Game Thread Barovia Wants You! - Page 145 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Barovia Wants You!
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2020, 11:49 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4773
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
"Lance... who the heck is Nolizard and why did they eat my dog? He was just a silly dog who never did anyone any harm."

And she turns to Mercy. "I'm not going anywhere with you! He doesn't want you any more! He's with me now! And he can't sparkle in the sun because there isn't any sun in Barovia, and don't you dare say anything about it! And the wolves weren't with him! He saved me from the wolves!"

She calms a bit, and speaks to Rolen.

"No," she says, "I do not wish to leave this place, but you better! You better not be here when He gets back!"

And then the temperature drops, or perhaps you just think it does.

"He's coming!" Gertrude says. "He's coming, and then you'll see!"

Last edited by Exfilia; Nov 28th, 2020 at 11:50 AM.
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 12:05 PM
ubique terrarum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11625
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
Mercy Petreva, Human Light Cleric"Don't be afraid. We're not leaving you here. This doesn't make sense now but someday it will. Keep your head on your neck and come with me!" Mercy says with steely determination.

She tries to wrap her arms around the girl, and drag her out of the room, but the child writhes out of her grasp and she can't a way to get a good hold in the silken sheets.

"Help me with this!" she cries out to the party. "I don't want to hurt her, but we've got to get her out of here. If you can drag her out, hide, scatter -- I'll stay here, and stall the monster while you escape."

She thinks frantically if she can remember what the maps were, what Leif Lipsiege had said. Her memory is not the best. She can probably get out on her own, but maybe not. Her conviction, however, is strong. Whatever must be done to ensure that this child isn't consumed by the devil while they run away, that's what she'll do.

OOCOooo, she rolled soooo poorly on her grapple. So poorly. Basically she just swats around at the sheets.
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 01:35 PM
Likely up to no good ...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5502
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
K42 - Bedroom
right-aligned image
And there she goes, slapping the trigger with all her might, thought Herr Doktor Wens a little sadly, understanding that Mercy's nature could not allow otherwise. As for the others...? He would have to see, but his hopes were not high.

"Oh gods! Oh gods! He's coming, he's coming! Hide me, hide me!," screamed Jeeves in his mind, loud enough to actually hurt Herr Doktor Wens' teeth.

He did not act or speak; instead he waited, running quickly, quickly, quickly through their options. To offer violence to Strahd would be fruitless, whether as threat or action. Running would be a confession to their guilt and dissolve the bonds of guest right, such as they were in Ravenloft. That left only one option...

"It is too late for that, Jeeves, alas. But keep quiet and follow my lead. We may survive this yet," said Herr Doktor Wens telepathically, waiting for His arrival and observing his comrades. "Old Chondathan: "He must have a long spoon, who wants to eat with the devil."Der muss einen langen Löffel haben, der mit dem Teufel essen will."
Mechanics

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Oakie; Nov 28th, 2020 at 01:40 PM.
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 02:37 PM
¡Salud, camaradas!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17915
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Arquiztex
right-aligned image

"Why wouldn't I? It's just common courtesy!" Arquiztex recalls SilverRamble her elf friend saying to her. "Common courtesy," there were so many words in common language that overlapped with others, that didn't decline on their own and that made no sense until they were combined with others. This was one of them. And also ... Arquiztex began realizing something about her linguistic training. She spoke common. She spoke common very substantial. Best of young lizards. But in the short time she had spent with SilverRamble and his group of elf refugees, she realized her common was limited to the common a Rak'ta would need to know to barter or battle with others. "Do you accept the terms of your surrender as laid out and conditional upon the following developments—as we shall prove to you which have come to pass—in other fields of battle beyond our immediate field of war?" Yeah, things like that she could lingo like a diplomat. But things like, "Oh, this is quite tasty! Can you smear some more of that grasshopper sauce on the tray so I can share it around!" Phrases that seemed to roll of the elf's tongue ... well, Arquiztex had no idea how to conjugate those. She realized she had never really learned common. She had learned common-kick-ass, common-domineering, common-woe-unto-you which, for a Rak'ta was more or less all you wanted or needed from life. But that type of common did nothing for tea, scones and grasshopper sauce...no, not "sauce," it was..."jam," that was the word SilverRamble had actually used.

