twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2020, 06:49 AM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 64450
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
March POTM

It's March, and I am going to be traveling a lot this month... How about you?

Regardless, I am not going to let that slow me down on my commitment to recognize great posts, and it shouldn't you either.

Is there a post this month you thought was excellent? One that made you say "Wow... nice!"
Then nominate it! It might impress the judges, and score well. You never know, and it can't win, if you don't nominate it. So, get busy, and nominate!
Old 03-10-2020, 02:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10878
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Player nominated: Odyssey
Game: Fenmire Dynasties
System: 5e
GM: Numen Wraith
Reason for Nomination: Odyssey has stacked a few top notch posts in a row in game and this one just fell in line with recent greats. His character is dealing with the repercussions of past events that have caught up with him. Tying in emotions, thoughts, body language and outside stimulus into complete snap shot of the character in a vulnerable moment.

link

Old 03-12-2020, 01:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8313
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Player Nominated: rhaiber
Game: Academy of Heroes
System: Pathfinder 1e
GM: dalarangreen

Reason for Nomination:

In this post, rhaiber exhibits the true power of creativity when one is willing to say "Yes, and..." rhaiber's character, Spindletop, is a zany kender whose personality lives up to the frequently-banned-from-games race. Having just arrived at the Academy of Heroes, every 1st-year student is given a divination. In my previous post, I had Professor Filander--a crazy prophetic professor--give Spindletop a nonsensical tarot card reading after Spindle caused too much trouble for her initial card reader. Rhaiber took this nonsensical reading and built on it, showing what happens when two crazy people babble at each other in complete understanding.

A hilarious exchange and a delight to read!

link

Old 03-21-2020, 05:11 AM
Read It With A Smile!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27435
Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath
Nominee: FoggyKnight
Game: Ibinel: Book Three
System: Pathfinder
Storyteller: Gath
Actual Post
Inspiration: I’ve been running this game for a long time. There’s been some incredible stuff happening, but mostly it’s a private gig with some amazing players, some of whom are drifters, some who continue to keep breathing life into this homebrew setting that really does have some depth to it, but sometimes it seems like it takes a long time to get there. That’s maybe more of the format than the game or players.

Anyway, FoggyKnight is a longstanding member of the game. They were in a previous book that saw to a calamitous ending, which led to the birth of Book Three. Same world, different timeline, new characters. But something twisted in time and space and for this player reality warped in a very playful and wonderful way and one character became two, one past and one present. And more and more they are realizing that they are born from another but also unique and at the same time their purpose is evolving both behind the scenes and presently in the game.

FoggyKnight has a very careful memory and keeps surprising me with this casual manner in which they weave together a portrayal of perspectives of centuries old and present as their abilities and purpose and scenarios evolve. This is such a post, which may not be supremely evident what is fully involved here, but this is knitting together centuries of existence and happenings and history of other epic or even divine characters and giving direct reference to this reality changing calamitous event - from as far back as 2015 to present day. And it is almost entirely internal meanderings, which absolutely underscores the maturity, style and elegance of this player’s ability to reference these things, to own them in the game thread and in character, but to not rush into early revelations. These things may not ever get revealed by this character, they may never be relevant enough to be worth mentioning. What if they were mentioned and people thought she was insane? Would they even believe her if she explained that some twist of reality brought her back into existence centuries after a calamitous event that theoretically caused her very own demise? This is a careful player, who is dedicated to building both of their characters in this world and is very clearly paying very close attention to the strange things that go on, but is also playing the long game and enjoys finding the right moment for things rather than rushing into it willy nilly, yet still is bubbling over with playful fun-seeking energy and will just as likely offer a 1500 word babbling first person account of the entire game thus far from the childlike perspective of what happened to my chocolate?

Maybe I have it wrong, but this is one of my favorite players of all time. Truly a joy to game with them.

Old 03-21-2020, 05:34 AM
Destroyer of Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1590
Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar
Player Nominated: tomplum
Game: After the Quake
System: DnD 5E
GM: Therru

Reason for nomination: In this wonderful post, tomplum manages to do triple duty. He introduces us to his character, Tsuyui Ofu. He engages in some philosophising on the nature of slavery. And he slips in some wonderful world-building. And all this is done seamlessly, and to a very high literary standard.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:07 AM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7034
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen

Player Nominated: OtherwiseApple
Game: NPSG
System: Pathfinder
GM: Totentanzen
Post Link: Here

Reason for nomination:
Most players here have gone through a New Player Solo Game, a lot of the times were so eager to get things going we might do our best to write a well placed retort but many are eager to press enter for that first time. (Absolutely nothing wrong with that!) But one of my players took the time to write out a very well written beginning post that breathed it's own life into a game, almost creating a background in the progress. (Which can be hard to do when you are not given information on the world/place you are playing in!)

Last edited by Totentanzen; 03-23-2020 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8486
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Player Nominated: Retry
Game: Decent into Avernus
System: D&D 5e
GM: DaysUntold

Reason for Nomination:
A hero is someone who, in spite of weakness, doubt or not always knowing the answers, goes ahead and overcomes anyway. -Christopher Reeve
I've always liked that quote and Retry's characters usually embody it to one degree or another. In this nominated post, Ravi, his halfling Alchemist, faces down a passage into the sewers and is suddenly confronted with the danger it holds, remembering her brush with death the previous night. A hero isn't always the strongest of the smartest or the quickest or the bravest. Sometimes that are just the ones who keep moving forward despite it all.

link

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 03-27-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Closed Thread