Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > MoonZar > Minkai's Overlord
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 22nd, 2020, 07:10 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30578
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Chapter 2 - The Legacy's Lure

Old May 22nd, 2020, 07:29 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
23 Sarenith, 4713 - Evening
Sandpoint
The Lost Coast, Varisia

Sandpoint
right-aligned image
Ameiko, owner of the Rusty Dragon
The trek home was long, slow and hot. The sun beat unusually warm today for this the first month of summer (june)time of year, and the humidity from the swamp made it almost unbearable. Our heroes perspired until their clothing clung to them in the most uncomfortable ways, and yet they persevered. With Charles' horse carrying most of the looted treasure, it was left to the adventurers to take turns having two people carry one of the large fancy Tien styled chest.

The sun had nearly set by the time our weary travellers finally returned home. The town didn't change, resembling a peaceful, dreary port town with little excitement, exactly the way most the locals like it. As our heroes stumbled into the Rusty Dragon, Ameiko instantly beamed with a bright smile. - " Friends! You made it, we were starting to get worried. KOHARU! I was about to hire a new cook you know, what happened to you? " She rushed to the adventurers but instantly froze. Her nose curled as she smelt something awful, and she was not the only one. Most of the crowd began covering their noses with their hands, shirts, or even their dirty snot rags, whatever they could to block that smell. - " You all smell like you got a serious case of goblin's ass. To the baths with the lot of you! And rinse off before you get in or you will be the one cleaning up. " Ameiko turned to one of her employees, - " Jacob, see to Charles' horse. Take to the stable, remove all the gear and cargo, then feed, water, and clean it. "

- " Right away boss. " Jacob nodded and rushed past the group, holding his breath till he had to get outside far away from the filthy adventurers. The excited woman peak over their shoulder and see their loot. - " Oh wow, that's two nice chests you found there, it looks Tien. You can secure it upstairs, nobody will take it. "

As Charles, Ghovinda, Graegor and Taurin began to march to the men's bath, and Canan, Inno and Koharu made their way to the women's, Ameiko called after them, - " I'll let Aurora, Shalelu, Sandru and Koya know you're all back safe and sound! There will be a hot meal, and cold drinks waiting when you get out. I can't wait to hear that story, we should celebrate! "

Last edited by MoonZar; May 22nd, 2020 at 08:03 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 09:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3101
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Oem ItOem sat in the back sipping on a half empty mug, his gear by his side. Shalelu had mentioned something about gathering a party to search for some adventures, and to meet here. The lad looked over to the troupe as they wondered in, ragged and with chests. Guess the missions off he thought as he took a deep swig of his mug. His eyes widened seeing Koharu with them, he never figured the girl for the type. If there was going to be a person to surprise him though she would be it.

Best to be useful Oem thought to himself not wanting to face Shalelu’s disappointment seeing him lazing about, a lesson he had learned the hard way. He finished his beer and got up and headed over to the party.

"Anything I can help with?" he said his face quizzically looking first at Ameiko and then Koharu, lastly the others seeing if any were in need of assistance. Except for Koharu, he barely knew the adventurers. Though he had learned the Rusty Dragon was the type of place you could trust strangers.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 10:55 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
SandpointKoharu makes a brief smile to Oem, they are coworkers working together at the Rusty Dragon. She disappears in silence upstairs, looking pretty much toasted. They left for two days, but judging by their rags, and covered in mud and blood, it seems they went through a war for a month. Ameiko put her hand on Oem's shoulder. - " Why don't you help me in the kitchen, let's have a feast tonight! Not sure what happened, but they could use that good pork's leg stew. Open that barrel of cherry ale in the basement that I was keeping for an occasion. " The place is busy and people cheer at the announcement of a feast and a special batch of alcohol on the menu.

Old May 23rd, 2020, 08:33 AM
Barbarus sum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17811
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Once the three sisters were in the bath-chamber, Canan watched the others. She didn't have much to say: it had been two rough days, but the real revelations had been for the other two. They would talk about it when they wanted. For now, she was content to sit, and soak, and rest.
Dad mode: leveling up! Still busy with baby but learning all new things I can do with only one hand, such as making coffee, making more coffee, drinking coffee, injecting caffeine directly into my eyeballs... Not sleeping much. Gradually getting back to posting.
Maps for Wrath
Old May 23rd, 2020, 08:10 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Sandpoint - Bath
right-aligned image
Rusty Dragon's bath has a Tien feels to it, courtesy of Ameiko who got it constructed by the Tien community of the town with hinoki wood imported from far away. A gnome engineer took care of the water pumping system that is connected to the town river. Using an intermediate container the water is heated by a wood-burning stove. Surrounded by a floor of stones, the bath is a nice imitation of a hot spring and popular among the denizens of the town who occasionally pay good money for an hour of relaxation. Today the whole experience is free for our young heroes that prevailed.

On the women's side, it's peaceful, the only sound is the ladies scrubbing intensively her body for any trace of mud. Koharu's porcelain skin who used to be perfect, is covered with several insect bites. Besides that, the only scar of battle remaining is on her neck, made by an arrow that almost costed her life. Canan still sees those strange will-o-wisp dancing near the ceiling, somehow the spirits have an interest in the group.

On the guys' side, the four males are a bit more chatty, celebrating their victory and making themselves presentable since they only remembered two words from Ameiko: Feast and Ale.

Last edited by MoonZar; May 23rd, 2020 at 08:38 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 09:32 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2174
Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga
right-aligned image

Taurin sighed as he sank into the water, it easily reached up to his chin as he did so. He thought about stew, stew and cherry ale. Unfortunately other thoughts kept poking at his mind, The undead had been there for a long time, surely somebody in town knew about them. Why hadn’t anyone done anything about it? He needed to ask Mrs. Risa, he sank a bit lower as his thoughts turned to Lanalee, he probably shouldn’t be too specific with the details.

The halfling shook his head and sprang up from the water, Tonight? Tonight was for celebration! He could deal with the difficult stuff later. He turned to Graegor, looking for a bit of small talk, “Risa’s mentioned the Fallow name, but I heard you were away for a long time, what were you doing before you came back?” He was also curious about Ghovinda, but he sensed hostility there, best to leave well alone. “And is that sword what lets you cast magic?”

Old May 23rd, 2020, 09:52 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 71574
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Inno forgoes the public bath with her friends, and instead, retires to her small room. "Too tired," she said to those who asked, "I'll clean later." When no one is around, she finished the thought internally. Too many scars, everyone will be scared if they saw me like this.

It's easy for her, once in her room, to summon a bit of water in the small pan on her nightstand, and clean herself as she removes her clothing carefully. She winces where the blood has dried to her skin, even as she peels the soiled cloth away. It doesn't hurt, just pulls a bit on the hair below, where it had stuck.

The flesh below is healthy pink, with traces of white scars, where she had absorbed the various blows and cuts meant for the others. Her skin is a mottled patch of faded yellow-green bruises, criss-crossed with a hundred small scars. All the angry black and purple had been removed by her healing magic, but the last little bits always seemed to simply need time.

Inno's fingers traced the two most recent, and she smiled. Quite a collection you are building.
Old May 24th, 2020, 10:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38106
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
right-aligned image
Charles eagerly took Koharu up on her offer to leave the cave. They had won and conquered the evil, but it still felt wrong, and he wanted to check on Willow. The horse was excited to see the boy, but neither wanted to be the first to show it.

The pair spent the trip back in relative silence. No one was in a talkative mood, and Willow's steady trot was just the zen state he needed to start to process the last two days' events. By the Gods, has it really not even been two days since this insanity began? He should be excited. They would be heroes! They would be rich! The cavalier went to spark cheer in the group as a stream of blood leaked from the sack holding the chieftain's head. He didn't need Inno to tell him that there had been nothing heroic about that encounter.

Still, time, rest, and relief from the swamp air were all he needed to regain a semblance of his former self, and before he knew it, there were back where they started, and they were off to the baths.

Charles stood naked as the day he was born looking over his newly acquired scars. "Would you get a load of this one? I think that was the goblin chief's spear? Yeah, that will play well with the ladies. I'll need a better story for this one, though." He said as he gestured to the raised flesh that the poisoned arrow trap had left. "What about you, little brother? Who will you be showing that belly scar of your to first?" The boy paused, realizing he was still standing there yelling, while naked. He chuckled and slid into the hot water.

"Ah, this is nice. It's almost enough to make me forget how long it's going to take to get all those dents out of my armor. So, while the ladies gossip next door, I have to know, what will each of you be spending your cut of the reward on? I was looking to buy a new set of armor, but that evil skeleton took care of that for me. Dont tell Inno, but I snuck off with the ruined pieces. First thing in the morning, I head to the church and then to the blacksmith. Gotta make sure it's not cursed or something."

He paused and looked at Graegor. "You can come too and get that sword checked out if you like. Dont lie, I saw you eyeballing it! Ghovinda, little brother, did any of the rest catch your eye?"