The realization about her speak-slant in common had triggered other thoughts in Arquiztex this past week. For example, Celestial. Had she been taught Celestial the same way she had been taught Common? Was her understanding of the Rak'ta gods and holy stories confined by her ability to word them? Were there unknown words for "sauce" in the celestial world? Not that the gods ate god-sauce, but were there words in existence like "jam" which she didn't know and which could define different understandings of Semuanya, Triftuq, reverence, prayer, devotion and holiness? This bothered Arquiztex ... because she was sure there were. If an elf could teach her "jam," then surely a scaled-angel could teach her so much more.

And it even frustrated her now. She repeated the words back that she had used with Gertrude and realized, that, possibly, Gertrude understood common as muscle-little as did Arquiztex, even wimpier. Arquiztex could see how Gertrude could make the understand mistake that she did. (It was even kind of funny, though more kind of sad.) So Arquiztex spoke slowly, and clearly to try one more time.

"No. Sorry. Dog okay. Dog happy. Alive. Dog still wag tail and try to make baby dogs from people legs. All good. Problem is here. You have found ... James, not Eduard. This one want only bite. No little James babies."

It was, hopefully something. Though Arquiztex realized it wouldn't be enough.

She knew it wouldn't be enough because she had been in the place of Gertrude. Blind to what was around her. Without words to describe it. Even in draconian, she had no words. Even in her dreams, when she had visions of wise, dry-scaled matron lizards coming to her and warning and urging a way out, she knew she could still not name it. They could not name it. How could she? It was only a feeling. A feeling of exhilaration to have been chosen by her shaman. A feeling of pride and identity. A feeling of minor annoyances with herself that she wasn't doing things correctly, that she wasn't grateful enough, that she made too many mistakes, caused too many annoyances. She blamed herself for resenting the bites. She blamed herself for not welcoming the forced closenesses. She blamed herself for not being happy when the shaman returned to the cave. She blamed herself for relaxing only when the shaman was beyond her sight. She blamed herself ... yes, mostly for that. If it hadn't been for Primble, then that more than anything else could have turned out to haunt her every moment. At night, it still does.

Arquiztex looked at Gertrude and knew where the human was. She was at the so-happy-to-be-in-the-cave stage. She was at the what-bites? stage. She was at the no-everything-is-how-I-desire stage. She was at the my-duty-is-my-fulfillment stage. She was nowhere near the fleeing stage. If it ever would be a stage. For Arquiztex, it might never have come if the Strahd-dreams had not come into her tribe, if she wasn't chosen to go as an emissary for her tribe, her removal a punishment to the shaman, an unbearable separation for herself ... until she realized it was a release. A release for something she had no name for, not in common, not in draconian, not even in her night visions.

"Here." She says, rudely reaching into Mercy's pack as Mercy fumbled with the sheets in a vain attempt to corral an unwilling Gertrude. "Take this book. Emma better than Bella. She choose small band of true friends. Not chosen for her. And no neck bite. If you choose us, we'll be in Vallaki soon."

So it is a "yes" on the slipper?

Arquiztex movements and actions

Arquiztex stats and character sheet link

Last edited by bananabadger; Nov 28th, 2020 at 10:35 PM.
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 06:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10989
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk
There is a certain beautiful freedom that comes when a girl realizes it truly doesn’t matter if she dies. She was out. She came back, risking Eglantine, to try and save them, but there is no save. So she traded the only----No.

She does not think of these things. She knew so little, when she made that trade.

