Game Thread Life in zhentil - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 07:25 PM
delpinator delpinator is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2022
RPXP: 3206
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Posts: 7,939
Life in zhentil

greengrass festival
The scene is fresh as it's greengrass, chaunteas festival. The tournament brings in squires who test their mettle to go from squires to knighthood for the coming summer.
Maypoles are danced and young love is in the air.
The smell of fresh flowers and petals are thrown about by beautiful maidens. This is such a welcome from the harsh winter survived inside the keep.

The winter was cold and resources low. The siege worked and secured the keep though the farmers in the fields supply phlan or are subsistence farmers who refuse to pay taxes.

You find yourself wandering the keep with raven cloak. "You've heard of the greengrass festival it's important to the farmers and knights in the area. The local keeps and towns send squires who are interested in becoming knights. We might find a marshal or warden among them."

She looks to vesper slyly"A royal tie would help our case as well. I know you love your beauty and want to be a great rogue but stealing a few hearts might secure land. You find a charismatic lord who hates his parents and we could find ourselves a diplomat. I'll leave this up to you to decide what your wanting but getting our cabinet full will help get work done."

 

Last edited by delpinator; Jan 18th, 2021 at 07:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 07:26 PM
Homestarbaby's Avatar
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2022
RPXP: 12797
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Posts: 9,634
Vesper Highbloom
right-aligned image


Vesper shows off a flirtatious smile, meant to convince the spymaster of her capabilities rather than seduce the older woman. "I live to serve. Should I limit myself to just one?"

She considers the marshals and wardens as well. Their home is on the dawn of growth, a prospect that excites Vesper even more than the potential of her assignment. It also stirred a bit of a conflict within her. She wanted to succeed, of course, but she also thrilled at the idea of a challenge.

With that in mind, Vesper began to keep her eyes open for potential "diplomats" that were coming in. If she had time, the idea of recruiting a squire for marshal also appealed to her. In truth, she knew they needed farmlands as well. But farmers would be easier to snare with money, and thus it was her job to secure someone with funds to make that more possible.

 


 

__________________
Imagine reality creatively
--Captain Hook and Pocahontas are working a mutiny to steal my spaceships after I made Alice disappear from Wonderland. It's taxing my focus, so please be patient with me.--
PM me if you need anything!

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Jan 19th, 2021 at 07:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 04:03 AM
delpinator delpinator is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2022
RPXP: 3206
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Posts: 7,939
greengrass you smell the smell of flowers and love is in the air. You are often pulled into the group of beautiful maidens who assume you are with the group. Patrons cheer and throw flowers your way, you see three visible targets for possible diplomats. There is a dwarf in ragged clothes with ropes, torches, bells, candles, maps, and other adventuring gear. He is talking to a sizable party and is telling tales of his adventures. He is giving out tales of wisdom and life beyond the valley.

You continue to travel and see the squires in training one catches your eye who is a taller man with a muscular build he has dirty blond hair and a full beard. He is training in his mail with sweat glistening off his skin. He does smell of the tavern though so it's unsure how full his coin purse is perhaps a glance could give further information if you choose to.

You travel to the taverns themselves and find a young man with skin much darker than your used to in fine silks. He is freely giving out compliments and helping out the tavern keep when disputes arise.

Last edited by delpinator; Jan 20th, 2021 at 04:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 04:01 PM
Homestarbaby's Avatar
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2022
RPXP: 12797
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Posts: 9,634
Vesper Highbloom
right-aligned image


Vesper considers her 3 marks. The dwarf seems like a well traveled option. The dirty blond might be fun to spend time with but does not scream "diplomat" as a first impression. The dark-skinned man...well he seems to be able to deal with people in an unfamiliar territory.

"New in town?" she asks coyly as she pulls up a seat next to the man. "I take it you are here for the festival. Want to buy me a drink and tell me more about yourself?"

 


 

__________________
Imagine reality creatively
--Captain Hook and Pocahontas are working a mutiny to steal my spaceships after I made Alice disappear from Wonderland. It's taxing my focus, so please be patient with me.--
PM me if you need anything!

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Jan 20th, 2021 at 06:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 04:48 PM
delpinator delpinator is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2022
RPXP: 3206
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Posts: 7,939
greengrassHe stands from his chair and pulls out one opposite himself. "Greetings madame might I say the radiant blue is truly magnetic against the fluid color of your hazel eyes and the flowing wheat like grace of your hair. My name is Cedric McKinnon from the lordship of eversult. We are strong though similarly new as to what I assume your keep to be. The festivities are truly a gift to the people and the gods alike."

