nimloth? Would you not harm them if you were me? Or must I do what needs to be done - so much harm to so many - to see the Horned Mage defeated? I am resolved. I have decided. I take her head and put it on a spike or die trying. I will not be sorry at all to do what must be done to get to her.


Rota hope that helps Nimloth process her pain. Rota hopes she made it all cleared up.

Then she asks, Why did I see old friends when I was breaking the enchantment? They came to me to watch. Are they alive and also branded?

Last edited by cappucina; Jun 25th, 2020 at 12:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old Jun 26th, 2020, 07:27 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 2838
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 2,564
Nimloth sits down, exhausted and exultant at the same time. She leans her head against Rota's thigh for a time, only a short time before looking up and away, never looking directly at Rota,You have to do this Rota. No one, not even the "Bloody Mane," and his druidess could break the brand. You did. Now you must finish this, do what you must. If the others are like me, craving freedom, wishing to die, but unable, then you deliver them with your killing. If they do not feel these things, then they are evil and deserve nothing but Hel's dark realm. Nimloth lays her head once again on Rota's thigh, breathing slow and deep until the nymph almost falls asleep. Rota's question wakes her, she stirs and stands, looking east. I want to go home now, back to my grotto in the rocks, above the steading and just to the East. I don't know why you saw your friends, nor do I know if they are truly alive. Part of my power, my ability to affect others is to give them happiness, such bliss they die or great terror, terror enough to quell their hearts. You saw, felt bliss and in that, your friends came to life. This is also Odin's Grove. He may have sent the visions to you for aid, for encouragement. The All-Father's ways are beyond me, the less I have to do with them and mortal kind, the better I am for it.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old Jun 27th, 2020, 01:49 PM
cappucina's Avatar
cappucina cappucina is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 1262
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
Posts: 879
When did you last see Haakon Bloody Mane?Rota asks as she prepares to leave. Rota spreads her black wings to dry them out from the elements and the weather that got triggered during the breaking of the brand's enchantments as well the sleet from Thor himself. She'll get her answer from the Dryad then wish her well, then try to catch up with the other three and make some plans for the next steps.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old Jul 1st, 2020, 09:40 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 2838
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 2,564
Rota's wings fan out, catching the wind as they blend against the blue black sky. She lifts up, leaving her feet for a moment. A small curve of her wings settles her back to earth, even so, she feels the wind, pulling and rifling against her feathers. She could easily fly high and swift in this wind. Neither her companions nor the Steading are far off. She could quickly soar to either, leaving the earth to rise to the sky like an angel. An angel of mercy and death. As a daughter of Odin, she is both.
Nimloth rises to her feet,Ah, I have to figure by the seasons. I don't keep calendar? That is the word that elves and men and dwarves use to keep time? It was last fall, early in the fall, a week after the Larch started turning gold and the leaves curled from the early frost. Haakon and Ethnae came seeking to free Haakon's sister. Only something stopped them, changed their hearts. After the second failed attempt and a brief skirmish with the Horned Mage, they headed into the mountains, looking for the ancient Kingdom of the elves, "The last whose realm was fair and free, between the Mountains and the Sea," sang Haakon. He was wroth to leave his sister, but whatever drove them took them through some harsh arguments to decide. Rota, I am close to a thousand years old. I have lived my entire life along this coast in various fjords. The last four hundred I have spent here, in my chosen grotto until the Horned Mage. Tales of the elven kingdom of old were told when I was young. I have never set foot in such fabled halls, such things do not interest or entice me. They went looking for something they called "The Garden of Stone." I know the ancient elves worked in stone, much like the dwarves. I don't know more than that.

Last edited by Rasgorn; Jul 2nd, 2020 at 04:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old Jul 2nd, 2020, 06:24 PM
cappucina's Avatar
cappucina cappucina is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 1262
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
Posts: 879
That is not the first time Rota has heard of this lost kingdom. Rota had heard the rumor that there was a ruin, buried, somewhere in the mountains. But, what would Haakon hope to find there? Why would he put aside his cause to free his sister to look for it? She can find no answers to her own questions.

Farewell Nimloth. I'm sure we will see each other again. I may call upon you for aid - you are very powerful - if there is more trouble along the coast. If you are able to help me in the future, I am sure I can count on it. Yes?

She takes in Nimloth's reaction and then beats her wings and catches air currents to fly quickly up through the fjord away from the grove, not forgetting the final guard on the docks - but just dismissing the lower monstrosity as insignificant to either her or Nimloth. Rota flies to the plateau above the fjord where the first fight happened and backtracks to where she and her morning companions started. Where Nameless would be meeting them to take Thora back to the Smuggler's Cove.