Why is she here? Because the lizard gave her such a gift? To save Mercy? To stand like a wall between any eggish heartbeat and evil, when her own egg is out there, unprotected. Some shaman who does not care which eggling is eaten, some Per, who thinks orphans should be brown or pink, soft, unscaled, unclawed, unperfect.

This here, in the bed, is someone's egg. It is STILL an egg, so young and soft and ruined and stupid. Motherless. Unmothered. To be unmothered is to be meat.

Still. To have a child in an old foul man’s bed is an abomination.

It cannot be borne. She cannot bear it, anyway. So. Let the leech kill her. Let the world burn. Her own mother will come for her, maybe. But why should night mother come? When Primble has failed her own egg---her only egg. She has neither the experience, nor the inclination, nor the necessary biology for there to ever be another egg for her.

She walks pragmatically over to the chamber pot and picks it up and climbs into the silken bed and beats the child in the head until it is still.

It's what any mother would do.

Take her place. Now. If you cannot, then I will, she tells Mercy tonelessly. She turns to the only one she truly trusts here. Arquiztex, float this soft egg out of here.

She shoves at the inert girl with her feet, pushing her toward the lizard.]

Primble Thorn Actions
Saving throws:
Free Action:
Move:
Action:
Reaction:
Bonus Action:
Condition:
Concentrating:

Last edited by Fillyjonk; Nov 28th, 2020 at 06:16 PM.
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 06:34 PM
Likely up to no good ...

Tools
User Statistics
K42 - Bedroom
right-aligned image
So much for discussion, thought Herr Doktor Wens. With Primble's hasty action, and her and Mercy's determination to face Strahd and offer themselves in trade, any chance for a more reasonable bargain was thwarted. If the rest of them were to live, they would have to run and hope that Strahd accepted the bargain, or at least tarried long enough for their escape.

Pulling his portable hole from its pocket and flicking it open upon the floor, he said, "Miss Thurkar, I hope you have that feather fall spell ready. Quickly, push Gertrude inside with the rest of us. We will have about a minute before suffocation. Be quick and out the window!"

Then he climbed inside the hole with Jeeves and helped lower the girl and others down safely, whichever might choose to escape.
Mechanics

Old Nov 28th, 2020, 06:42 PM
¡Salud, camaradas!

Tools
User Statistics
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Arquiztex
right-aligned image

Most any other time, Arquiztex wouldn't want her new tribe to realize how easy it was for her to sling a human-child over her shoulder and run away with it.

She realizes she effectively blew her cover with Primble when she hauled the wizard-halfling, but Primble was distracted at that moment.

Now, there would be no way to hide it—this ample familiarity of snatching away small humans from a battlefield. Or a home.

Arquiztex was Rak'ta enough not to be ashamed of it. (After all, among Rak'ta this was a point of pride—"Ha! I took away 5 and 4 were still living when I arrived back at camp!") But Arquiztex was also strangely, sufficiently bonded with this new tribe to feel ... embarrassed? (As foreign as that feeling would be to her upbringing.)

So, taking pride in her craft, but not able to look the others in the eyes, she flings the inert silk-clad child over her shoulder, places her in the bag with any others who have already climbed inside, turns, turns back, grabs the slippers, turns once more to the large windows, creeps through them, approaches the wall, looks down to ensure she is just above the entrance ... and prepares her jump, giving just enough time for any others to assemble behind her who did not crawl into the bag. In these last moments, as she counts down from 7 for the benefit of those who may have followed, she allows herself an indulgent, non-Rak'ta thought: Ziendieeidechse! But I'm going to look beautiful floating down with this fluttering violet dress!

Two of them! Thank you, stupid lizard.

Last edited by bananabadger; Nov 28th, 2020 at 06:53 PM.
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 08:29 PM
ubique terrarum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11625
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
Mercy Petreva, Human Light Cleric
right-aligned image
There's no time to be dramatic, sadly, with the master on the way. She can imagine... so many songs to sing, standing at the window, waving slowly, a single tear falling. But Mercy helps Wens to lower Gertrude into the portable hole and reassures her friends as they situate themselves for transport.

