Game Thread To the StarHill: Starfinder-Dead Sons Death of Duravor - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Feb 17th, 2021, 01:02 PM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36835
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
To the StarHill: Starfinder-Dead Sons Death of Duravor

Welcome to Dead Suns!
right-aligned image
Welcome to Absalom Station. Your journey has never been easy, but it has led you to the center of the Pact Worlds. Those of you from off-station travel on the Okimoro, a simple shuttle that travels from ship-to-ship orbiting around Absalom Station. The shuttle has delivered you to Dock 94, a commercial public dock that sees a lot of use. As the shuttle arrives, you can see even from afar that this dock is filled with all sorts of civilians from all sorts of systems. A bit of trepidation comes to you as the shuttle pulls into port, the sheer number and diversity of Absalom all captured in this simple hanger bay.

For both folk on the shuttle and living here in Absalom Station, the invitation to join the Starfinder Society is a great honor. The resources they can provide, as well as the support, is beyond anything you have experienced. The opportunity is too great to ignore out of hand. You superiors, of whatever ilk, know that this invitation holds great promise, and grant you leave or release to pursue this great service.

When you gather at the appointed meeting near the center of Dock 94 you take in the scene around you. The brightly lit docks of Absalom Station are abuzz with activity as travelers bustle by, preparing to board or disembarking from starships bound to or from any of dozens of worlds. Brash and swaggering starpilots, scurrying ysoki, mechanics, and expectant colonists mingle with enigmatic kasatha mystics, hard-faced asteroid miners, imposing vesk mercenaries, and more, creating a microcosm of the abundance and variety of life in the Pact Worlds. New arrivals meet friends, loved ones, or business contacts, and are whisked away into the humming activity of daily life on the vast space station.

Beyond them, ground crews tend to the docked ships, and dockworkers in mechanized cargo lifters load and unload freight and baggage. A sharp tang of ozone hangs in the air—a byproduct of electrical discharges from the docked ships—but underneath, the station’s atmosphere has a slightly used aroma. The docking bay’s deck plates thrum
beneath your feet, though whether it’s from the passage of innumerable feet or the vibrations of the station’s power
conduits and air recycling systems is impossible to say.
left-aligned image

In the center of Dock 94 is your contact with the Starfinder Society, Duravar Kreel. The stout dwarf rests against a bench used for waiting passengers, and he searches the crowd for his new recruits.

BluejackWelcome. Please start with a introduction to your PC and why they are interested in the position with the Starfinder Society. We will have some free role play using Duravor is a starting piece. No worries if you are from the station or off. I will compensate. Blocks welcome early on, and will be needed right away!

Last edited by Bluejack; Feb 17th, 2021 at 01:07 PM.
Old Feb 17th, 2021, 09:10 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21630
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Kord Desin
right-aligned image

Kord had been honored when High Sola Tabishad Markola had given him his first assignment to join the Starfinder Society and act as one of the Cosmonastery's liaisons within their prestigious ranks. It was unclear what work we would be doing for the Society, but the High Sola had implied that the assignment was for for the foreseeable future, a task that would perhaps even require him to leave the station. That idea alone was both exciting and at the same time frightening.

Solarians live rather spartan lives, but it was still bittersweet later that day when he was packing up the few belongings he had from his room. He said his farewells to the friends he had, most sharing words of encouragement or even expressing longing to be in his shoes. The fact that Kord was representing all Solarians the moment he stepped foot outside the Cosmonastery was not lost on him, and only added to the responsibility and pressure of his assignment.

The following morning saw him leaving the confines of the cosmonastery and into the station proper. This was hardly the 1st time that he had left, but the fact that he would not be returning, at least, not anytime soon, made each step a little more meaningful this time. Beyond the robes he wore and the armor they covered, there was not much else that Kord brought with him, save for the small mote of dark energy that hovered over his shoulder at all times, though that was more accurately described as a part of him, rather than something he carried.

His contact for the Pathfinder Society was a dwarf by the name of Duravar Kreel, whom he was supposed to meet on Dock 94. Kord was curious why Duraver had requested to meet him at the docks instead of in their headquarters, the Lorespire Complex, but he was sure the dwarf had his reasons.

The usual hustle and bustle of the station quickly enveloped him by the time he reached the ring. He noticed pockets of workers and races staying mostly together, but also working in unison with one another, and could not help draw a comparison to the Cycle of the cosmos itself. It was a nice sentiment to think of the station as a microcosm of the rest of existence.

