RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Old Mar 18th, 2022, 11:25 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20579
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Last Words

Welcome to Slaves of Xoth. Below is a list of all the player characters in the ship's hold. I will be using Owlbear Rodeo for this. To assist with identifying your tokens (because there's a lot of them), I have numbered each of them, and that number is listed beside the characters on the list below. In addition, each players' characters are also given a color, which should also aid in this.

Please note, anyone can more anyone else's tokens on the map. I hope this will not be a problem, but I just ask that everyone double checks that they are moving their tokens only.

For now, I do NOT want you to copy over anything from your app over into the game thread. The links to the apps in the list below will be sufficient for now. What I do ask is that everyone include basic stats for their characters in the game thread (HP, AC, etc.). This will help speed things along when I am making updates.

I will be making game updates on Tuesdays and Fridays. I don't mean to penalize anyone that cannot get a post in before I make my update, but I must keep to this schedule to keep things moving along with such a large number (for now) of characters. If you do not post an action, I will have to assume that your characters take no action, which might have a negative impact on them, in some cases.

I will be making the first game post on Tuesday. In the interim, please feel free to ask any questions you might have here.

Good luck!

The Slaves of Xoth
# Player Name Culture Race Background
1JohnGrady Marduk-asir Civilized Taraamite Acolyte
2JohnGrady Asharru Decadent Khoran Spy
3Tyeal Torat Enlightened Yar-Ammonite Sage
4Tyeal Ruldash Decadent Ghazorite Far Traveler
5Onward Gertrude Savage Tharag Thulan Hermit
6Onward Kephri Hassan Degenerate Yar-Ammonite Charlatan
7FatherDondo Eden Kai Decadent Khoran Smuggler
8FatherDondo Niobe Degenerate Lamuran Urchin
9penbeast0 Jazmyne Civilized Nabastissian Entertainer
10penbeast0 Ibn Bin Ganif Civilized Yar-Ammonite Criminal
11WildJessi Esmeralda Mendoza Civilized Ghazorite Sailor
12WildJessi Aziza Decadent Bhangari Urchin
13Kepheren Framadin Nomadic Tharag Thulan Far Traveler
14Kepheren Omar Civilized Azimban Gladiator
15Cheshire Hartwell Balo Decadent Jairanian Sailor
16Cheshire Altan Chinua Nomadic Zorabi Urchin
17Hal Hammerhand Roldar Nomad Khoran Pirate
18Hal Hammerhand Niala Decadent Zadjite Entertainer
19The Dark Star Jaw Bone Degenerate Lamuran Noble
20The Dark Star Rashim Khalsa Civilized Khazistani Knight
21Dyerdon Corinth Aran Savage Shoma Outlander
22Dyerdon Felden Thas Decadent Susrahnite Criminal
23BattleFries Ganzar Savage Taikangian Gladiator
24BattleFries Mara Telamir Decadent Taraamite Noble
25Thorsten Aimilos Gavriil Civilized Nabastissean Scholar
26Thorsten Nazeem of Three Waters Nomadic Khoran Pirate
27O2CXt3 Gren Pakon Civilized Bhangari Faction Agent
28O2CXt3 Iun Qi Civilized Yar-Ammonite Acolyte
29cappucina Chamta Enlightened Nabastissean Hermit
30cappucina Noemi Decadent Khazistani Entertainer
31Drachenspirit Shenda Finevalor Decadent Taraamite Charlatan
32Drachenspirit Kathra Cindermist Enlightened Yar-Ammonite Guild Merchant

Last edited by Silent Rain; Mar 19th, 2022 at 08:15 AM.
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 09:29 AM
Dark Advisor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2872
BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries
Hiya, everyone! Hooray for all of us making it into the funnel. I hope we all have a wonderful time trying to survive. If we die, then let's at least have a lot of fun in the process!

A question for our esteemed GM... You said not to copy anything from our apps, but what if we went to the trouble to put a stat block with HP, AC, etc. in our applications? Can we copy/paste those parts into our in-game posts, or would you rather we do something separate and new instead? Is there any info you want us to specifically not include in our in-game stat blocks (for lack of a better term)?

Thank you for creating such an interesting game for us to roleplay in, hopefully live in for a time, and maybe die in spectacularly! Looking forward to roleplaying with everybody! ^_^
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 10:00 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20579
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Sure, feel free to copy things like stat blocks into your post. Most games have a section for accepted characters to copy over their apps. We are not doing that just yet.
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 11:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3851
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Owlbear rodeo shows up surprisingly well on mobile.

I'll add my stats within 30-60min
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 11:34 AM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2456
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
My stat blocks are added
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 11:39 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2748
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
How do we know which tokens are ours?
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 12:01 PM
Dark Advisor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2872
BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries
@Cheshire I think the numbers on the tokens equate to the numbers on the chart in the original post of this thread. Your characters, for example, are 15 and 16 on the table, so they would be the tokens labeled 15 and 16. To the GM, if I am wrong about this, please feel free to correct me. I'd hate to be the cause of any confusion.
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 12:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Eden, #7
left-aligned image
Eden Kai (0)
HP: 6/6 | AC 12 | PP: 11 | Prof: +2 | Status: Normal
HD: 1/1d6 | STR 10(+0), DEX 14(+2), CON 11(+0), INT 15(+2), WIS 12(+1), CHA 15(+2)Stats
Culture: Great civilizations reach their peak and eventually start to decline. Such fallen empires are ruled by jaded nobles, corrupt priests and wicked slave-traders. Demon-worship, human sacrifice and drug abuse is all too common in these cultures.

ASI: +2 to Charisma.
Insidious: Gain advantage on Deception and Stealth skill checks, and an additional +1d6 sneak attack damage (if you have the sneak attack class ability).
Jaded: Gain advantage on saving throws against poison.
Corrupt: Suffer disadvantage on Wisdom saving throws.
Decadent | Race: The Isles of the Sea Reavers are inhabited by dangerous men and cunning women from many nations, and their couplings have brought forth many who are born as natives of the isles, in the fortified pirate-city of Khora. Such children usually inherit the worst traits of both parents.

Appearance: The skin-tone of Khorans range from the icy white of Tharag Thulans to the night-black of Ikunas, but is usually somewhere in-between. They dress in gaudy pantaloons and adorn themselves with gold earrings and ivory-hilted knives pilfered from burning merchant-vessels.
Religion: The gods are more feared than worshipped in the lawless port of Khora, but even the Sea Reavers occasionally offer sacrifice to the gods of the sea and the sky. Akhlathu, the god of twisted fate, is also a popular patron of many pirate crews.
Culture: The mongrel Khorans are mostly Civilized or Decadent, but encompass a small stratum of Nomads and an even smaller one of Degenerate throwbacks.
Language: Khorans don’t speak a proper language of their own, but a dialect of Susrahnian, with a few words from various languages thrown in for good measure. Select any language as a bonus language.
Khoran | Background: Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Deception
Tool Proficiencies: Vehicles (water)
Smuggler | Background Feature: You are acquainted with a network of smugglers who are willing to help you out of tight situations. While in a particular town, city, or other similarly sized community (DM’s discretion), you and your companions can stay for free in safe houses. Safe houses provide a poor lifestyle. While staying at a safe house, you can choose to keep your presence (and that of your companions) a secret.Down Low | Susrahnian, Djaka, Taikangian, ZadjiteLanguages

Niobe, #8
right-aligned image
Niobe (0)
HP: 6/6 | AC 13 | PP: 12 | Prof: +2 | Status: Normal
HD: 1/1d6 | STR 15(+2), DEX 16(+3), CON 11(+0), INT 10(+0), WIS 15(+2), CHA 7(-2)Stats
Culture: The last survivors of decadent civilizations start to feud over dwindling resources, or are driven away by stronger cultures. Fleeing into the wilderness, or deep underground beneath their ruins, they start to inbreed and devolve into something no longer entirely human. Degenerates may outwardly resemble savages, but they carry the evil taint of fallen empires. When the last such taint disappears, the culture has become savage, and thus the cycle of history repeats itself.

ASI: +2 to Constitution.
Nocturnal: You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Ferocious: When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you can roll one of the weapon’s damage dice one additional time and add it to the extra damage of the critical hit.
Unwholesome: Degenerates always have a physical deformity or a mental illness, caused by inbreeding, that sets them apart from other humans. This unwholesomeness can never be fully concealed. You, and anyone you associate with, suffer disadvantage on Deception and Persuasion checks (except when interacting with other degenerates), and the initial attitude of persons from other cultures will always start at Hostile.
Degenerate | Race: The men of Lamu are regarded as a degenerate and evil people by other nations, a belief that mainly springs from ignorance, but is strengthened by the fact that some Lamurans have unnaturally keen eyesight in the dark, and that they worship many weird and loathsome gods in the isolation of their remote hill kingdom.

Appearance: Gaunt of build and pale-skinned, with long flowing hair, although the priests are often shaven-headed. Decadent Lamurans dress in flowing robes and wear distinctive tall caps, often wound around with turbans, while the more wholesome Civilized men prefer simpler clothing and sturdy armor.
Religion: The cult of Yot-Kamoth is best-known, but a multitude of other deities is worshipped.
Culture: The Lamurans, corrupted by their worship of sinister Yot-Kamoth, are mostly Decadent, but retain both a significant Civilized stratum in and around their cities and of Degenerates in the more remote parts of their realm.
Language: Lamuran, plus Susrahnite as a bonus language.
Lamuran | Background: Skill Proficiencies: Sleight of Hand, Stealth
Tool Proficiencies: Disguise kit, thieves’ tools
Urchin | Background Feature: You know the secret patterns and flow to cities and can find passages through the urban sprawl that others would miss. When you are not in combat, you (and companions you lead) can travel between any two locations in the city twice as fast as your speed would normally allow.City Streets | Lamuran, SusrahniteLanguages

Last edited by FatherDondo; Mar 19th, 2022 at 12:40 PM.
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 04:51 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5355
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Are we running both characters or one, subbing in the other when the first dies?
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 05:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4577
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
What are the hit points of a zero level character? 6 for everyone?
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 05:11 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
6+ Con modifier
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 05:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
(and here I am in a funnel with two characters with +0 CON)
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 06:00 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
It's okay, Father, Con doesn't matter so much if you have a decent Dex....
I ended up with an intelligent glass cannon
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 06:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
My dex isn't that bad, though Eden makes me slightly nervous, lol. I'm just glad I got my template how I wanted it. (turns out all I had to do was make the portraits smaller. derp)
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 06:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1797
Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren
I will sort out how to make a stat block with my pic to use going forward. For the moment can only get online via my phone so it will probably be tomorrow or Monday before I can get that set up. (Fat, clumsy fingers and tiny screen doesn't work well for me. Doh!)

Beware: Gamers at play. Not responsible for any damages inflicted by wandering monsters, random encounters or my over active imagination!