Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Solo Games
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 17th, 2020, 12:18 AM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37463
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Crownstone of Gaia: Wyrd Baldric.

Through the Tahomic Ashlands and beyond. Baldric journeyed to seek and destroy an elder brain of mind flayers. Would the creatures succeed in their cataclysmic plot? What could be done to stop their plans? Will Baldric uncover dark secrets that lay sunken in a flooded jungle?

Baldric will travel through the ashlands, and eventually find his way to Shalashmakkar; where he knows that the nefarious plots of the elder brain are focused.
Old Apr 18th, 2020, 11:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 748
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
left-aligned image
Baldric Sullivan, Fighter/Diviner
HP: 21/21 | AC 17 | PP: 14 | Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack: +5 | Status: Normal
HD: 1d10, 2d6 | Spell Slots: Level 1 (3/3) | +1 ACDefensive Fighting Style | 1d10+Fighter Lvl. Bonus action on your turn. SR/LR.Second Wind | SR. Recover spell slots, combined lvl <= 1/2 Wiz lvl (round up)(not 6+)Arcane Recovery | Move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.Nimbleness | Time & gold spent to copy divination spells is halvedDivination Savant | After LR, roll 2d20. Replace any attack roll/save/check by you/creature in sight.Portent (8, 19)
Background: Divination specialty allows Baldric to find omens in things related to fire. Grants Augury as ritual.Pyromancy | Background Feature: When signs of specialty are in the environment, you can read them without actively trying (effectively augury), aware if current activity brings future woe.Passive Foresight | Feats: When making attack/check/save, spend 1 luck point to roll an additional 1d20, then pick which to use. When attacked, spend a point to roll 1d20 & pick that or enemy's attack roll. Points regained on LRLucky (3/3 Luck Points).

Baldric Sullivan, chosen avatar of Wyrd Orlog, rode astride a donkey as he makes his way down the trail. His Lady has flooded his mind with images of mind flayers, prepping him for the sorts of horrors he could expect from these monsters. The recent memories of the monastery blinked in and out, sometimes overrun by other pieces of information as he rides. Whenever he stopped to eat or sleep, he read from the book of prophecy he'd rescued from the burning library, The Tome of Past Shadows, and every night he lit fires to bring focus to his Lady's will.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by FatherDondo; Apr 18th, 2020 at 11:21 PM.
Old Apr 21st, 2020, 03:46 AM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 556
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
Ashland Road
Baldric Sullivan, avatar of Wyrd Orlog made good distance for some days, traveling by mule and cart through the Tahomic Ashland Vale. The wagon track that led onward from the monastery, and into the lush Ashland valley below was bumpy and sometimes muddy. Although, the scenic beauty of the temperate high mountain valley was so striking, that it would be difficult for most creatures to furrow their brows upon this road.
Eagles and hawks circled the vineyard meadows that covered much of the lands. Fleet footed hares and slithering snakes made way amongst the tangled rows of vines.
Baldrics journey to the south was unhindered, save for a few harsh potholes and the occasional odd look from a scarecrow.
However,
One night, the moon was nearly all shrouded and barely a crescent showed in the sky. Baldric was camped under the boughs of a great evergreen tree. His feet were warming by the glowing red coals when something caught his attention.

From nearby, a soft voice floated in upon the nights breeze. " Where are you bound good champion?"

The voice was gentle, and belonged to a figure who had just approached the camp. Standing just outside of the firelight, a tall figured form melded with the shadows.

Last edited by Aoem; Apr 21st, 2020 at 04:47 PM.
Old Apr 23rd, 2020, 07:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
left-aligned image
Baldric Sullivan, Fighter(2)/Diviner(2)
HP: 30/30 | AC 17 | PP: 14 | Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack: +5 | Status: Normal
HD: 1d10, 2d6 | Spell Slots: Level 1 (3/3) | +1 ACDefensive Fighting Style | 1d10+Fighter Lvl. Bonus action on your turn. SR/LR.Second Wind (1/1) | 1 extra action. SR/LRAction Surge (1/1) | SR. Recover spell slots, combined lvl <= 1/2 Wiz lvl (round up)(not 6+)Arcane Recovery | Move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.Nimbleness | Time & gold spent to copy divination spells is halvedDivination Savant | After LR, roll 2d20. Replace any attack roll/save/check by you/creature in sight.Portent (8, 19)
Background: Divination specialty allows Baldric to find omens in things related to fire. Grants Augury as ritual.Pyromancy | Background Feature: When signs of specialty are in the environment, you can read them without actively trying (effectively augury), aware if current activity brings future woe.Passive Foresight | Feats: When making attack/check/save, spend 1 luck point to roll an additional 1d20, then pick which to use. When attacked, spend a point to roll 1d20 & pick that or enemy's attack roll. Points regained on LRLucky (3/3 Luck Points).

Baldric blinks for a moment, having just been lost in thought. "I'm sorry, friend. I didn't notice you there." He sits up a little straighter, and rests his chin and hands on the handle of his warhammer. "I didn't realize that I look like a champion, but never mind. What are you doing so far from the flame? Come here, have a seat. Let me see who I'm talking to."