Like a boulder standing steadfast amidst a churning stream, he spied a lone dwarf waiting near a bench, unmoving among the chaos of the docks. " Mr. Kreel," Kord said, extending a cybernetic hand in greeting. "My name is Kord Desin. The High Sola said I was to meet you here."

Last edited by Silent Rain; Feb 18th, 2021 at 03:46 PM.
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 03:24 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 49376
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Quiggy
left-aligned image
Quig sat on the steel communal benches of the Okimoro absentmindedly scratching the rough fur around his exocortex implant. He didn’t notice the side glances his actions received by his fellow travellers… surely he seemed to be just another derelict flea ridden rat hitching a ride from one garbage heap to another.

Ever since the disaster of the Steel Talon, Quig had retreated back to his workshop wondering what he would do without his destroyed Scout. The drone had been his pride and joy, the closest thing that the ysoki had to family. Seeing it smashed into a million pieces had ripped a piece of his soul from his small body and Quig couldn’t bring himself to build a new drone.

Instead, the mechanic decided to experiment upon himself. He knew that some people cut themselves when dealing with extreme stress and suffering without a healthy outlet for their toxic emotions. Quig recognized the sentiment and rather than cause himself harm, he funnelled his anger into his work. The bounty hunter thought about what improvements he could make… taking what he had learned about his failures with Scout, and he went to work.

The first cut had been the hardest, but with the help of mild narcotics, after slowly slicing his way through skin and bone… the progress was swift. Where once he relied on Scouts external instrumentation… now Quig had fitted himself with cybernetic brain enhancements that connected neurons, synapses and optical nerves.

Still… the wound was healing, his sewing skills left much to be desired. The process had been cathartic and as the shuttle docked at Absalom station he took a deep breath and disembarked, ready to move on from the past. It did not take him long to find his contact, a dwarf, Duravar Kreel. Standing next to him was a robed figure but all Quiggy noticed was the cybernetic hand.

Walking up, Quiggy grabbed the hand, not even bothering to address either man. “Hmmm… this is good work,” the ysoki muttered as he turned the hand over inspecting the craftsmanship. “You do the work yourself… or did you contract it out?” Quig asked as he looked up at the stranger.

“Name’s Quig,” he said to the dwarf with a slight nod, “reporting for duty or something along those lines.”

Old Feb 19th, 2021, 10:04 AM
Tamer of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6020
Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin
Solo
right-aligned image
5010 traveled to a waypoint station, where he would have to take a public transport to Absalom Station. Now 5010 is not fearful of public transportation, well fear was altogether illogical to the android. But the notion of having to rely on a flight school dropout, to pilot a crowded vessel, to a docking bay, on a moving space station had 5010’s self-preservation directive working on over drive. Seated quietly in the middle of the row upon row of humanoid creatures, 5010 was almost thankful to have a seat. The seat assuaged the android’s worry, as the wannabe fighter pilot, made countless unnecessary, banking and rolling maneuvers to get through the traffic orbiting the space station. If the android had consumed organic matter recently and it was sitting in a gastrointestinal tract, it surely would have been evacuated as the pilot squeezed between two larger military vessels for no known reason to 5010. Finally touching down with a heavy landing, 5010 and the rest of the occupants were free of the nightmare that was this pilot and public transportation.

It was soon apparent that 5010 was following a Ysoki off the shuttle, as they both headed toward the rendezvous point. As they neared the bench with the contact Duravar Kreel, the Ysoki scurried off, and 5010 might have miscalculated the likelihood of an unimportant citizen moving in the same direction as the pilot in a busy docking bay. Looking once more back at his contact, a Solarian greeted Duravar, but was quickly attacked by the Ysoki that 5010 was following earlier. Two things were focused on by the android at that moment. The first was his initial assessment of the Ysoki was correct, and the second was that same Ysoki was attacking the Solarian meeting Duravar.

5010 did not move to help defend the Solarian, as he did not know the reason for the attack from the Ysoki, and did not wish to get involved. His primary directive at this moment was to get into the Starfinder Society, and to achieve that was to speak with Duravar. Stepping around the Ysoki, 5010 heard the rodent like creature introduce himself as Quig. The android knew that was not to him, so he did not incline a response. Maneuvering to the opposite side of Duravar as to keep an eye on the confrontation between Quig and the Solarian and still make contact with the dwarf to further his mission, 5010 introduced himself. "5-0-1-0 here for the pilot position with the Starfinder Society." There was no attempt at a hand shake, but 5010 stood tall in what the military would call ‘at attention’. The android stood that way until Duravar acknowledged him.

