Game Thread 6-D: Grand Theft Paradise - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Champions for a New Earth
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 30th, 2021, 11:23 AM
Thus saith the Wooper.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8737
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
6-D: Grand Theft Paradise

Emet
Rimue's eyes are wide as she presents the message on the tablet. We need to leave.

Raijin spoke to me. If we're here at sunrise, Cirimilia will try to detain us. I don't want to bring that to my family.

OoC: 5 power points added. I believe that brings the total to 145.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; Jun 30th, 2021 at 11:23 AM.
Old Jun 30th, 2021, 02:48 PM
Duct Tape Mummy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3383
Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus
Emet blinks. "I wonder what her issue is at this point... I thought I was getting along with everyone rather well. Or maybe that is the issue."

Emet has reached no conclusions about the existence of a sea goddess distinct from Raijin, but the possibility that they might be at odds has given rise to a thread of suspicion over Raijin's relationship to the seafolk and their culture. Not a strong or actionable thread... but enough to make him wonder if Cirimillia might have more than technophobia as a motivation for interfering with their activities.

"Is there anything you want to attend to before we go? Cloaked or otherwise? I need to release Spots back to the wild but I can leave after that is done."
Old Jun 30th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Thus saith the Wooper.

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Emet
Rimue begins to shake her head, then pauses. I will wake my parents and sister to say goodbye. Then we leave.

She darts back inside, emerging a few minutes later with a sadder expression as she swims above the buildings and toward the wall. She pauses, then turns around, retrieving a new tablet with a chagrined smile and leading the way south.
Old Jun 30th, 2021, 03:55 PM
Duct Tape Mummy

Tools
User Statistics
Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus
Emet nudges his octopus into a vacant coral crevice well outside of the usual foraging area of the sea-folk. Taking her along is tempting... but if his business takes him above water any time soon this seems like the best chance to keep her in a hospitable environment.

He is also tempted to offer some reassurance to Rimue, regarding her departure from her family. But everything he can think of to say requires too many conditionals. An excess of ifs is rarely reassuring.

Instead he inquires as he catches up, "Did Raijin provide any more details on the next phase of our operation, besides timing and location?"
Old Jun 30th, 2021, 09:47 PM
Thus saith the Wooper.

Tools
User Statistics
Emet
We're stealing from a god before the vampires can. A plant in a garden, magic. She looks at you, excitement and anxiety clear on her face. On land. We have a long swim.
Old Jul 1st, 2021, 12:02 AM
Duct Tape Mummy

Tools
User Statistics
"The vampires." He considers. A Vampire hunter at Clifford. Vampiric encroachment on the sea folk. And now an effort in direct opposition to the unfortunate parasites. ...vampires are the primary threat we're facing, then? The reason for our assembly and deployment by the arbiters?"

"I've only read of one mythological precedent for stealing from deities. It didn't end well for Prometheus." He adds with incongruous cheer, "Let's not get caught."
Old Jul 1st, 2021, 12:11 AM
Thus saith the Wooper.

Tools
User Statistics
Emet
I think so. Raijin seems to like humans and he says vampires don't.

You can teleport and be invisible. Perfect thief. Rimue smiles reassuringly as she taps the last words. And we have a god too.
Old Jul 1st, 2021, 01:50 AM
Duct Tape Mummy

Tools
User Statistics
With that insight a small tapestry worth of threads dedicated to speculation on the nature of the impending disaster are deallocated... and summarily reallocated to speculating on vampires.

"The threat they pose must be quite dire to gain such attention. I hope they aren't trying to blot out the sun, or turn the seas into blood. I rather like the sun, and the ocean, and I'd hate to find out those are legitimate concerns."

"Mm... yes. Thief. Not exactly how I like to present myself. Especially before divinity. I'll be treating this more as a search and seizure sort of undertaking, presumably followed by protective custody... for produce."
Old Jul 1st, 2021, 04:20 PM
Thus saith the Wooper.

Tools
User Statistics
Emet
Rimue seems to decide the rest of the conversation isn't worth more writing on her precious tablet, and instead leads the way.

OoC: Good for a FFWD post (from me)?
Old Jul 1st, 2021, 04:35 PM
Duct Tape Mummy

Tools
User Statistics

Old Jul 1st, 2021, 09:52 PM
Thus saith the Wooper.

Tools
User Statistics
Emet
Rimue leads you south through the dark sea; she doesn't seem as scared of the deep, aquamarine water, nor really of the sharks you see swimming by in the distance.

She starts singing as the sun rises - a song with actual words. Listening closely, you make out that it's a tale about Atlantis. It tells of falling asleep, and dreaming of days gone by - days where children played in the sand and surf alike, where men and women lived in peace, where sweat never fell and where the water was clean. It's scarce on details but rich in emotion, and by the end you feel like shedding a tear, were it possible.

Rimue finishes her song and swims along as if it had never happened. She dives deeper whenever the hull of a boat breaks the mirrorlike water's surface, until the seafloor once again rises up to meet you and the sunlight is hidden by gray, quickly darkening clouds.

The storm is coming. The rain will let us hurry to the next sea.
Old Jul 1st, 2021, 11:57 PM
Duct Tape Mummy

Tools
User Statistics
"I didn't know you could sing like that. With words to be understood, I mean." Emet murmurs as they continue, not really expecting an answer. His tone has a strange warbling distortion to it.

He had given up on imagining what the world might be like, if things got better somehow, in his first couple months of existence. With his gradual acceptance of the shape of the world, and his place in it, he had also accepted that imagining bad things that he might be able to stop was much more useful than imagining good things he had no hope of bringing to pass. But Rimue's song isn't describing some silly utopian imagining of his own. He decides to hang on to it, if only by a thread.

"By raising a river for us to traverse?" He inquires after reading the tablet. "We will be passing through enemy occupied territory I assume."
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 11:06 AM
Thus saith the Wooper.

Tools
User Statistics
Emet
I hope for a river. We have 100 miles overland otherwise. Rimue doesn't seem thrilled by the idea. Enemies everywhere, she adds.
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 11:49 AM
Duct Tape Mummy

Tools
User Statistics
"I shall join you in hoping for a river. I can keep us out of sight if we need to go on land but at 100 miles, I think we'd want to look into alternatives to walking. Do you have any inkling of where a river mouth might be?"
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 11:57 AM
Thus saith the Wooper.

Tools
User Statistics
Emet
I can taste freshwater. Let's get closer to land.

After some searching you find not a river, but a canal, the nearly flat bottom covered in large pavement-like stones, deep enough to allow the galleys to pass through with ease as the oars beat the water. The rain begins to fall, shattering the mirror-like surface and creating a steady thunder in your ears - but you also know that even the sharpest eyes probably won't be able to see you from above the murky green water.

Rimue motions for you to follow her, and hastens through the canal, clearly disturbed by... something, but it lends her speed if not speech.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; Jul 2nd, 2021 at 11:58 AM.