Old Apr 24th, 2020, 08:42 PM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
BY THE FIRELIGHT
left-aligned image
A pale faced woman, with icy white hair that framed high cheekbones strode into the firelight. Most of her dark garments were fashioned of glossy black leather that was trimmed with gold stitching.

Raising her pointed chin in a regal way, she dropped all tension from her shoulders and stepped nearer to the fire. She carried herself with a relaxed poise that also seemed quite alert.

She turned to face Baldric in the firelight and began to say..

" You have the look of a man who has faced death many times over. In my eyes, a champion is one who still breathes, while others who faced similar challenges lay rotting in the earth."

To emphasize her point, the woman ground the heel of her boot into the dark dirt. She crouched low to that spot and scooped up some of the rich soil.

" It’s quite curious how much blood is spilled over ones claim to this.."

The stranger let her hand relax and small streams of char black dirt fell between the gaps of her fingers.

After a couple moments of silent breath and reflection, she blinked and looked upon Baldrics face.

" So, what brings you here?"

Last edited by Aoem; Apr 24th, 2020 at 09:36 PM.
Old Apr 25th, 2020, 01:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
HP: 30/30 | AC 17 | PP: 14 | Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack: +5 | Status: Normal
HD: 1d10, 2d6 | Spell Slots: Level 1 (3/3) | +1 ACDefensive Fighting Style | 1d10+Fighter Lvl. Bonus action on your turn. SR/LR.Second Wind (1/1) | 1 extra action. SR/LRAction Surge (1/1) | SR. Recover spell slots, combined lvl <= 1/2 Wiz lvl (round up)(not 6+)Arcane Recovery | Move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.Nimbleness | Time & gold spent to copy divination spells is halvedDivination Savant | After LR, roll 2d20. Replace any attack roll/save/check by you/creature in sight.Portent (8, 19)

"It wouldn't be wrong to say that I'm hunting. I am Baldric. Who might you be?" He stalled for time as he wracked his brain for any knowledge or clues as to this woman's intentions. "My Lady, is this woman a common bystander? Is she a potential ally, or does she mean to stand against me in my quest?"

Last edited by FatherDondo; Apr 25th, 2020 at 03:08 AM.
Old Apr 25th, 2020, 02:58 AM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
By the firelight
left-aligned image

A smile sparked upward upon the woman’s thin lips, the corners of her mouth curled with amusement at Baldrics response.. " Hunting are you? Well, this vale is teeming with prize bucks." She paused for a few moments while her eyes studied Baldrics person and equipment, before continuing to say.. " Fleet of foot you must be to take game with that war hammer. I shan’t think that most creatures would wait around to be struck!" She musingly scoffs.
The woman’s remark was jovial. Her attitude well with polite humor, and implying that Baldric was hunting something other than typical game animals.

" My name is Aweyn, thank you for welcoming me to the fire Baldric."

Wyrd Orlogs voice rang clearly In Baldrics consciousness;
I know her garb, it is that of a dangerous family. Although, I know that her heart is kind. She could be a promising ally, or potentially a grave enemy.

Last edited by Aoem; Apr 25th, 2020 at 03:24 AM.
Old May 1st, 2020, 01:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image

Trusting in Wyrd Orlog, he dispensed with subterfuge. "I'll admit, it's not traditional hunting gear. My prey is a bit more dangerous than your average bear. Are you aware of mind flayers?"

OOCSorry, I looked at it, came back later and didn't see it highlighted, and thought I'd answered it already.

Old May 3rd, 2020, 03:39 PM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
By the FireLight
left-aligned image

Soft crackling murmurs of warmth licked upward to ignite a dry offering of wood.

As she stoked the fire, the woman appraised Baldrics question.

Her focus changed from Baldrics hunting gear, to meeting the gaze of his Wyrd eye.

Well he appears seasoned, and that Strange Eye of his is certainly powerful.

She blinked, crouched nearer to the pit, and exhaled a bit of oxygen into the fire.

Flames warmly accepted her gift of breath and began to swell in approval. The

woman's amber yellow eyes reflected brightly in the light.

Her gold trimmed garb sparkled with a shiny metallic luster near the glowing

flames. She kneeled by the fire and produced a small white handled knife.

She carefully drew the point under her manicured nails and began to scrape away some old dirt.

He's got a serious grit about him, That much is forsure.

She looked up at Baldric after a lengthy pause, and spoke in a soft voice.

" Mind flayers." She repeated back to Baldric.

" Sure, I've heard that name before, though i think they prefer to be called Illithids."

Last edited by Aoem; May 3rd, 2020 at 10:57 PM.
Old May 5th, 2020, 04:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"Whatever they prefer to be called, the illithids have ill intent. They attacked a monastery I was staying at, without provocation. They're responsible for the destruction of a library," he barely tripped over that one; he would not have committed the blasphemy of book burning if not for their interference, "and they summoned an ogre to cause havoc among the civilians. They fully deserve whatever I bring them, and they must be prevented from further chaos."