Last edited by Dragonsabin; Feb 19th, 2021 at 11:26 AM.
Old Feb 19th, 2021, 10:06 AM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36835
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Welcome to Dead Suns!
left-aligned image
Duravor looked the Yasoki up and down, his expression blank. When he spoke, it was in the familiar dwarvish patois, blunted some as a concession tot he mouse-man and the Solarian. "You ain't got much of a look to ye, but yah helped finish off the Steel Talon, an the people o' Absalom Station owe ye a debt, Quig. Good on' yah." Kreel offered a nod to Quig, "Where be yuir droid, Quig? Report said you had a 'bot."

The dwarf looked at the Solarian and gave a look of stoic approval, "Now you got the look of a Starfinder, Kord. Least a Starfinder by most people's thinkin'. I know it takes all types." Up close, Kord could see this dwarf had seen many tough battles, with old scars on his face, and well worn gear that looked ready for action.

"We have a few more in yuir group. We have yah trainin' together. Afore I say too much and repeat meself, we can make some chitchat."Kreel looked around Dock 94, and he had an uneasy movement in his eyes. He looked ill at ease. Kord saw him shake his head, then peer at the two new recruits to the Starfinder Society. Just then the third showed up, a pilot named 5010.

"Allow, 5010. Nice to meet you. This is Kord and Quig. Two more to go!"

BluejackWelcome. Feel free to converse! ASsume the Steel Talon was defeated in some capacity.

Last edited by Bluejack; Feb 19th, 2021 at 10:08 AM.
Old Feb 19th, 2021, 10:55 AM
Tamer of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin Dragonsabin
Solo
right-aligned image
"Allow, 5010, Nice to meet you. This is Kord and Quig. Two more to go!"

Duravor greeted 5010, identifying the Solarian, as he heard the Ysoki call himself Quig. Turning to the two that have joined, 5010 introduced himself. "I am 5-0-1-0, and will assume the pilot position of this companionship." Then looking directly as Quig. "What is your quarrel with Kord, that you must attack his arm as you did?" 5010 did not want to be brought into any conflict, which already exists among the group, but he did want to make sure that the team he is assigned too, will not try to harm each other because of past offenses. Then in an attempt to understand the Solarian, 5010 turned to Kord. "Master Kord. Is that a title you have attained, or am I to be less formal when addressing a Solarian that has the freedom to travel away from the Cosmonastery?" 5010 stood less erect as he did in front of Duravor, signifying the two were at most his equal. And maybe one not as much his equal. A reflexive glance at Quig could not be perceived by the others. If it was noticed, one could assume something quickly caught the attention of 5010's optical receptors.

Last edited by Dragonsabin; Feb 19th, 2021 at 11:25 AM.
Old Feb 19th, 2021, 11:21 AM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Quiggy
left-aligned image
Quig's Theme

Quig stared up at the dwarf, his lip curled in a bit of a sneer. “A droid… ya don’t say,” the ysoki said sarcastically as he looked around, searching for the missing droid. “I guess the Starfinder’s recruited me because their intelligence gathering sucks.”

The small ratlike man frowned at his new boss and continued his mini-tirade. “My scout was destroyed by the Steel Talon… BamBoomKapowey! Quiggy simulated a massive explosion with his hands. “So now you got the new and improved Quig,” he looked at the strange android, “Nickel the android, and this other guy who doesn’t have a nickname yet… I’m working on it though.”

The mechanic looked around the terminal, seeing the shiftiness in the dwarf’s eyes. While he waited for the next two arrivals, Quig kept up the chit chat but still made sure to be aware of his surroundings.

“So Nick… yer a pilot. You ever been in a crash… shot anyone down? Commercial or military aircraft? What’s your mom’s name. Favorite password for your credit account?”

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Feb 19th, 2021 at 06:42 PM.
Old Feb 19th, 2021, 11:54 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Kord Desin
right-aligned image
As Kord finished shaking the dwarf's hand, a ysoki walked up beside them and grabbed his cybernetic arms, turning it over as he inspected it. Although surprised by the directness of the ysoki's inquiry, Kord did not retract his arm, but allowed it to be examined.

