twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 08:24 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65140
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
May POTM

It's May, and that's supposed to be flowers!

I live in Florida, so there's plenty of flowers and things blooming in my yard. I've already picked two summer squash, my first bell peppers, and some green beans from the garden.

Here on our lovely little site, we've planted a lot of fertile seeds too... and with some imagination, many of them have grown into beautiful stories. Now is the time to harvest some early season picks, and enjoy the fruits of your player's labors.

If someone (yourself included) grew a wonderful bit of prose or poetry this month, Nominate it! Show it off to others, and let everyone appreciate the skills and beauty for a moment.

You never know, it may turn out to be earn the honors for the best post of the month! So, get busy, and nominate!
Old 05-06-2020, 06:35 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20817
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Player Nominated: LeoByron
Game: Kraggenrest Castle
System: D&D 3.5 (Represent!)
DM: Admin Dirk

Reason: I thought Dirk should have to read my post again because I am proud of it and I need to coax him to give me some RPXP for it... :P

In all seriousness, I liked this post and thought it might be worthy. Our group of mismatched heroes has just been duped by an entire group of innocent-looking villagers who lured us to them with promises of bounty should we see to their little Troll problem... except there were no Trolls, but the feast they provided was laced with Poison. My character, Raven, struggles through the experience and awakens to find himself before a looming castle with all ways of egress blocked by a veritable forest of Tangle trees... Time for the adventure to begin!

Link

Last edited by LeoByron; 05-27-2020 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:54 PM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11072
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Player Nominated: kanly
Game: Blackbrooke: Machinations of Power
System: Urban Shadows (a PbtA game)
MC: Roekahs

Reason for nomination: This game is a dark, political game where the mechanics are only meant to support the fiction. This post embodies the game, the system, everything. kanly made a roll and got some information, but then he ran with the details and painted a beautiful scene, wove the mechanics into the narrative, twisted one success into a series of successes and encapsulated it all in one post.

Link

Last edited by Roekahs; 05-12-2020 at 08:09 PM. Reason: changing my nomination
Old 05-16-2020, 09:37 PM
An Actual Goat

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14358
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
It's May, and it's rainy and cloudy. I live in Kansas City... and there's mud. And now, onto my nomination..

Player Nominated: Also Scimmy and Kingmonkey, because it's a group effort and it's freeform. Can I do that?Elfman6
Game: Principia Discordia
System: No dice were involved in the making of this game postFreeform
DM: Aethera

Reason for nomination: Have you ever wondered what divine entities do when the players aren't around? Consider that they've been alive forever. They have the power to do and be whatever they want, whenever they want. Mortals are constrained by time and biology, and this keeps them focused - and mostly sane. But deities? There's nothing to help keep them grounded. So the next time you're wondering what gods talk about when the heroes aren't around, don't: read this transcript of insane babbling instead. And maybe, just maybe, you'll find it as inspiring as I didOr you won't find it inspiring and think Atalla is off his [UGG noise] rocker again. Which is probably also true. But seriously, this is one of the craziest things that I've ever read, and Elf deserves a bit more kudos for pulling it and adding all that garish color to Scimmy's name..

LINK

Last edited by Atalla Wanderer; 05-16-2020 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:23 PM
Read It With A Smile!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28351
Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath
Player Nominated: HenryLockwood
Game: Wrath of the Righteous
System: Pathfinder
Game Master: HenryLockwood

Reason for Nomination: While I am aware that this game is based on a published module, I feel that Henry consistently finds unique ways to inject his own personal flare and flavor into the game to great effect and with wonderful results.

In a previous scene, some months ago, the group had done a scouting mission to gain information about the city that had been overrun by demons. Though my character Ambrosia, being one of the scouts, insisted on the two scout teams being comprised of a player character and an npc, a convincing argument was made to the contrary and the two NPCs went off on their own. Naturally, one was taken in the night whilst scouting the graveyard. We scoured the place, my character especially spent hours taking 20 searching for tracks or clues and was harshly berated by a colleague for failing them.

Months later we enter the cathedral and are fighting demons and cultists when we happen upon Nurah, the NPC who was taken! This is an exemplary post going off script to personalize a welcoming for sorely missed allies after being trapped in a demon infested city for a few days. Additionally, being a halfling bard played by a player well versed in portraying bardic curiosity, Nurah has been very deliberate about taking time to greet my new character Bakku in what turned out to be an amusing exchange of linguistical banter.