"Lady", he puts his hand gracefully in the air to the barmaid might I buy a moonsea wine? "A bottle will be fine as i see you have many fine patrons to attend to."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 06:28 PM
Homestarbaby's Avatar
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2022
RPXP: 12797
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Posts: 9,634
Vesper Highbloom
right-aligned image


"Vesper Highbloom," she introduces herself. "My, you certainly are a charmer. I like that."

Vesper lets the man pour her a drink before she continues. "Festivals like this one help us appreciate what spring has to offer. The promise of sewing seeds for a harvest, the promise of new engagements and relationships, and perhaps the new opportunities we see around us. Yes, the keep is relatively new. We find ourselves without representation in foreign affairs."

 


 

__________________
Imagine reality creatively
--Captain Hook and Pocahontas are working a mutiny to steal my spaceships after I made Alice disappear from Wonderland. It's taxing my focus, so please be patient with me.--
PM me if you need anything!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 06:46 PM
delpinator delpinator is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2022
RPXP: 3206
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Posts: 7,939
greengrass "I must say madame words like those will indeed get you places" says cedric with a flirtatious smile as he finishes pouring her drink

" Indeed, before nobility, my ancestors had traveled among the markets until we found a resource that we could gather to sell? Have you found anything yet?" He pours his own drink.

"The festivals are wonderful for the peasants and nobility alike. We discuss and get to flirt in the beauty of the splendor and the peasants can sell and prepare." He raises his drink and says "to good drink and good friends!" before taking a sip.

"Foreign affairs that would indeed be useful have you found anybody? I assume a merchant or traveler would be useful to such investments."

 

Last edited by delpinator; Jan 20th, 2021 at 06:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 07:22 PM
Homestarbaby's Avatar
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2022
RPXP: 12797
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Posts: 9,634
Vesper Highbloom
right-aligned image


Vesper toasts her wineglass with Cedric and takes a sip in unison with him. She is genuinely pleased as she listens to him. The flattery is nice, of course, but the grace of speech is a valuable skill for a diplomat that is not easily taught.

"Oh, I seem to have found a prospect or two. But convincing them might be a bit of a challenge." She leans forward and drops her voice to a more intimate tone. "Negotiating with a potential diplomat is, by its very nature, a challenge. I have to make the best use of my assets."

She poises and bends as she uses suggestive tones. Her goal is to measure how best to persuade him. Should she try to out drink him? Take her flirting up a notch? Or simply sit on his lap and ask him how best to win him over?

 


 

__________________
Imagine reality creatively
--Captain Hook and Pocahontas are working a mutiny to steal my spaceships after I made Alice disappear from Wonderland. It's taxing my focus, so please be patient with me.--
PM me if you need anything!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 07:43 PM
delpinator delpinator is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2022
RPXP: 3206
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Posts: 7,939
greengrass "Oh, how so? Perhaps we could discuss your potentials?" He smiles. "Do you have names by chance, perhaps I know them and can share my perspectives or even just lend a word?"

He rubs his hands together with a sly smile before laughing. "A kind word from a friend can open many doors or so my mom says."
He pauses for just a moment. "Anyway yes, a real wordplay. a joust even? Have you seen the squires? silly kids. The work of a real man is in his gift to others, not some silly competition."

"I must say the local wine is indeed a gift." He raises the glass and inspects it. "Have you looked at the prospect of perhaps investing in such a trade? Surely you must have put some stake into the keep so far for trade right?"


 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Jan 22nd, 2021, 05:42 PM
Homestarbaby's Avatar
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2022
RPXP: 12797
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Posts: 9,634
Vesper Highbloom
left-aligned image


"We can speak of other men and their potential another time, I think." Vesper says with a seductive smile as she reaches out to gently touch his arm. "I find myself becoming increasingly fascinated by the man before me. Your mother sounds wise. Is she as traveled as you are? I don't suppose I would have the opportunity to meet her?"

Vesper senses that there is hesitation about foreign trade. From the way his face reacts, she wonders if he has troubles with some foreign connections. Perhaps he committed a crime somewhere, despite his friendly personality. But this does not dissuade her. No man is without regrets, and he has the skills to move forward. He just needs to be enticed into accepting the position.

While she listens to him in what she hopes will be perceived as an attentive manner, Vesper will pretend to absently finger her decolletage as if it is an absentminded habit. This should draw his attention enough for his hormones to encourage him to answer her with a yes, especially if the wine has done its job.