"I'll just say a few words, really quickly," she says, fastening her hair back and clearing her throat, "Just in case the next time you see me you'll be accessorizing my outfit with a wooden stake! Ha ha? Anyway, I just want you to know--" She checks the light, angles her head just so to make sure she... but the temperature drops, noticeably. There really is no time for this.

"Ok well -- good luck, Doktor Wens," she says hurriedly, "I hope you and Ireena find every happiness. Farewell, Rolen, thank you for the dances! May Sune smile on you forever. Primble--"

She sees Primble still sitting on the edge of the bed, stunned, with the chamber pot in her hand. "Here, give me that." She puts it away where it goes and takes the girl in her arms. She smoothes back the unfortunately severe bangs and says, "You are my sweet summer girl, Primble, now please just never forget -- don't ever -- don't ever wear jewel tones, I know it seems like you should because you have dark hair but they will completely exsanguinate you. Just know that. Forever, ok? No jewel tones."

She bundles Primble into Rolen's arms in the hole along with the dress she made for her, puts in her bag, the healing staff, everything but her mirror, and she helps Arquiztex wrap it up.

"Arquiztex, thank you for being my friend and trying to understand me. I'm sorry I couldn't really understand you very much. And please give Sylvi a hug and a kiss." She hugs the lizard and kisses her jaw place area. "Tell her if she has to kill me it's okay. Only if I turn into a vampire, though. A real vampire. If I am just pretending I will say a code word - um, I will say dollhouse? Okay? Dollhouse!"

She watches Arquiztex step from the window onto the parapet. "I'm going to do my very best to give you as much time as you possibly can to get them away! Don't worry!" She watches her launch from the crenellations into the air and float downward. Don't worry, girl. You'll be ok. You'll sneak away. You'll get stronger. You'll form an unholy alliance with Leif Lipsiege.

When her friends are away, Mercy gets into the bed. She takes off her black dress and fluffs up her white chemise. She pools her hair around her so that she looks as much like Tatyana as possible. She holds her mirror in her hand, under the covers, and remembers the black and silver mirror that she summoned for a spiritual weapon. Who was the dark goddess that she saw when she looked in its silver light? Was it only her own face? Would her long beloved goddess have mercy on her now? And send light to protect her?

Holy Sune, full of love
Let your grace be my heart
Let your mercy be my eyes
Let your light be my life

Old Nov 28th, 2020, 10:41 PM
Down & Dirty Dragoonie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12932
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
The party's end?
right-aligned image
It was as he thought. Gertrude would not listen to reason and leave a spider's web. She was confused, angry, and above all a scared child. Mercy tried to calm her, and then tried to grab her.

"But we are His guests, Gertrude."Were they ever really? He kept his voice calm, warm, and free of the doubts plaguing his mind. Rolen wanted to keep her calm. For everyone's benifet. We can't just leave her here to be drained dry, or worse. "And besides, we're only talking. No harm in making friends. Everyone needs friends, even Him."

Arquiztex was trying to persuade her as well. Giving her one of the forbidden tomes and sharing some fabled lesson from the story. Then, rather suddenly and to everyone's surprise, Primble solved the problem of removing an involuntary girl. Now Gertrude lay limply on the silk sheets as the party stood stunned for a moment. Before he knew it the others were loading the unconscious Gertrude into the magic bag. Wens climbed in too.

Rolen couldn't recall what was said. Things were happening fast and the room was growing colder. A chill crept up his spine. Maybe it was the night air or maybe it was Mecry's words. She's going to stay. The realizetion hit Rolen like a ray of frost. She know's she's the only one who could distract him. She could be the soul of his lost love and yet she would stay so we can flee.

The ranger felt tears welling in his eyes as she said goodbye to each of them. "There will be more dances, Mercy. You must escape. Lief can tell you the way again. Go to Vallaki if you can. If not well, I climbed into the pit for you back at Durst Manor. I'll do it again." He scooped up Primble when Mercy ushered her into his arms and tucked her into the portable hole along with himself. "I've always wanted to fly, never thought it would be like this." Rolen said to Arquiztex with only his head sticking out of the magic bag. He winked and ducked inside.

Actions & Stats

Widowmaker, Stallion supreme

Old Nov 29th, 2020, 11:39 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
Arquiztex shoves a more acceptable example of reading material into Gertrude's hands. Mercy tries and fails to grapple her. Primble brains the girl with a chamber pot, spilling the contents into the bed.

And with much dragging and shoving, everyone except Arquiztex and Mercy enter the Portable Hole.

Oh, thank you!, Jeeves says in Wens's head.

Arquiztex folds up the hole, secures it in the pocket of the gown Mercy made her, and hurries into the closet and out one of the windows. She finds the spot she wants, does her feather fall spell and jumps over the railing. High above a single bat circles a couple of times, and then disappears as the Rak'ta and her burden plunge down the side of the castle wall, and then along the waterfall. Down and down and down...

Yeah, it's getting a little stuffy in the bag.

...and, SPLASH!!! into the river!

Lucky Rak'ta have a swimming speed. Arquiztex reaches the bank in a couple of strokes. When she unfolds the hole and the people inside climb out into the blessedly fresh air, they see the lights of the Vistani camp through the woods.

Mercy watches Arquiztex leave, and sits on the foot of the bed, avoiding the mess. Shortly after, she hears footsteps, and the door opens.

"Well," says Strahd, "what happened in here?"

He waves a hand in a gesture of prestidigitation, and the mess disappears.

"And there seems to have been a... substitution, here. Does this have anything to do with the reptile falling from my battlements? You are certainly one of the most amusing parties of dinner guests I have ever had the pleasure of entertaining!"

"And you, my dear! This is the first time in all the years since Tatyana was lost to me that her reincarnation has come to me voluntarily. I knew it would happen, eventually, and I am so very, very pleased!"

He takes Mercy's hands in his, touches his icy lips first to her forehead, then her lips, and then, delicately, to the skin of her neck. And then she feels his fangs brush against her skin.
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 11:57 AM
¡Salud, camaradas!

Tools
User Statistics

"Free Barovia!" squeaks Abdu Ibn as he rushes inside Strahd's pant legs and scurries up toward his target. Sure, the self-proclaimed magician-rat talks a big game about the powers of spells and channeling of alter-planes ... but when it comes down to it, nothing beats a bite to the nuts (if Strahd has those).

Last edited by bananabadger; Nov 29th, 2020 at 11:58 AM.
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 12:45 PM
Likely up to no good ...

Tools
User Statistics
HUGE POST-PRIMBLE RETCON

Below the Falls
right-aligned image
In the darkness, many words are said. Mostly by Primble. Mostly directed at Herr Doktor Wens. As are some hard objects thrown at his head. The girl is overwrought, patience, thinks Herr Doktor Wens, fighting down the urge to smack her for impudence. Then Arquiztex opens their prison.

Sucking in fresh air and light, Herr Doktor Wens says to Gertrude, Intimidation 7! LOLharshly, "You will walk with us. You will be quiet. If not, I will let the sorceress burn you to a cinder."

As the others begin to climb out of the hole, Herr Dokter Wens looks around and prestidigitates the bilious mess. All is mostly clean, yet much odor remains. Then he sees the books that must be Primble's gift. Sighing, he says to Jeeves, "Our terms are met for tonight, I think. Would you care to stay here or accompany me some more?"

"With those targets on your back? And that crazy chick out there? Just as soon stay in the blackness here, thanks."

He nods at the staff, then proceeds to climb out of the hole (with a little help, perhaps). Like everyone else, he sees the lights of what he presumes to be the Vistani camp.