Now we are learning all about new plot revelations and information that she’s gleaned while trapped in the demon occupied cathedral. I’ve enjoyed gaming with this group and Henry is a stellar DM. This is one of many examples of the wonderful gems that come out of this group of players.

Original: Game Post

Old 05-24-2020, 06:44 PM
Keeper of Three Gremlins

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3625
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Player Nominated: HotsuSama
Game: Omega Blue
System: Stars Without Number
Game Master: HotsuSama

Reason for Nomination: I'm honestly uncomfortable with nominating myself. But I've decided I'm taking things too seriously and just need to get that out of my system at least this one time, to get over myself a little.

This is probably the most involved post I've made since joining the site. It serves as a minor summary of the ship crew, provides some backstory to one of the crew members who turned out to be a planted agent, and toys with the notion of a robot with an identity crisis. It was also a chance to play with text formatting a little more than I usually do, using colour and indenting to create some little patches of faux-code and PC commands. It's nowhere near the level of actual coding, but it does the job for visual and narrative purposes.

Also, consider this as a soft advertisement for people to read along with Omega Blue. The crew is finding its stride and things are just about to heat up!

Original: Here

Old 05-26-2020, 05:53 PM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32648
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Person nominated: PIG
Game: Legacy of Fire
Game Master: PIG

Context: Okay, there is a *lot* going on in this combat post.

History: The PCs have recently infiltrated the fortress of the Carrion tribe of gnolls and killed their leader, the Carrion King, who was the biggest threat to civilization in the Brazen Peaks area. Now on their way home, they have run into a gnoll ambush led by Rokova, who was second-in-command to the Carrion King.

Setting: Mountainous desert, on both sides of a sheer, narrow canyon, which the PCs must cross.

Present: Two PCs (Drusilla, formerly from Cheliax, and Grak’Ark, a one-eyed gnoll) and some NPC elves (rescued from the Carrion King) are utilizing the control room of an abandoned dwarven quarry. Grak’Ark has just sniffed out an invisible assassin. The other two PCs (Fandrik, halfling swashbuckler extraordinaire, and Hector Grimm, servant of Eiseth) have split off, taking the only exit north to scout and kill gnolls. Both are invisible. They encounter the witch Rraelliarh, who has a history with Drusilla.

Last edited by ekidnu; 05-26-2020 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:59 PM
Destroyer of Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1602
Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar Telcontar
Player nominated: Chylopan
Game: After the Quake
System: DnD 5e
Game Master: Therru

Reason for nomination: In DnD, as in most RPGs, the player characters are typically heroes (or occasionally anti-heroes, or even villains). But it's rare for someone to choose to play a character that has lost almost everything and is at their lowest possible ebb. Chylopan's Meiji is such a character, a true down and out, miserable and obsessed with his misery. Not only is it an interesting choice, but Chylopan roleplays it superbly.

Link to post.

Last edited by Telcontar; 05-26-2020 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 889
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
Player nominated: BananaBadger
Game: Barovia Wants You!
System: DnD 5e
Game Master: Exfilia

Reason for nomination: BananaBadger's beautiful prose, and the wonderful characterization of this young lizardperson in search of her identity, is a great example of DnD roleplaying, worthy of recognition.

Last edited by Exfilia; 05-27-2020 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:58 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36898
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Player nominated- Tyeal
Game- Lands of Intrigue
System- DnD 3.5e
DM- Tpasq98

Reason Nominated- The game is new. So new the first IC posting thread was opened today. The DM has placed our characters months into an expedition that has now ended. We're now hundreds of miles away from where we started, jobless, and half our company is dead.

I tell you all that to say that Tyeal has managed to provide an absolute treasure trove of character description, backstory, and current concerns in an opening post. And included quite the response to my character's query within but a few real time minutes of my posting.

Link- Here.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:39 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 651
Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix
Player Nominated: Elanir
Game: East of the Misty Mountains
System: D&D 5E (Adventures in Middle Earth)
DM: Silent Rain

Reason for Nomination: Elanir's got a character that really belongs in the Middle Earth setting, and I am never left unimpressed with the level of detail and effort put into every post. Sadly, I can only nominate one.

Link
Closed Thread