twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 09:56 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65692
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
April PoTM

It's April, and a lot of the world is tied to their home more than any time this century.

There's a lot going on in the world, and it can be tough to get through it all. Luckily, we have a safe retreat here, where people can shake off the cares of the world for a few minutes, and write. We can open up our imaginations, and let "that world" disappear, and create a new one for a little while.

If someone opened up a new world for you this month, if there's a post out there that made your worries disappear for a while, give it some love. Nominate it! Show it off to others, and let everyone appreciate the skills and beauty for a moment.

You never know, it may turn out to be earn the honors for the best post of the month! So, get busy, and nominate!
Old 04-21-2020, 03:38 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 442
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem

Old 04-26-2020, 05:55 PM
Destroyer of Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1602
Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar
Player nominated: Therru
Game: After the Quake
System: DnD 5E
GM: Therru

Reason for nomination: In this game, Therru has consistently posted some of the highest-quality DM posts I've seen on this site. Full of drama and poetry (both literally and figuratively), constantly engaging the players, and adroitly managing multiple converging threads (or, as another player put it, 'plate-spinning'). And, perhaps most importantly, they have inspired the players of After the Quake to produce high quality posts themselves.

Last edited by Telcontar; 04-27-2020 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-26-2020, 11:09 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14707
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Player Nominated: briar
Game: Pokemon Island Exploration
GM: Hound & Phettburg

Reason for Nomination: briar is a new member of the site but has already demonstrated her skill and eagerness to play. Her opening post is a great example of the interesting imagery she creates as she writes. I also enjoyed the joke about the Emolga on drugs.

That said, briar was not the only one who did an amazing job. If I was allowed I would be nominating five or six people. I was so impressed and overjoyed by the amount of enthusiasm and effort that has been put in by the players for this Pokemon game. I'm really glad I found a Co Gm to help me make it work.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:22 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5600
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Player nominated: Helvorix
Game: East of the Misty Mountains
DM: Silent Rain

Old 04-27-2020, 02:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4034
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
Player Nominated: ihinka
Game: Heroes of the Purple Waste
DM: Nade

Reason for Nomination:

I should preface this nomination I guess by saying pretty much all of the players in Heroes of the Purple Waste are pretty damn good, I’d nominate them all if I could . In this case though ihinka, from the very start, has written some amazing posts. She brings her characters to life in a way that few can. This post in particular caught my eye through its use of language and the emotion conveyed within it, particularly when it comes to Alena’s own internal struggles. It would be remiss of me not to put this forward for nomination, in my opinion ihinka has really outdone herself here.

Linky here

GM: Heroes of the Purple Waste: - an enchanted adventure in a faraway land of mystical promise
Old 04-28-2020, 02:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 883
Thalric Thalric Thalric Thalric Thalric Thalric Thalric
Player nominated: Trmmilwwi
Game: Stories of the Apt: Collegium Graduates
DM: Thalric

Reason for Nomination: This is my first game I'm DMing and I can only echo what Nade has said, choosing a player and post to nominate is very difficult. I love the story we're building so far and I could not go wrong with nominating one of my other players either. In the end, I decided to nominate Trmmilwwi for his introductory post into the campaign. It's really well written and gives a clear picture of the portrayed character.

Link to post: Click me!
Old 04-29-2020, 05:03 PM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13362
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Player nominated: Elanir
Game: Dawn of Worlds
DM: Mars Comulus

Reason for Nomination: In a game where we are quite literally the gods fashioning the world as we see fit, this guy simply gets it. Fantastic reference to the 7 players, forming a poem that would not be amiss carved in stone in some ancient civilization's temple of worship, Elanir sprinkled just enough mythic imagery to bring this post to life. His description of his creation of floating islands is something I do hope to emulate in my own writing for this game, a wonderful convergence of multiple players posts and creations.

Link to post: Here