"No," he replied to the ysoki's question. "I'm afraid I do not possess the skill necessary. I had the arm replaced by a surgeon." Kord noticed the ysoki's own cybernetics covering a potion of his face and head, and also the ragged scars and uneven fur that surrounded them. "I assume that you have installed yours yourself? That must require great skill and...dedication. Most impressive."

The ysoki greeted Duravar Kreel, whom seemed to have been expecting him as well. Kord raised an eyebrow when the dwarf mentioned that the ysoki, whom he now knew was called Quig, had been part of the team that put an end to the Steel Dragon. Everyone on the station had hard the story and Kord took this as a reminder to not judge a person by mere appearance alone.

An android appeared next, introducing himself to the dwarf as 5010. An odd name to be sure, which Kord could only assume functioned more as a practical designator for the synthetic life form than a 'name'.

It was at this point that Kord began to realize that the dwarf appeared to be assembling a team, something that he had not expected, assuming that his meeting with Mr. Kreel was going to be just between the two of them. The dwarf's decision to meet outside of the Starfinder headquarters was now making more sense.

"Greetings, 5010. Fear not, no offense has been taken," he said, holding up his right hand. "I assume it was merely the innocent curiosity of one craftsman looking at the work of another. Please, no titles are necessary, Kord is fine. While I have been granted the title of Master upon completing my training as a solarian, it is mostly only used by those of my order."

Kord noticed the dwarf glance about the docks with an uneasy look in his eyes, to which he also casually
Dice Perception Check:
1d20+5 (4)+5 Total = 9
looked around from one side to the other.

Old Feb 19th, 2021, 02:03 PM
Tamer of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
Solo
right-aligned image
5010 understood nicknames as a special designation to be called in comradery or jest. Since he did not know the ysoki yet, so he took it as the little one was making fun of him. "If you are addressing my Quig, I am not made of nickel nor is there any resemblance to the alloy." Then 5010 remembered what Kord just said about admiring craftmanship. "I can be technically described as sythezoid. Part organic, and part technological construct. I am more than that newly created implant you have there, but less than your body as a whole." 5010 ignored the rest of the ysoki's questions, as he did not need to know his experiences.

Returning his attention back to Kord. "Thank you for the clarification. I shall call you Kord then." Nodding as to emphasize his understanding. "Kord, what is your specialization? I am here to be a pilot and it looks like Quig is here because of his experience facing something called the Steel Talon. I am sure you are good at what you do, but what is it?"

Old Feb 19th, 2021, 02:56 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Kord Desin
right-aligned image
My specification, Kord thought to himself as he was about to respond to the android's inquiry. He went to reply, but found he was uncertain how to, realizing that he had never had to explain to anyone what a solarian did, and more specifically, what it meant to follow the tenets of the Order of the Empty Orbit. A priest? A warrior? These were oversimplifications.

Thinking it better to provide an explanation, Kord held out his hand and the small mote of pulsating energy that normally hovered over his shoulder slowly floated down to rest just above the surface of his palm. "This is a physical manifestation of the energy contained within me...within all things. It is but the tiniest part of the energy that permeates the very cosmos itself. From the explosive birth of a star and its surrounding galaxy to its eventual collapse billions of years later, this pattern is called the Cycle, and it is this, which I protect. That is what I do."

Lowering his hand, the tiny mote of energy floated back to take its normal place above his shoulder.

Last edited by Silent Rain; Feb 19th, 2021 at 03:58 PM.
Old Feb 19th, 2021, 05:55 PM
CallHill Minion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14079
Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson
Jag Jaff
normal image without text wrap
Jag Jaff
Jag's Theme

His Last Job for Koza
Last Month

"Listen, man...F*ck all this. You're gonna die. You ready?" Jag Jaff looked down and pointed his laser pistol at yet another wannabe mob boss who used Absalom Station as a base of operations.

"No! Please!" begged the bleeding man who laid on the soft, white throw rug in the expensively furnished apartment. It was only now that he actually felt the station's artificial gravity pulling him further down, down, down.

"OK, man...I usually don't do this, but I'll give you a third chance. Maybe because you grovel so well. Maybe because of something else. So...go on. Tell me how you're going to make it right with Koza. Go on..."

"Yes! Oh, yes!" exclaimed the fat man who stared at the barrel of a laser pistol. "I'll...I'll give him three...no! Four times what he's asking for! Five! Yes, five! Please, please, give me a..."