After he folds up the portable hole and stows it, he accepts the letter from Abdu Ibn with thanks, then squats by the prostrate Primble and says softly, humbly, "Miss Thorn — Primble — will you guide me? Your eyes see better at night. I would not light a torch and give Him any advantage. But let us make haste. And, um, I look forward to reading the books you kindly brought me."

Despite the urgency of their plight, Herr Doktor Wens cannot help but ponder as they scramble through the woods, Was it worth it? Was Mercy's life — and likely her soul — worth their gains? A map of his castle, even the way to the heart, and the life of a fool girl who may well run back to the Old Tick the moment He calls? We have lost a friend and a strategic asset. Maybe I should have spoken against this ill venture more strongly? What would a general say?

As for Primble's admonishments, he is too angry, too shocked, too hurt, and too exhausted to entirely digest what she has said, though the words are a whirlpool in the river of his soul.
Mechanics

OOCMap attached of where we've been and two locations we have a general sense for. Not sure where we are at this moment. Bottom right of Tser Falls? Another falls not shown?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Barovia_Map-3.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	88529  

Last edited by Oakie; Nov 29th, 2020 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Post-Primble Retcon
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 02:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
OOCMap attached of where we've been and two locations we have a general sense for. Not sure where we are at this moment. Bottom right of Tser Falls? Another falls not shown?
Your map is a lovely piece of folk art.

Yeah, but accurate? Nyet.

I know that OOC you know that; just acknowledging, here.

So, you know how Castle Rock rises right behind the church in Barovia? Really steeply, so you can see the village from--somewhere you haven't been yet? It's almost straight up.

On the other side, too. The waterfall comes straight down into a relatively deep pool from which a creek joins the river. This is not quite RAW, but close. It's the way the magician fell to his death, and the way the ghostly midnight calvalcade ends every night. There's a RAW path from the falls to Tser Pool.
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 08:35 PM
¡Salud, camaradas!

Tools
User Statistics
Arquiztex
right-aligned image

Though she would be loathe to admit it, Arquiztex knows it is possible for a Rak'ta to drown. Her breathing is telling her this. Her body temperature is telling her this. Her pride is telling her this. She almost failed.

Crawling out of the water and hurrying to open the world for her companions (and captor), Arquiztex then lies down at the water edge and looks up to the sky.

She has no idea what they are going to do about this Gertrude. She has no idea how, if at all, they can rescue Mercy. She has no idea if Mercy is still Mercy or some dark substance in Mercy's form. She has no idea if Abdu Ibn carried out their plan. She has no idea, having seen Strahd's fortress and power, how they can ever hope to conquer him. She has no idea if Sylvi has survived the night wherever she has spent it.

Because the uncertainties bring pain to her head, she decides to concentrate on what she can achieve. There is one task, doable and quick—but like so many others, only in conjunction with her friends and allies.

Approaching Primble, she holds out the water-soaked letter from Lief.

"MAGIC! dry it, please? "

Keeping her promise about delivering the letter to Lief's family would be fulling one task. A victory, of sorts. And Triftuq knows, this group needs a victory right now.

Oh, and one other letter. She walks over and hands it to Wens as soon as it is dry.

"I think Abdu should squeak more, eat cheese more and philosophize less. But, Abdu Ibn, I suppose. This for you."

Last edited by bananabadger; Nov 29th, 2020 at 09:10 PM.
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 10:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10989
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk
They fall. Inside the hole, she feels the motion. She is in Arquiztex’s claws, and fate’s now. The air inside the sack is quickly thin.

Smothering to death in a hole is not so bad. There are many worse deaths. She has witnessed them in Lalum, and cleaned up after, gathering the human scraps to burn.

She will miss Madquitex-Eglantine if she is dead, but how is that different from now? She cannot get out of the mists, and all the silence will make killing the leech impossible, so eventually, she dies here. Why not die quietly and relatively painlessly in a bag, now?

It is all the same to her. And this is so very freeing. If she is going to die, why not say her opinion?

The Gertrude Egg stirs. Wens wants to tie it and gag it. Instead, she picks up Jeeves, who was put away in here earlier.

There are more here than Wens that you need to propitiate, STICK, she tells it. Out loud. For all to hear. And shakes it soundly.

She turns to Gertrude, brandishing Jeeves.

If you holler I will bean you again, and also pull your hair. You are not going to loll in the beds of ancient monsters while wearing floaty chemises. It is unacceptable behavior. You will read the great literature gifted to you by Arquiztex and wear sensible things and learn algebra. Now sit there and enjoy the silence. Your own I mean. Not my silence. I am finished being silent.

(If the Gertrude-Egg protests, she DOES bean it again, with Jeeves, until its mouthhole closes.)

She looks around, her eyes lamp-lit, and the darkness of the hole is only dimness to her.

She turns on Wens. As for you! Do you know that you have spent more courtesy, more bows, more time communicating with an evil hagstick than you have ever spent on me?

Arquiztex and I came back through the mists for you! For me, you have only silence and judging looks and cold words, yet still we NONSENSICALLY returned to help you! While we were out, I thought of you enough to GET YOU PRESENTS!

She hurls the books she got for him on the outside at his head.

Do you know what I have lost, to try to save you and these others? Am I even in your Polis? Or is it you and your bad stick against the world? You and this stick are the same. You hoard things: Knowledge, words, kindness.

I mean to kill Lord Leech, as soon as possible, and go to my egg. If his death does not free me from this place, I mean to die here, as soon as I can. But before I die, I swear to you by the stars in my blood and my progenitor, Night Mother, the black goddess of a million midnights, if you do not give this Polis more words and attention and courtesy than you pay your evil stick, I will see it ash. If you do not stop talking to it more than you talk to us, with all your clues and research and thinking that are the way to end him---we need this! I came back to fight with this Polis---so be in it! You are not yet even of it, Patriarch. DECIDE.

THIS IS MY GODBORN HOLY OPINION.

She hurls Jeeves back to him, turns to the side, and vomits in a huge arc, spewing mostly bile---she skipped the dinner---all through the bag.

It is very stressful to say opinions.

And as for you! She wipes her mouth and wheels on Rolen, the only sentient being left in the bag that she has not verbally and/or physically assaulted. As for you! I think you are nice.... Can you teach me to be nice? I think the whole Polis needs to learn this NICE from you, or we will fail.

At this point, for poor Rolen, this may seem like quite a job of work.

When the bag opens she pops out and fixes the letter, just as the lizard asks, and then flops onto the grass.

I HAVE UPSET FEELINGS ABOUT MERCY, she says.

Primble Thorn Actions
Saving throws:
Free Action:
Move:
Action:
Reaction:
Bonus Action:
Condition:
Concentrating:

[spoilerbutton=Primble Thorn Stat Block]
|Aasimar Divine Soul Sorcerer | Level 5 | Character Sheet
HP: 27/27 AID AC: 13/10 (Mage Armor)
Spells:
Level 1: 3/4
Level 2: 3/3
Level 3: 1/2
Sorcery Points: 5/5
Skills Arcana +5, Insight +5, Persuasion +7, Religion +5 Deception/Intimidation/Performance+4
Weapons: +1 Dagger, Dagger, Light X bow 20/20 bolts
Attuned:
Spell Info: Ability=Charisma, DC 15, Attack Bonus +7
Cantrips: Firebolt. Light. Message. Prestidigitation. Spare the Dying. Word of Radiance
Level 1: Guiding Bolt. Healing Word. Mage Armor. Protection from Good-n-Evil. Shield
Level 2: Aid. Lesser Restoration
Level 3: Daylight. Spirit Guardians
Carrying for Party:
Primble Books: Ivanhoe, Kidnapped and Catriona together in one volume, Treasure Island, Several Jude Deveraux Books.

writing paper, quills, ink, a box of watercolors w brush

Last edited by Fillyjonk; Nov 30th, 2020 at 07:48 AM.
Closed Thread