Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > General Discussion
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-21-2020, 11:13 AM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9664
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Kid's Birthday? Other Celebration? No Party? Celebrate here!

First, let me give the credit to Totentanzen. He sparked this idea. Now on to the fun:

In this time of social distancing, I suspect there are more like us: kiddo birthday parties canceled. Confusion and questions. Want to still have a party with other kids? Want to share some cheer with others? Come on in!

If you have a kiddo whose party was canceled (or heck, is even just missing friends because schools are closed), tell us what would brighten their day. Maybe you had a project planned for the party? Share your kiddo's creation and let our kids make their own versions of that project to share back to your kid. Or perhaps you just have a theme. Share your themes here and let our kids make some art to share.

(You Big kids count as well) Anniversary? Birthday? I won't even make you tell us how old you are. Just give us something to work with and poof there will be some artwork to brighten your day!

I'll kick us off. My daughter is turning 6 on Monday. We didn't have a big party planned, but we were planning to see some of her friends. They are self-quarantined awaiting test results, so even that is off. We are doing a unicorn theme. Want to share something unicorn-y to brighten up her day? Post it here!

Last edited by Roekahs; 03-23-2020 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:01 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6243
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
I can't take the credit, It twas your idea to post the thread!

I wish I had more unicorns in my house! Two older boys and one girl a unicorn army does not make! But I did have one unicorn stuffed animal!

My son turns 5 on tuesday and we were going to do a stuffed animal adoption party. Were going to just do it as a family today instead. Ill share pictures tonight. We have a green and yellow cake (He wanted the colors) To be honest I have no idea what would make him happy. He likes transformers and the like so if anyone has any cool ones to share that would be awesome!

Old 03-21-2020, 05:28 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 976
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Quote:
Originally Posted by roekahs View Post
i'll kick us off. My daughter is turning 6 on monday. We didn't have a big party planned, but we were planning to see some of her friends. They are self-quarantined awaiting test results, so even that is off. We are doing a unicorn theme. Want to share something unicorn-y to brighten up her day? Post it here!
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200321_212620.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	83549 just a quick unicorn doodle! Hope she likes it! ☺

Playing- Sigil Moonchild @ Ravnica: Reconstructed | DMing- Law of the Jungle

Last edited by Wishkamon; 03-21-2020 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:40 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36615
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Had my Yes, I’m old. Wanna fight about it?28th anniversary today. Instead of going out, she got a person pizza to go and I got Poke. Honestly, not a hell of a lot different than I would have done in a normal situation. So I guess my post doesn’t really belong here

To Roek and Totes. Having parents that care is so much more important than any single birthday. They’ll get over it a lot quicker than you will!

Wishing all of the youngsters happy birthdays!!!

Last edited by Squeak; 03-21-2020 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:56 AM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6243
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
@Squeak Happy Anniversary! That's awesome regardless of how old you are You also just made me realize my wife and I will celebrate our 6th Anniversary probably under lockdown so I should probably thing of something.

Thank you! I shall let my son know that a small baby head with as much hair as his newborn brother has wished him the best on his day of birth.

Last edited by Totentanzen; 03-22-2020 at 06:57 AM.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:10 AM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10135
Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne
My son is turning one today and we had to cancel is his party. I don't think he knows. We had my mother over yesterday and my father and brother are coming over today. He likes dinosaurs.

He liked his cupcake yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B69B9F57-8D25-4F78-887C-022C96AD738B.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	83556   Click image for larger version

Name:	A16CE3B4-C73D-4D80-B734-C48896E85D22.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	83557  

Last edited by Raylorne; 03-22-2020 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:48 AM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
@Raylorne - A dinosaur! Pretty sure the colors were inspired by the cupcake. Also, a recreation of your picture...

@Totenzen - Balloons from my 3 year old; they were going to be green and yellow, but ... attention spans ... With two girls, we don't have much in the way of transformers, but we've got green and yellow! (we also got stuck on dinosaurs ... those attention spans ...)

@Squeak - I've got two stir-crazy kids ... I was not sure how many "please"s to put here, just assume it goes on for a while ...please, please, please give them purpose! They were as excited to help celebrate your anniversary as they were other kid's birthdays. I think my 3 year old drew you a cake ... I've been told that it was several different things, including a cake for Squeak (I think I mentioned something about attention spans ...). The other is definitely a cake.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20200322_094401105.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	83558   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200322_095109299.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	83559   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200322_100511221.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	83560   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200322_100516660.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	83561   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200322_103625556.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	83562  

Name:	IMG_20200322_103913815.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	83563  

Last edited by Roekahs; 03-22-2020 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:53 AM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36615
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Thank your daughter for the cake Roek!!!

I have two daughters that are teachers and they highly recommend novel effects. It makes sound effects when you read a book, very cool.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26431
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
My nephew's sixth birthday party is in a few days and we're arranging a big Skype call to all sing him happy birthday while he blows out the candles

Last edited by Imveros; 03-23-2020 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:16 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18718
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
My nephew's sixth birthday party is in a few days and we're arranging a big Skype call to all sing him happy birthday while he blows out the candles
left-aligned image
I can't wait for this, honestly

50+ people screeching over Skype while the kid loves every second of it. I don't have kids of my own but Imveros' nephew is a pretty good egg so he should get a little cheer.

My wife's birthday is in a week and I know she's going to be stir-crazy by then so I'm thinking on ideas for virtual hangs with her friends.

I've never been a party person but she's thrown a couple great ones for my landmark year birthdays so it seems like a good time to give back.

Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 03-23-2020 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:17 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26796
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
We did an 18th birthday on lockdown last week. Everyone was responsible for coming up with a craft or activity. There was cake baking, dice making (from wood blanks cut and sanded by hand earlier in the day), paper doll making, a board game, a one-hour video compilation from the 1st year of the celebrant's life, and a nice meal. Turned out to be a pretty good birthday!

If you are still desperate for art projects, Roekahs, she likes kayaks, violins, and stars/space. Alternatively, she just started a D&D game with her sister and is playing a flashy axe-juggling fighter performer type who wears a lot of purple (including the axe.)
Old 03-30-2020, 07:51 PM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for sharing Birched. I'm glad you were able to do something. I have been trying to wrangle art out of the girls for a couple days with literally no success. They are so confused + spring stir-crazy + cooped up stir crazy!! My oldest was excited about the purple axe juggler though ... so there may be a picture coming down the line.

Imveros, I love the Skype call idea! I suspect that is actually going to be a very special memory for him!