Game Thread 7-A: Harrowing Heroism - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Champions for a New Earth > Arbiters Archive 2
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Old Sep 30th, 2021, 04:42 PM
Welcome to the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9380
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
7-A: Harrowing Heroism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
ConquistadorBefore Annie can respond, the woman in black is gone.

She waits several seconds before going out into the main room, saying, 'Martin, Kino!", in an urgent tone.
Once both have chimed in that they are not only okay, but listening, she revealed what she'd seen.

"The woman I spoke of just appeared over my bed. She said to beware the Dollmaker, Thermo has fallen, a hero struggles, and the third lies ignorant. All that had a warning tone, and then she added 'The heat, the heir, the heroine.' I could guess, but I am not going to pretend I know what all this means. Martin, did you see something? Or hear anything? Kino, does any of this make sense to you?"
Conquistador
Kino's gears whir at a higher frequency. "We first assume that you are the heroine and the one lying ignorant," the machine god observes. "Next, we hold the link between the name Thermo and heat - perhaps a superhuman with heat-related abilities has already fallen to this threat. Finally, Wyatt might be the heir, which would also make him the struggling hero."

"Sounds like Wyatt needs your help," Martin concludes. "Against this 'dollmaker'. Maybe somebody making machine men?"

"Unlikely. We may conclude that an entity, potentially hiding in plain sight, poses an active threat both to Wyatt and to Annie."
Old Oct 4th, 2021, 10:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29609
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Conquistador Annie's closed mouth twists slightly as she thinks.

"Never thought of myself as a heroine, but it makes sense that the heir could by Wyatt, and the struggling hero. He seemed like someone who could struggle with things, or get in a struggle and he sort of was when we first met - his father having just passed and all.
Puzzling to me that something or someone could be a threat to me. I really haven't crossed anyone that would fit what is described.
I am relieved that you don't think the threat is someone or something making machine men."

Build/Character Bio
Old Oct 4th, 2021, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Conquistador
"I have not observed the level of technology that would be required to do so," Kino answers. "Perhaps the law enforcement or criminal elements of this city would know to whom The Dollmaker refers."
Old Oct 5th, 2021, 03:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Conquistador Annie sighs audibly and moves to put some coffee on as well as setting out some fruit for breakfast.
"I don't know anyone with either of those groups, and if I did, I would still be hesitant", she says.

"If someone does have bad things intended for Wyatt and I, surely they have contacts within the criminal sort around here, and even with law enforcement.
Best thing we can do, I think, is to keep us locked up for now and get back to work."

<OOC: Did I miss a leveling up, or am I consistent with everyone else?

Build/Character Bio
Old Oct 6th, 2021, 12:38 AM
Welcome to the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
Conquistador
"There is certainly enough to be done," Kino agrees.

Martin nods in agreement. "I think we're about ready to smelt the first batch," he decides.

Additionally, Kino begins. "I measured a strong mana source, relying on carbon and oxygen, projected along a line crossing north-south through this city at approximately two o'clock this morning. What is capable of doing that?"

Martin looks to you. "If it's magic, probably the fae," he guesses. "Could you tell where it came from?"

I lack the resolution to determine altitude, but from the intensity pattern I project that it spanned the horizon in less than one-ten thousandth of a second, with no significant acceleration, angled north-northwest.

"...no acceleration means they weren't stopping, so it wasn't aimed at anywhere near here." Martin shrugs. "So we read the papers and see if anything comes of it."

Old Oct 7th, 2021, 05:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
<<OOC: Put notes about 5 point expenditure in private thread.>>
Old Oct 26th, 2021, 03:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Conquistador Annie nodded and got to work with Martin.

"Kino, do you know if such things are normal, or is there a heightened presence of Mana and people like me lately?"

<OOC: I saw that I was the last person to post and forgot it was just an OOC, not a reply. My bad.

Build/Character Bio
Old Oct 26th, 2021, 08:36 PM
Welcome to the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
Conquistador
I have not been active for long enough in the recent past to state with certainty, Kino apologizes. But for a society that does not rely on mana, the background level is higher than I would have predicted.
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 12:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Conquistador Annie frowned and looked to Martin. She said, "It may just be me seeing so many new things over the last month or so, but it feels like the dawning of a new age. What do you think?"

As they talked, she began to get some ideas on how to improve on her suit and spent time to the end of the day to justify improvements in builddoing just that.

Build/Character Bio
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
Conquistador
Martin nods. "And we are its arbiters," he agrees grimly.

I believe that name is spoken for, but I agree with the sentiment. Let us work to make it one of progress, though it will assuredly be one of war and pain.
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 11:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Conquistador Annie looked over at her suit, and actually raised a hand so the part that went on her arm moved through the air to lay in place on her forearm. "War and pain", she said with a bit of distant reflection in her voice. "Conquistador here took a few bullets when I was dropping a bomb down the stack of a ship off the coast of South America. Didn't really care for that pain. She needs some bolstering up before that happens again. Are you... interested in something like this Martin? Maybe if we find a suitable power source?"

Build/Character Bio
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 02:40 PM
Welcome to the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
Conquistador
Martin thinks for a moment, then shakes his head. "I doubt I would have time to use it," he decides.

Continue considering it, Martin. I support Annie's idea, and may assist in designing a power source when the time comes.

"I will help you with your suit upgrades though," Martin offers apologetically. "If you're willing."
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 06:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Conquistador "Of course I'm willing Martin. You're the smartest person I've ever known, before myself of course."
She smiles teasingly and nudges him.
Moving to her suit she says, "I've got some ideas on how to improve on..." She's clearly both excited to work on it herself and to have Martin involved.

Build/Character Bio
Old Nov 2nd, 2021, 01:08 AM
Welcome to the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
Conquistador
Martin nods. "Then we have a project," he says decidedly.

OoC: I think we're almost finished with your suit upgrades OoC, wanna hammer those out then give it the montage treatment?
Old Nov 2nd, 2021, 02:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
ConquistadorSpeaking just to Martin since they are both tuned in on her suit she says, "As I was saying before, I have to improve on the defenses of the suit. This material I use, interwoven like it is reacts when current from this small electric motor here and it hardens when it is impacted. I've got it affixed atop this other padding so anything it can stop, I don't feel it.
I can improve on this with some ideas I have, so I'd like for you to try and improve on these small hydraulic attachments here that allow the suit to lift a great deal, not too mention strike with force. These could be shortened here and lengthened here -"
, she points to things as she gives Martin her ideas.

"Also, you notice I don't have any type of protection over the hands, or elbows and such other than the material that can take a charge. So if I strike something, the suit turns into armor, and keeps the impact from breaking my hand. I can dent steel, it's pretty cool.
Also, I have an idea for an improvement on DOVE that should double her speed. That... is very needed."
She points to the ducted fans as she starts in on improvements to the suit's overall toughness.

After a long night, it's done and she double checks everything and puts on the whole suit to check it's fit except for the helmet. She moves over and gives Martin a long kiss and says, "Thank you. Wish me luck."
As it's still dark out, she goes to the loft area, opens a skylight and flies out to test things.
She's back in a few minutes and begins taking off the suit.

"That was exhilarating. We so have to get you suited up Martin."

<OOC: I'm ready to move along when you are.>>

Build/Character Bio