Chicane dans ta cabane

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8808
Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra
Get To Know A Gamer: Marshmallow

Get to Know a Gamer
Marshmallow edition

Hello everyone. This thread is the next installment in a series of threads on a somewhat-weekly basis where we get to know members of the RPGX community by having informal "Ask Me Anything"-type threads. In essence, I am going to post some icebreaker questions to which the subject will reply and then the thread will remain open for Q&A until it isn't fun any more.

If you would like to be a victim interviewed, if you have feedback on GTKAG or on the questions themselves, follow this link: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?p=8981519

Some reminders:
  1. All site rules of course still apply (i.e. keep it PG, no dox, etc.)
  2. Nobody's obliged to answer any questions they don't want to answer
  3. Please keep in mind the risks of sharing info online.
  4. It is okay to ask questions in advance; no need to wait for the victim to respond to the opener.

Now without further ado, some opening questions to break the ice!

QuestionnaireWhat are you doing right now? (besides answering this)
What do you like about your town? (and where is that?)
What do you see when you look in the mirror?
What do you see when you look out the window?
What's your personal quote?
Low-fat, non-fat or regular milk?
Pen or pencil?
Last-gen or first-gen game consoles?
Fashion, science, business or car magazines?
Where would you vacation (if you had enough money)?
Sarcastic or ironic?

The following shamelessly stolen from the "Inside the Actor's Studio" Questionnaire:

What is your favorite word?
What is your least favorite word?
What turns you on (intellectually speaking, not sexually)?
What turns you off?
What sound do you love?
What sound do you hate?
What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
What profession would you not like to participate in?
If heaven exists what would you like to hear your supreme being of choice say when you arrive?

What is your favorite...
...music style?
...food style?
...color?
...instrument?
...ice-cream flavor?
...furniture piece?
...quote?
...video game?
...magazine?
...moment in a game (either on RPGX or IRL)?
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 09:32 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12536
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
QuestionnaireWhat are you doing right now?
Listening to some classic beats because Daftpunk's retirement reinvigorated my love for their music.

What do you see when you look in the mirror?
A big old mess of lockdown/quarantine minimal care... Also a bunch of dresses, I've been trying to wear them more and jeans less, but I'm really, really not comfortable in dresses.
What do you see when you look out the window?
A house that would've burned down if it wasn't for me. And a very loud air horn. Long story.
What's your personal quote?
As someone who is non-verbal, this is kinda awkward to answer, so I'm going to include awful instructions on how to perform the sign and what that sign means in BSL, for funsies.

Low-fat, non-fat or regular milk?
Gimme the whole fat moomoo juice.
Pen or pencil?
My dyslexia rendered me hideously illiterate when it comes to writing with a pen/pencil, so I'll say keyboard.
Fashion, science, business or car magazines?
Science, gimme them space facts!
Where would you vacation (if you had enough money)?
Maldives Rangali Island, they have awesome underwater suites I'd love to sleep in.
Sarcastic or ironic?
The irony gets taken too far too easily and Sarcasm is misunderstood far too regularly.

What is your favorite word?
Bosom.
What is your least favorite word?
Fam
What turns you on (intellectually speaking, not sexually)?
Well presented and interesting moral gray areas.
What turns you off?
Poorly presented and uninteresting moral gray areas.
What sound do you love?
Running water.
What sound do you hate?
Any sharp, piercing noises.
What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Writer.
What profession would you not like to participate in?
Customer Services.
If heaven exists what would you like to hear your supreme being of choice say when you arrive?
"There's an all-you-can-eat buffet inside." and several other phrases are not fit for RPGX.

What is your favorite...
...music style?
I'm far too eclectic to say, honestly.
...food style?
Japanese, Ramen is fantastic.
...color?
Purple!
...instrument?
Hurdy-gurdy, it's such an expressive instrument and every single one is unique to its owner.
...ice-cream flavor?
Hmm... Ben & Jerries Honeycomb.
...furniture piece?
Bed.
...quote?
I've been reading through Terry Pratchett's City Watch Collection lately and Lord Vetinari's speech about complacency and the place of modern evil really struck a cord with me.

...video game?
Persona 4
...moment in a game (either on RPGX or IRL)?
The time I did 91 points of damage in D&D5E with a pebble, physics and an arrow.

Last edited by Marshmallow; Mar 1st, 2021 at 09:33 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 10:27 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34202
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Q: Did you eat real ramen in Japan?

Q: Why dresses are uncomfortable? I'm serioustly curious.

Q: Do you have a girlfriend or boyfriend (whatever your preference). You don't have to answer if you don't want, just curious again and playing the game.

Funny thing one of my favorite sounds is also running water of a stream.