Old May 7th, 2020, 01:50 AM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
Aweyn
left-aligned image

Aweyn smiled, and nodded her head in affirmation of Baldrics claims.

" That is a powerful objective, one mind flayer dead is no easy task."

"I see that the champion sprit within you is seeking retribution!

I am truly inspired to see that you lived through such an ordeal."

" I would love to help you, for i am no lover of flayed minds."

Aweyn held her hands out to warm over the nice flames.

" As it were Baldric, i'm looking to employ the services of someone whom i can trust.

I offer to provide you with special knowledge about the mind flayers you seek."

" I have access to arcane libraries, whose tomes contain knowledge that would empower your hunt."

" I know also a traveling seer, a powerful matron of the old ways. She could help you find these Illithid."

The woman breathed quietly in contemplation for a few moments, awaiting Baldrics response.

Last edited by Aoem; May 7th, 2020 at 01:52 AM.
Old May 8th, 2020, 10:35 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image

"Very well, let it be so. A little rest, and we can go forth with the sun."

OOCSorry, I looked at it, came back later and didn't see it highlighted, and thought I'd answered it already.

Old May 12th, 2020, 06:34 PM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
Aweyn
left-aligned image

" Very well Baldric, after this night, we shall head into the glorious dawn!"

Aweyn carefully unrolled a bed roll and began to spread her resting space for the night.

At one point in the later hours, after a long breath of silence.

Aweyn spoke up before she slipped into her dream state.

" Baldric, we shall have amazing adventures in the coming days. Goodnight, and dream well."

left-aligned image

Bright sunlight rays filtered into the camp, the embers of the nights fire still smoldered warmly.

An ornate tea pot was steaming next to the coals, and three wooden cups were arranged neatly nearby.

A tranquil mist began to refract brilliant rays of light, casting rainbows and causing dewdrops to sparkle in the dawn light.

Birdsong, and the sounds of a burbling brook sung to the land as the first glimpses of the sun pierced the veil of mist.

Nearby, Aweyn had climbed upward and was perched upon a small outcropping of stone. She was in the middle of some rhythmic routine of stretching. Her hands were stretched upward, and her spine was elongated and tall. It looked as though she was embracing the sun.

This morning, Aweyn had her hood back, revealing her brilliant hair. Her pure white locks seemed to ripple with a subtle golden color, that glowed brightly in the morning sunlight.

The morning mists eventually burned away completely, and from the camp, the great expanse known as the Tahomic Valley could be glimpsed.

Great peaks flanked a vale of fertile lands that stretched far off into the horizon. A lazy river meandered through the lowlands, and far off to the east, a great many waterfalls poured from the steep cliffs. Water cascaded downward in a billowing display of sparkling colors.

The ashlands looked rural and rugged, although far ahead, in the lowland valley. There could be seen a greet many tilled fields and farmed earth.

Old May 15th, 2020, 11:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image

Baldric went to the river to wash, having left a scrawled message and arrow pointing to the river to indicate where he'd gone. Once he was clean to satisfaction, he made the fire and sat in meditation and reflection. Within the flames, he saw images and reflections of the infinite knowledge that flowed through his skull, the knowledge his mortal, human mind could just barely take hold of. He hunted for omens, clues that would help him to find the illithids. When Aweyn returned to camp, he did as he often did; focus on an odd detail. "Good morning. This is a very interesting tea pot to bring. Is there a story here?"

Old May 25th, 2020, 05:43 AM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
Aweyn
left-aligned image

right-aligned image

" Good Morne Baldric! I’ll be down soon." Aweyn called down to the camp after Baldric had returned from the river. She vaulted down from the rocky premonitory upon which she was perched, and strode over to the freshly stoked fire.

"I’ll fetch some water for the kettle and while we wait for the water to simmer, I’ll tell you a story about the tea pot."

Aweyn found her way to the river, and before too long had returned to the camp with a full kettle, which she placed upon the simmering coals.

She knelt and clasped her hands in her lap. Is there a story there? She heard Baldric’s voice over again in her mind.

" Yes Baldric, there are many stories in which this tea pot has been involved. I’ll start by telling you of the painting upon the kettle. "
"My mother’s village was built in the Shadow of a great volcano, this tea pot is a relic from that place." Aweyn raised a painted black nail and pointed to the ornate paint work upon the ceramic surface of the pot." If you look, you can see the great Mount Tahoma rising into the clouds. An old mother with a molten womb."

Aweyns voice trailed off as she turned her head and averted her eyes. She pursed her lips and breathed slowly as she reflected.
"I come bearing golden seal and white jasmine flower tea, would you care for some this morning Baldric? "
The aroma was delectable, fragrant and evoking. Aweyn treated the pot with a delicate ease, showing a class of educate rarely seen.

She reached into a black felted bag, and produced several small parcels wrapped in fabric. Aweyn unwound the fragrant cloth and began to arrange her ingredients accordingly.

" These flowers will make the finest of tea, I’m blessed to still carry such wondrous herbs."

Last edited by Aoem; May 25th, 2020 at 05:45 AM.