"I believe you and I could work out something that would be mutually beneficial to the both of us, if you would only consider the good you could do here. Won't you please consider? You would make an excellent diplomat, and our wine trade could clearly use the attention of a man such as yourself."

 


 

__________________
Imagine reality creatively
--Captain Hook and Pocahontas are working a mutiny to steal my spaceships after I made Alice disappear from Wonderland. It's taxing my focus, so please be patient with me.--
PM me if you need anything!

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Jan 22nd, 2021 at 05:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Jan 22nd, 2021, 08:10 PM
delpinator delpinator is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2022
RPXP: 3206
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Posts: 7,939
greengrass
"I truly do appreciate the tenderness of our budding relationship though I must say my heart belongs to another. This is where my hesitation lies. I dare not discuss more of this though."

"The wine prospect does sound interesting. Perhaps a favor for a favor? Should you find a way to ease the tension of a blood feud I will see to it that I will make a wine trade profitable. I will need a home or at the least land and labor for myself and my love. Prove to me you can make this a possibility and I'll give you further information."
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Jan 25th, 2021, 01:55 PM
Homestarbaby's Avatar
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2022
RPXP: 12797
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Posts: 9,634
Vesper Highbloom
right-aligned image


Vesper gives the man an overdramatic sigh, but she keeps her smile on her face. "Can't blame a girl for trying, eh?" She takes another sip of her wine before rising. "So you need a blood feud quieted to get you interested, and then a home and labor to keep you here? I'll be sure word gets to you when we have an arrangement set up."

It was not the sort of success that Vesper would have liked, but she decided that it was better than nothing. Now that she knew how to secure a wine tradesman, she decided to go look into the business of getting a marshal. The dwarf would be a better choice, she thought, but after her charms had failed her Vesper felt a need to prove herself. So she sought out the dirty blonde squire instead, strutting in a way that she hoped would draw his attention and get him to approach her first.

 


 

__________________
Imagine reality creatively
--Captain Hook and Pocahontas are working a mutiny to steal my spaceships after I made Alice disappear from Wonderland. It's taxing my focus, so please be patient with me.--
PM me if you need anything!

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Jan 25th, 2021 at 01:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Jan 25th, 2021, 04:42 PM
delpinator delpinator is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2022
RPXP: 3206
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Posts: 7,939
You look for the squire leaving the table and heading towards the training grounds. You find the squire. He is currently dueling another squire in a training match. The fight continues for a few moments before he marks the win tripping the other squire before pointing his sword at the squire.

He notices you and his head swiftly turns in your direction. "Greetings lady um my name's dain. Oh, right" He helps the other squire up. He then approaches the lady placing his hands on top of the gate trying to find a proper place for them. "What do I owe the honor? Is there something I can help you with?"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Jan 25th, 2021, 05:40 PM
Homestarbaby's Avatar
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2022
RPXP: 12797
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Posts: 9,634
Vesper Highbloom
left-aligned image


Her self-doubts appeased by his attention, Vesper produces her best come-hither smile from her side of the gate. "How kind of you to offer. I was just just making my way through the grounds to admire the squires. Zhentil is my home, you see, and I work closely with the council. We've been thinking of expanding our community, you see, and the current festivities seemed like a good time to consider a squire for a marshal position..."

She lets her voice trail off as her eyes wonder. "Oh my. Did you already win your match against that other squire? He seems quite strong. How did you manage to beat him without even receiving a blow yourself?"

 


 

__________________
Imagine reality creatively
--Captain Hook and Pocahontas are working a mutiny to steal my spaceships after I made Alice disappear from Wonderland. It's taxing my focus, so please be patient with me.--
PM me if you need anything!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Jan 26th, 2021, 02:48 AM
delpinator delpinator is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2022
RPXP: 3206
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Posts: 7,939
greengrass
He smiles though it seems to be from both infatuation and the idea of a job prospect. "It was more of a training match than the real competition that's tonight you should come by and support me."

The other squire says "yeah training you should look under his armor you'll see the bruises I've given him he just got a lucky strike is all wait till strongarm gets ahold of him and he'll be the one laying in the dirt." With the mention of the fight, Dain pulls out some pipeweed and begins to chew it nervously.

" Having a lady in blue watching from the stands will bolster my spirits and bring honor to your land assuming you choose me as one of your squire of course." He just looks at her and beams though now awkwardly doing so with stuff in his mouth.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:56 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2022, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB