RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Old Jan 9th, 2022, 03:32 PM
Story Harvester

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19350
PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine
Gathering Hearthside

Welcome to Stars and Shadows: An Awakening!

Gathering Hearthside is where you can ask questions, verify information, talk amongst yourselves, and have fun! So, please - I invite you all to pull up a stool, help yourself to mulled cider or a hot chocolate (with marshmallows of course), and take a breather.

Just to note, and this goes without saying: I expect everyone to be respectful of one another's ideas, cultural differences, personal differences, and musical tastes. I consider this a 'safe' space. If someone does something that you feel is offensive, unkind, judgmental or unfair - please feel free to PM me to vent or to discuss. If I am the offender, PM me immediately. I don't ever want someone uncomfortable or hold a grudge against me (or others) in this game. We're all here to have fun, and to be cooperative storytellers through this wonderful medium.

Thank you!
Peregrine
Old Jan 14th, 2022, 12:06 PM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11335
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Then let me start by asking everyone to be respectful of Led Zeppelin. They are to the 70s what the Beatles were to the 60s and of course the greatest hard rock band ever to grace the stage. I mean, I'm sure as hey age they can see that stairway to heaven one of them has already climbed and soon enough the Battle of Evermore will ring out to comfort the angels.

Okay, now that that is out of the way, P2 do you have anything stronger than cider or hot chocolate? If not, I'll take the hot chocolate, with a little extra chocolate, preferably Dutch, and lottsa marshmallows!
Old Jan 14th, 2022, 12:16 PM
Story Harvester

Tools
User Statistics
PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine
There will always be lots of marshmallows! I should tell the others this thread exists. Hahaha!! Hi Ildrahil!! Don't mind the dust! Lots to do! I will help you and Corwin tonight. Alemar is going to present, I believe.. This could change...a few PC's for y'all to choose from. Pick your companion! And he's come up with a couple I am loving. And a Hill Dwarf I'm adoring.

I am feeling as though people want to explore secrets and mule skooma. It's a good energy!!
Old Jan 14th, 2022, 04:22 PM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Maybe our two Hill Dwarves know each other. In fact, I would bet they do. We might be able to work something that would help with role playing.
Old Jan 14th, 2022, 04:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9817
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Of the 4 character I have on offer, 2 are Hill Dwarves, 2 are Tiefling. Once everyone gets here I'll post up the options for you to pick from
Old Jan 14th, 2022, 06:29 PM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds good. The Dwarf I've been working is a Twilight Cleric. Dwarzander Bloodbeard by name...unless that changes.
Old Jan 15th, 2022, 08:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15326
Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin
Hi all! Small world Mulled cider with a tot of rum for me, thanks.

All dwarves? I see how it's going to be. All the time, dwarves going "Hey Arka, can you reach something down from that shelf?"
Old Jan 15th, 2022, 08:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Not my fault that WoTC gave Hill Dwarves the best racials in the PHB... But hey, there's still a 50/50 shot I'll be over 5 feet

Last edited by Alemar; Jan 15th, 2022 at 08:44 PM. Reason: grammar is hard you guys....
Old Jan 15th, 2022, 09:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Hill dwarves do get nice stuff, I have a hill dwarf war cleric in another game. I'm just glad Tasha's and Fizban's finally dropped enough stuff to make dragonborn actually competent. They were so bad before.
Old Jan 15th, 2022, 11:13 PM
Story Harvester

Tools
User Statistics
Maximum purchasable score is 16. Thank you Alemar.
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 12:15 AM
Story Harvester

Tools
User Statistics
*cough* someone is taking a musical instrument. Alemar. Alemar. Guess who? Guess. Go on.
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 12:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Now I'll have to compose up ancient traditional dragonborn music from scratch
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 09:07 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hmmmm it's a tricky one. Ildrahil plays a Bard in my RH game with him, Corwin plays one in CCC... I toyed with making one for this game, but didnt.

Good thing I still have characters with entertainer backgrounds on offer...we can form "A Band called Cade" and stick to Bon's nicest Taverns, where it's safe!
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 11:10 AM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
Yup, I like the way Hill Dwarves are written up and I haven’t played a Dwarf in a long time. So please don’t be upset when I ask your giant to reach for a mug in the cupboard and no rubbing the top of his head!
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 11:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemar
Hmmmm it's a tricky one. Ildrahil plays a Bard in my RH game with him, Corwin plays one in CCC... I toyed with making one for this game, but didnt.

Good thing I still have characters with entertainer backgrounds on offer...we can form "A Band called Cade" and stick to Bon's nicest Taverns, where it's safe!
We could still use a bard, Arka's a sorcerer. Then we'd need a third instrument so we can form a Zep cover band, and maybe Rags could roll up a druid named Robert Plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ildrahil
Yup, I like the way Hill Dwarves are written up and I haven’t played a Dwarf in a long time. So please don’t be upset when I ask your giant to reach for a mug in the cupboard and no rubbing the top of his head!
Best all-purpose race by far along with half-elves! Until Tasha's blew up ASIs anyway, but still great.