Last edited by MoonZar; Mar 1st, 2021 at 10:29 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 10:35 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Q: Did you eat real ramen in Japan?
Nope, never had enough money to leave the UK, but I kind of figured by default that it was a situation like British/Japanese curry being different to the original Indian Curry.

Q: Why dresses are uncomfortable?
There's a number of reasons, really.
  1. I have pretty severe scarring down my upper back and on my shoulders, so anything that shows them off is by default putting me in a pretty self-conscious place.
  2. I've always been kind of a tomboy/masculine woman, I typically wear a lot of guy clothes - leather jackets, hooded jackets, pants/trousers, jeans, etc... So wearing more feminine/women's clothing is really unusual, kinda alien to me.
  3. They don't really come in any styles I like unless you want to pay for crazy expensive designer stuff, which I can't afford. anyways.

Q: Do you have a girlfriend or boyfriend (whatever your preference). You don't have to answer if you don't want, just curious again and playing the game.

Uhh... Sort of? I and her aren't really a couple, but (to keep things PG-13) we're... Physically involved, but not so much exclusive; We've talked about it but I'm not sure either of us really wants anything exclusive right about now.

Running Water or Rain/Thunderstorms, but running water tends to be more predictable.

Last edited by Marshmallow; Mar 1st, 2021 at 10:49 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 10:44 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Thats a good example, the british curry vs the indian curry. I tried in both country. I guess that would be similar about ramen in UK vs in Japan. I didnt ate ramen in UK. Please visit Japan and try the real thing.

Yeah I like rain, the sounds make me relax, i have piano with rain on youtube somewhere.

I get it that scarring and dress is not comfortable. Its true that its hard to find a good dress that really fit you on a budget. I did wayyyy to much shopping with girlfriends over the years.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 10:53 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Uhh... Sort of? I and her aren't really a couple, but (to keep things PG-13) we're... Physically involved, but not so much exclusive; We've talked about it but I'm not sure either of us really wants anything exclusive right about now.
Thats why there is a status in facebook «*its complicated*» hahaha Good luck with that relationship, we never know where it can lead us.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 10:54 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
I think a lot of people try the British version of Curry and don't realize that there's a fundamental difference between the equipment, ingredients, and even the base of the curry itself from what was the original Indian process. If I'm ever in Japan, I'll certainly be trying Ramen, also Gyoza. I absolutely love pulled pork gyoza.

I don't really shop with friends when it comes to clothes, for the most part, they're all on the extremely feminine side of the fashion line: bodycon, club dresses, etc. My main reason for trying to switch to dresses is that I'm... Very bottom-heavy and getting into jeans is just a struggle day after day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
Thats why there is a status in facebook «*its complicated*» hahaha Good luck with that relationship, we never know where it can lead us.
Hahaha, it's far more casual than complicated.

Last edited by Marshmallow; Mar 1st, 2021 at 10:55 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 10:57 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
We make pork gyoza often at home, the kids grandmother ones are epics as well. I’m spoiled when it come to food.

Dresses are not for everybody anyway. All my life partners were fashion heavy, did a lottttt of shopping. Im kind of one of the rare guy who like shopping for the lady. in Japan the amount of fashion shops is insane.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 11:00 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
I used to live in Newcastle when I was studying, there was something of a fashion scene but it was mostly guys lining up outside a store for trainers/sneakers?? I never got that either, but there were a fair few fashion and designer make-up shops.

I personally spent more time in music, tech, and hobby shops. I am guilty of going to body shops for bath bombs and general feel-good femme stuff though.

Last edited by Marshmallow; Mar 1st, 2021 at 11:00 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 11:00 PM
knows too much

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13645
Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6
When you inevitably conquer the planet, what is your first order?
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 11:02 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Love that question elf!
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 11:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50680
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
I think a lot of people try the British version of Curry and don't realize that there's a fundamental difference between the equipment, ingredients, and even the base of the curry itself from what was the original Indian process.
This is why I love it when my wife's aunts come to visit from Trinidad. That west Indian cooking is to die for. It's the only way to get my fix ever since the only authentic Roti shop in town closed down :'(

Staying on topic, what was your favorite moment from Outplay 2020? I know you already told us in your interview, but our podcast team messed up all the audio

Good luck and happy gaming everyone!!!
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 11:07 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfman6 View Post
When you inevitably conquer the planet, what is your first order?
Hmm...

I'd have the Shadowrun IP given to some else, for one; Or I would put Ben & Jerry's honeycomb back into production. Selfish, I know, but it was a really, really, really good flavour.

Last edited by Marshmallow; Mar 1st, 2021 at 11:09 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 11:08 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
hahaha I like where your priorities are for world domination.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 11:08 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
Staying on topic, what was your favorite moment from Outplay 2020? I know you already told us in your interview, but our podcast team messed up all the audio
Oh that's simple, it was seeing what people put together despite the super tight restrictions on character generation. That and th-