A hot laser beam then entered the fat man's skull. Within a blink, the man's brains were splattered throughout the cotton fiber fingers of the rug.

Jag Jaff frowned, holstered his pistol as he turned around, and began walking toward the room's hidden safe. Koza had told him exactly where it was, which was why the fat man now lay dead and without much of a head. Why threaten a man who owes his 'business partner' creds when you already know where the money is and can just take it? Jag had had a little fun, though, pushing the man around and scaring him. It was always fun to watch a slimeball try and wriggle away, beg for his life. Fun.

As expected, the safe was poorly hidden and built by Tech-Ed Corporation, digital magnetic lock and all. Jag pulled out the Cracker and within 10 seconds the safe was open and its internal defense system disabled. He reached for the black anti-tech bag that rested inside and opened it with a bit of caution. No shocking zap, no defensive pocket spell, just two credsticks (one elaborately designed with stars of all shapes and sizes; the other a dull blue) and a golden ring with a purple stone mounted on it. "Decent," Jag said as he turned the ring to view the deeply colored, but somewhat muted stone. He grabbed the credsticks before placing them and the ring in the inside pocket of his long, gray pleather jacket.

Twenty seconds later and the apartment's auto-sliding door was locked behind Jag and he started walking down corridor A-112 in Northend to report back to Koza and get paid for a completed job. He was confident that his latest, temporary employer would consider letting Jag keep the ring as partial payment. If it turned out that he wouldn't, Jag was sure he could find some way to convince Koza to change his mind.

Jag's Annoucement
Two Weeks Ago

Jag sat in the cafe named Eoxian Eats in the heart of Absalom Station and across from his lover as she told him once again of her dreams. Of her desire to "settle down" and start a family. Of her desire for Jag to "settle down" and start a family.
right-aligned image
Navasi

"It's not like I'm asking you to move to Aucturn, darlin'," Navasi said, sounding somewhat perturbed. It was surely not the first time that they had discussed the topic. "We just can't keep up this pace. One of us will eventually not come back from a job and the other one...well...the other one will be beyond heartbroken. You see that, right?"

Jag's mouth formed a loving smirk and he tapped his finger on the plexitable. "Yeah, babe...I see that." He knew that she was right. It was time. It was past time. There had been too many close calls for both of them, especially lately. "Got a surprise for you, babe," he continued. "I told Koza 'no more'. Six months of his sh*t is enough. And I'm here to tell you right now...'no more'. I'm getting out of the game, babe. I'm done 'cause...well...you're right. We just can't keep up this pace." He took a drink from the glass of firescotch in front of him and then said, "So...you ain't gonna believe this sh*t, babe. I applied for the Starfinder Society. Now, hold on...I know, I know. But I thought it would be a way to get the hell out of the game and score some legit creds. Legit. Well...they accepted me thanks to the help of some friends and...well...I'm gonna do it, babe. I'm gonna go and play their game, just for a bit, and score some major cred. And then we can do what you want to do. We can do all that family stuff and you can clean a small cubicle all day long and get fat and boss me around all the time and be happy."

Jag then pulled something out of his pocket. It was a golden ring with a purple stone mounted on it and he handed it to Navasi.

Navasi smiled as she had never smiled before and said, "I f*ckin' love you, darlin'."

Jag grunted out a laugh and took another drink as their space chilled dinner was served.

Jag Meets the Team
Now

The day had finally come.

Jag stood outside of Dock 94 and smelled the odors and listened to the sounds that only a dock within Absalom Station could emit. He looked down the deck and saw a small gathering of people led by, it seemed, a bald and stout dwarf.

"That's gotta be them," he told himself and he put on his professional ego as he walked toward the group.

Jag slapped the stock of his laser long gun as he came up to the dwarf who was talking to a mysterious man in robes and hood, an android, and an interesting looking ysoki. When there was a pause in talking, he asked the dwarf a simple question. "This the Society group?" He looked around to each of the others, then looked back at the bearded dwarf and offered a smart smirk. "Yeah, OK. Well, I'm Jag Jaff and if there's a need to burn something up or las something down, well...I'm the guy."

He then looked at the robed man and said, "Ugh. Solarian, right? Yeah. Keep that mumbo-jumbo stuff away from me, yeah?" He gave the man a hard stare before moving to the android.

"Seriously, mate? A machine-man wants to join the Society? OK...alright."