Last edited by cappucina; Jul 2nd, 2020 at 06:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old Jul 5th, 2020, 03:37 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 2838
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 2,564
Always Rota, our fates now twine together for all the days we walk this Middle Earth. When you have need, call, and I shall answer as I am able, says Nimloth in reply to Rota's question about aid. The Horned mage is now weakened. Freeing me, you have freed 219 others, taken and held by me. I have loosed them all. Some, even now turn against the Horned Mage, most others flee, seeking safety and home. There is a Manticore at the Steading, now free. It was always an ugly beast, most likely still evil.

Rota spreads her wings, letting the wind lift her. Flying up, she spies the last guard, dead on his feet, staring blissfully skyward, a victim of Nimloth's beauty. Already flowers are sprouting in the grove now that the taint is gone. Rising into the sky, Rota sees black smoke at the Steading. An oily black smoke lazily coloring the sky. The smell of boiling pitch and tar is heavy in the wind. Men are scrambling into armor, carrying weapons to the walls and gazing at over the fjord for foes. Rota doesn't see a single man look up. She flies unnoticed it seems to the plateau, where she sees her allies. Vanwyn is sitting on the ground, legs splayed before him with Thora's head resting in his lap. Eiken half hand is standing off to the side, armed and watching, a rather disdainful look on his face. Vanwyn is combing Thora's hair and has cleaned the bruises on her face. She looks asleep, her face wrinkled and hurt looking still.
Eiken sees Rota and waves, then suddenly crouches down, holding a cupped hand to his ear. Vanwyn has yet to notice anything, so focused on Thora. Tears glitter across his cheeks.

OOC-Rota roll for spot and listen
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old Jul 6th, 2020, 11:43 AM
cappucina's Avatar
cappucina cappucina is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 1262
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
Posts: 879
Eiken, what is it? Rota flies and lands near the trio while she looks around to see what Eiken noticed. Rota isn't exactly weak, but her offensive and defensive versatility has been greatly diminished. She's been somewhat conservative with her spells and runes, but still every encounter has needed one or the other to ensure it's success. She has something left, and she will always have the spear and shield, but it would be the wisest move to retreat and restore now. If the Horned Mage or Sulhorn the Great Wyrm showed up to confront her - it could be trouble. So, she is on alert as best as she can be. She's ready to protect this trio and see them to safety - and herself as well.

She casts Pass Without A Trace on the group and states her business. Well done all. We must find somewhere to rest. Somewhere safe. Go back to the Cove or go find a boat or go to the hills, put distance between us and this fjord. Rest and come back tomorrow.

spot
Dice Roll:
1d20 2


listen
Dice Roll:
1d20 14




Information
 


Last edited by cappucina; Jul 9th, 2020 at 01:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old Jul 9th, 2020, 04:01 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 2838
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 2,564
Rota sees nothing as she flies and then lands near Eiken. She folds her great black wings, making herself smaller and less visible. She scans the hills again, seeing nothing, but she hears it, a deep, low sound, followed by a snap, a short snap of leather against the wind, followed by a skirling of sod and loose rock twenty feet from them. She can't see it, her Odin's Eye rune have elapsed, but she feels it, feels the wind from it's wings as it lands. Slowly she sees a brief shimmering of steel blue and gray whiskers and then a small dragon of burnished steel appears momentarily. The dragon is twice the size of Nameless, but only for a moment. Rota and Eiken and Vanwyn watch this dragon shift and reform itself into human shape, of a man about five and half feet tall with rounded shoulders, a plump belly, deep set eyes and gray hair, mustache and beard in the style of the Geats. He is dressed all in blue with a wide brimmed hat. He takes the hat off and bows to them all, sweeping the hat along the ground as he does. He stands up, replaces his hat and gives Rota Eiken a curious, questioning look,Good afternoon, I believe I have you to thank for freeing Nimloth, who in turn freed me. If that is not so, I apologize for disturbing you and will be on my way.

Last edited by Rasgorn; Mar 17th, 2021 at 01:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old Jul 10th, 2020, 01:28 AM
cappucina's Avatar
cappucina cappucina is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 1262
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
Posts: 879
Rota's eyebrows are raised with the snapping wind, the sod, the shimmering, the whiskers, the little man with the foreign facial hair and the too large hat. He is the human form of a dragon or what is this? She had heard dragons could take the form of humans. But, it is amusing if the dragon chose a potbelly.

Rota gestures at the others and says, Vanwyn, Eiken, and I came here to get Thora away from the Horned Mage. I met Nimloth by chance, near where Thora was a prisoner. I did help her break the enchantment and destroy a binding and controlling brand. Her will is now her own. I was glad to do this. If you have information that I might find useful - what your orders were or what you know of her other plans - I will want it.