OOC

Let your voice be heard!
Old May 24th, 2020, 10:34 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image

Taurin rubbed the back of his head as he inspected the jagged scar across his stomach, "I dunno Charles, if anything the story behind this one is a bit embarrassing..." He gave the human an sideways look, "Anyways, Gossip? You've known them longer than I have Charles, but I have trouble seeing the girls sitting around for gossip, Koharu maybe, but Inno is probably already off doing something." He sighed and sank back into the water. "Canan might chat a bit, but she always struck me as too quiet for that sort of thing." He thought of what Old Ha would say to him now, probably scold him for spending so long lazing about in a bath.

"Eh, the ring and some potions might be nice, but armor and weapons aren't really what I do." He closed his eyes and started sinking even lower into the water, "That fan might be a good gift for La-" His words cut off as his mouth sank underwater, causing a series of bubbles to disturb the surface.

Old May 25th, 2020, 09:29 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10610
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Graegor Fallow
right-aligned image

Graegor was barely coherent as he stumbled into the Rusty Dragon, finding himself able to release the tension associated with always being on guard. Ameiko's smile greeted them, which was not an unwelcome sight. Graegor could not help but smile as she lambasted them for how they smelled. He couldn't blame her, somehow he could feel how badly he smelled.

Too tired to concern himself with modesty, he stripped and rinsed himself before stepping into the hot bath. With his arms over the sides, he closed his eyes and allowed himself to completely relax, the stress and trauma of their journey falling away.

After a few minutes, Taurin's voice broke through the silence, mentioning his family's name. Graegor dunked his head and rose once more, wiping the water from his face. "Yeah, my family is originally from Sandpoint. My dad was very close with Koya's mother. We had a falling out when I was younger and I left for Magnimar. I did mercenary work mostly, telling myself I was happy and had no reason to come how. Years later, after receiving word of my father's death, only then did I realize how foolish I had been...and what I had lost. Graegor shook his head. Seem's it's one of life's great ironies...you only realize how much something is worth until after it's gone."

Realizing how he was killing the mood, he smiled wryly, "sorry, didn't mean to dump that on you. No," he continued, "magic has been in my family for a long time, but its hard work and practice, like anything else, that let's me cast it. The sword is something of a family legacy. A burden, a responsibility, I'm not sure what best to call it. For now, I just call it my father's and try to honor his memory in the way in which it is wielded."

"But tell, what of you Taurin. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have never seen a halfling fight the way you do."

Charles began inspecting the new scars he had collected over the last couple of days, including a large pink one gifted by the goblin chief. "I assume Inno will be sporting the same one," Graegor commented I can't begrudge her help, but I can't say I entirely agree with the manner in which she gives it. She takes on too much.

After commenting about the armor, Graegor nodded. "Even given it current condition, it is impressive looking. I have never seen anything like it. Still, I think it would be best if you at least mention having it repaired to Koharu. She is tied up personally to those ships and I am not sure how she would feel seeing that armor walking around again. Just saying."

"It did look incredibly well made," Graegor responded regarding the weapon, "and nearly identical to my own, save for its length. I would not think of using it, though. My sword is the last one I shall ever wield."

Old May 25th, 2020, 10:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9293
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Ghovinda
left-aligned image

Ghovinda awkwardly entered the men's bath. He was reluctant to do so, preferring to do his bathing alone in the woods near Sandpoint, but he was determined to meet with Shalelu. And Shalelu was just as much of a stickler for cleanliness as Ameiko was.

He sighed as his companions chatted optimistically about their victory.

"Little brother?!?" Ghovinda snorts, glaring at Charles, "You idolize Shalelu, but are an embarrassment to her tutelage. I am no brother of yours."

At least the halfling was embarrassed about their very near defeat, mumbling and sputtering bubbles beneath the surface of the water. Ghovinda missed the part where Taurin was actually embarrassed about a special lady friend.

OOC

Old May 25th, 2020, 12:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3101
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Oem It
left-aligned image
"Looks like I missed all the fun" Oem though as he watched the tattered party heads towards the baths, giving a shy nod to any he caught eye contact with. They were worn and battered, and carrying what he suspected was a bloody head in a sack. The ordeal seemed to even take its toll on Koharu’s constant cheer. Oem took Amieko’s hint to get out of the way and followed her into the kitchen. Before Oem could even open his mouth to pry into the happenings Amieko had him descending towards the basement looking for ale.

"cherry ale… cherry ale?" Oem voiced impetuously to himself as he made his way around the kasks. He had set out the day hoping for some actions but instead now found himself server. Still a feast was better than nothing to break the recent boredom.

Locating the barrel Oem checked the lid before lifting it. As he slowly crawled back up the stairs he admitted to himself a tinge of jealousy was driving his juvenile thoughts. First real adventure since his parents shipped him off to Standpoint and he had missed it. Shaledu had sent him on countless scouting missions around the city. The majority of them were little more than exchanging tedium in the city for tedium in the forest. Of the few occasions where something did unfold it was nothing but a quick exchange of arrows before he or the goblins scampered back into the woods. He had returned from none of them looking as that party had, like real adventurers.

Back in the kitchen Oem dropped the barrel in the corner and look towards Amiekp.
"Anything else" he asked as she hectically prepared for the feast.
Old May 25th, 2020, 02:13 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image

Taurin rose from his bubbles as Graegor talked, sympathizing with missing his father, I wonder where Old Ha is now?. Taurin leaned back as Graegor asked about him, "I was a street kid in the Tamran slums, not much to tell about it really. Then Old Ha came along and pulled me from it." He sighed as he thought of the years he had spent with the man. "He taught me everything, reading, writing, the forms. We traveled like that for years, sometimes I swore we went in circles, I never really thought about where we were going, and Old Ha didn't seem to have a direction, until he sent me here." He shrugged, "The Flowing Way is what he taught me, but I can't claim to be much more than a novice really."

The halfling whirled to glare at Ghovinda as the man struck out. "Are you serious Ghovinda? Don't we get enough of this from Inno? At least she has a tangible reason to be upset with us, but what do you have? Just grumpy we didn't kill goblins easy enough? If anything I've earned a decent respect for the creatures, and am just glad to be alive. If you don't want to be that friendly with us, fine, just don't come around spitting venom whenever things are close."

He shook his head as he got out and put on a towel, "This pool has gotten me too warm, I'm going to go see about that cherry ale." he strode out of the room, regaining control of his breathing as he sought out someone who could get him a cool drink

Old May 31st, 2020, 01:35 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Sandpoint - Rusty Dragon
right-aligned image
Koharu
After arguing with Ghovinda in the bath and release some frustration, the men dress up with clean clothes and discard their rags. Downstairs, the celebration already began. It didn't take long for the whole town to know that Ameiko is hosting a feast in the honor of the young heroes that defeated the goblins. While the details weren't revealed yet, the bag of smelly goblins ears that the innkeeper disposed of in the hands of Shalelu spoke by itself about the group accomplishment. Worried she made a mistake when they didn't return after a full night, the elvish huntress arrived quickly after hearing that her proteges were back.

Ameiko hands over to Shalelu the gruesome bag full of goblins' ears and one head. - " I think it's for you, they did a carnage out there. " Stoic, Shalelu looks inside the bag and her nose wrinkle at the decaying smell. - " I will dispose of that. No need to keep this around for the sheriff to see, he will believe us. " Looking over the elf shoulder, Oem sees dozens of cut ears. The place is getting noisy with at least over 40 people already inside, without the heroes to speak for themselves all kinds of ridiculous rumours and assumptions are started to spread. - " Did you see them covered in gore? I think I saw a goblin eye stuck in Charles' armour! " The drunkard continues with exaggerations of what he could witness from when the lads covered in blood entered the inn.

Charles, Taurin, Ghovinda and Graegor are downstairs before the women and get a warm welcome from the crowd, with applause and whistling. - " YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! " Another local raise his pint and wave. - " Goblins slayers, well done! " Ameiko squeezes herself between the enthusiastic patrons and comes to meet them. - " Come on, let them breathe. We prepared the best table for all of you. " That's an oak long table with ten seats, it's the largest counter in the inn except for the bar. - " Shalelu was there a moment ago, she will join you for diner with Sandru and Koya, they had a few errands to do. " One of the staff approaches them with a tray covered with mugs filled with cherry ale. - " OEM! I think we'll need another barrel soon, can you make sure it flows all night? I also need you in the kitchen, Koharu is off duty today haha " Before leaving back into the kitchen Ameiko smirk. - "Like everybody, I can't wait to hear that story! Wait for everybody to be there. "

One of the last to walk down the stairs, Koharu looks magnificent with a flower dress, her long straight angel hair loose. People barely notice the insect bites and the dark tint under her eyes, she put a lot of makeup over it. Koharu makes a shy smile when everybody looks at her and cheering her. A lot of excited young men are calling her name hoping for some of the lady attention. - " Koharu, I'm blinded by your beauty... help me... here help me! " She receives a few comments like that, not disrespectful, but annoying. With her head down and an embarrassed smile, Koharu navigates the crowd and finds her seat at the table of honour. She would rather be sleeping now, but the young woman is not the kind of person who would disappoint by disappearing.

Last edited by MoonZar; Jun 2nd, 2020 at 08:23 AM.