He then looked down and to the ysoki. "Ummm...you look familiar, rat." He then pointed a waving finger at the ysoki and said, "Wait a minute, man...wait a minute." There was a pause and then the smirk turned into a half-smile. "Quiggy, right? Am I right? Yeah, I'm right. You look different, man. Different. OK, mate, OK. This is going to be interesting..."

Turning to the dwarf again, he said, "OK, man. When do we start? And when do I start shootin' and blowin' things up?"

Last edited by Warson; Aug 17th, 2021 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Updated Stat Block
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 10:42 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Kord Desin
right-aligned image
Kord's immediate impression of Jag as he strolled up to greet Duravar Kreel was only solidified when the man opened his mouth. He had met like him before, too quick to judge that which they do not understand or are different than themselves. Their ignorance made them dangerous, more so when they come as well armed as Jag.

"This mumbo-jumbo, as you put it," Kord replied to Jag, "is no more avoidable than the air in which you are now breathing. That said, I take your meaning, and will endeavor to not produce any unnecessary energy manifestations in your presence."

Kord was going to leave well enough alone, but found himself unable to after Jag's last comment. "I hope you do realize that the Pathfinder Society is a respected peaceful organization, whose goal is to explore and understand the cosmos's mysteries. They are not a mercenary group. Violence should ever be used only as a last resort."

Old Feb 20th, 2021, 03:36 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
Quiggy
left-aligned image

Quiggy already found the android annoying. If he had to spend all his time explaining his nicknames and jokes he would rather just put a bullet in the tincan and call it a day. The ysoki stood there frowning at Nickel as Kord explained the philosophical underpinnings of the known universe and how the inner personal universe and the outer physical universe was inextricably intertwined.

Quig yawned loudly and smacked his lips noisily. “I’m sure you can help me with my meditation… supposed to be good therapy for my PTSD… I call bullcrap though, I just fall asleep.”

It was at this moment that Jag entered the bounty hunters life and Quig was smitten. “When do I start shootin' and blowin' things up?" the man said and Quiggy just looked to the dwarf, silently nodding his head in agreement with naked enthusiasm.

Kord’s response, "Violence should ever be used only as a last resort,” made Quig’s jaw drop as he turned to look at the man, unsure if had heard him correctly. “Are you serious? Violence… properly applied… solves all problems. I read that in a book somewhere… once… I might have just made that up actually... sounds good though... profound.”

Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 10:13 AM
Tamer of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
Solo
right-aligned image
Listening to Kord’s explanation both fascinated and bewildered the android. The basic concept was not difficult to grasp, but the floating anomaly was something 5010 could not begin to understand. Then there was too much noise from a human male, that seems to know of the groups meeting. From the introduction to the announced propensity of blowing things up, 5010 did not care too much for the man. Then the open distain for Kord’s religion and toward himself, 5010 spoke to Kord when he was done addressing the new member of the group. "There is not need to concern yourself with the drivel of a closed minded being. There will always be hatred and bigotry throughout the worlds."

Then Quig spoke up to the defense of Jag, which seemed fitting to 5010’s initial assessment of the ysoki. "There seems to be an even balance in this group between pragmatism and anarchism." then looking toward Jag and Quig. "Let us hope the final member is less shooty," 5010 made finger guns while making this comment. "And will be more thinky." which 5010 switched his gesturing to point at his own head. Finally acknowledging Jag directly. "I understand you missed my explanation earlier, but I am not exactly a machine or a man. I am a sythezoid, part organic, and part technological construct. By limiting me and calling me a machine man, you neglect my intelligence and capability of doing and being more." When he finished, 5010 tactfully moved around the group to stand closer to Kord, and farther away from Quig and Jag.

Last edited by Dragonsabin; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 10:08 PM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 10:47 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Kord Desin
right-aligned image

"There seems to be an even balance in this group between pragmatism and anarchism," 5010 said to Kord, and the solarian could not help but smile.

"So there is," Kord replied. "Ever the Universe is humbling in the way it teaches us lessons that we aught already know. Forgive me Jag," he said, bowing his head to the man and even gaving Quig a glance as well. "It would seem that your presence provides this group with a balance that it would have otherwise been lacking. I have no doubt that your...perspective on things will prove crucial in some as-of-yet unforeseen way. It was my fault for not seeing the larger plan in motion."

Last edited by Silent Rain; Feb 22nd, 2021 at 01:40 PM.