Rota asks, How did you find me so quickly? This is concerning me. I have now the Horned Mage and her people alerted and we must now move Thora, and ourselves, best we can to safety.

Last edited by cappucina; Jul 14th, 2020 at 12:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 04:16 AM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 2838
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 2,564
You are right Rota, we must go and go quickly, before she can gain enough information to focus on us, on this place I mean, which would be us, if we are still here,the dragon whispers out quickly. He stands up, seamlessly shifting form as he does, becoming once again, a dragon of burnished blue steel scales and silver gray eyes. He holds his arms out, motioning to Rota and Eiken, like he will carry them.If you can fly with me Rota, I can carry your companions. As the dragon speaks, Nameless floats slowly down, feather soft, coming out of the sky right behind the dragon, ready to strike with hooves and head. The pegasus is waiting for Rota's signal to either attack or pull up.
The dragon blinks then licks his whiskers with a serpent like tongue,I am so sorry, I forgot my manners. Rota Queen, I am Mithiltir. I found you by finding Nimloth. She and I are old friends. I cuddled with her when I was small, not much bigger than your hand. I served the Horned Queen, much against my will, as sage. She rarely used me in action. Rather she kept me to discuss old lore and find answers to her questions about enchantments and enchanted creatures. Trees in particular, she wanted to know of them and the fey connected to them like sprites, dryads, nymphs and such. We should go though, before she realizes just how much she lost. If she calls me, I may not have the will to resist. She held me long as her thrall and weakened my will to resist her and the vampire. I know a cave, well, not really a cave, more like an old watch room that will protect us from her scrying and may afford me some strength when she comes seeking me.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 12:40 PM
cappucina's Avatar
cappucina cappucina is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 1262
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
Posts: 879
Rota makes some quick decisions and then gives the dragon a nod. Eiken, ride on Nameless. She will fly you so smoothly, you can use your bow or cast spells. Vanwyn, take Thora with you on Mthiltir and make sure she doesn't slide off if he must maneuver.

Rota's wings splay out again and she beats them hard to do a straight lift up off the ground, spraying dirt and dry leaves. I will follow you.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old Jul 18th, 2020, 04:17 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 2838
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 2,564
Nameless glides down and bends enough for Eiken to climb into the saddle. Rota can tell, Eiken is excited at the prospect of riding Nameless, although watching him, she realizes he is not a particularly good rider. Nameless knows that too and does what she can to help him. Nameless lifts off first, circles them, searching the sky for foes and gives a soft neigh that she sees nothing.
Rota unfolds her wings, the dark feathers glisten in the sunlight, seeming to soak it up and shine it back to the heavens. She lifts off the ground, waiting for Mithiltir. Vanwyn and Thora climb up on his back and he hunches a bit to help them. Mithiltir is roughly thirty two feet long, smaller than many drakes even. He rises into the air with a single ripple of his wings, pulling Rota up in his wake. Once off the ground, he takes a long flap and rises even quicker. Rota feels the updraft bringing her along with such force she only has to glide rather than fly as she follows him up. His body curves and his flight straightens. Nameless shakes her head as she follows. For all his bulk, Mithiltir is a more agile flyer than Nameless or Rota and she has to work to keep up and stay in his wake.
It doesn't take them long to fly the edge of the ridge and up into the snow covered peaks. Rota is laboring to keep up, even gliding in his wake from time to time and she can see Nameless is a bit winded as well. He suddenly plunges down, diving towards the snow and then pulls up just as suddenly and sets down, sending snow up in a fog of powdered cold. Nameless lets Eiken off without ever landing herself. The cold stiffens Rota's hair and freezes the blood and battlesweat against her armor. They are standing on a landing with a tall door built into the wall of the mountain. Mithiltir sniffs, then opens the door and though the room and door would easily accompany his size, he shrinks back down to his human form as he steps through into the darkness. Once they are all in, the door closes, encompassing them in darkness for a moment. Vanwyn's hand flares up with blue light, that he changes to gold and Rota can see they are in a sentry hall of a tower. She would guess it is close to sixty feet high and runs back into the mountain, to far for Rota to see the length of the hall. The rest of the room is fifty feet wide and empty of cobwebs and dust. Along the north wall are sconces for torches and cabinets for weapons and armor. All the cabinets are empty. They are made of stone with cut, frosted glass for doors. The room is surprisingly warmer than outside, about fifty degrees and smells of snow and pine.

Last edited by Rasgorn; Mar 17th, 2021 at 12:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB