twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2022, 01:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7392
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Defender's Heart Tavern

I see that 9 Wrath of the Righteous games have been played in the pf1 folder on this site, before this -- the 10th by my counting.

Most fail after a few dozen to a few hundred posts in, and don't get past fighting maggots in tunnels.

One game made it to about 3000 in-game posts, about 7 chapters, and many levels of PC advancement.

Once you are accepted into the game--

Meet and greet your fellow players here, and share some sense of what can make a game last and be a success for you.

Last edited by CatCanCook; Apr 26th, 2022 at 01:58 PM.
Old May 7th, 2022, 03:57 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12347
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Howdy all, well once all get gathered, as for the sharing of ideas consistent conversation seems to be the most helpful. Most of the long haul games I am in have pretty extensive ooc threads keeping folks abreast of when posting may be slowed or faster, things like that.
Update: Out of the hospital, long story short had a blood clot that didn't break up with medicine that wreaked a bit of havoc on my lungs, seem to be past the worst of it just some breathing troubles remain.
Old May 10th, 2022, 06:40 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Welcome to Admin Dirk, Player #2. More coming on Friday.
Old May 10th, 2022, 08:00 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 83602
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Thanks for having me, CCC... greetings, Mun! Nice to game with you again.

There's no secret to game success... communication. And posting, but even then, if you can't post for a bit, you communicate it. Players can adjust if someone says "This month is tough, I won't post until June, probably", but it's hard to know what to do with silence.

What makes a game a success for me? The chance to make decisions in character, and see what my PC does. It's the result of actions that build, define, and make a PC. I got a ton of her in my imagination, but the reality of her occurs on the pages here, when she has to choose a or b, spell or hex, door or hallway, etc..
Old May 10th, 2022, 10:51 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
I don't envy you having to choose, CCC.

Old May 11th, 2022, 03:15 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk -

Acknowledged, the veil is the "familiar" for her. The same general flavor text as "Deliver Touch Spells" would work for the additional uses granted to it.

--

You are welcome to post in the main thread. I'll post a brief update there as character-to-character interaction is starting (in combat).

Last edited by CatCanCook; May 11th, 2022 at 03:20 AM.
Old May 12th, 2022, 09:29 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Can we refluff the staff?

Could it be a knife instead? dagger or something?

She's going to suck at actual combat no matter, and I think being a night prowling rogue-like character doesn't look as cool lugging around a staff.

same powers, same limits, just... something different and thematic.
Old May 13th, 2022, 07:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
OK - a dagger is fine.
Old May 13th, 2022, 09:51 AM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6334
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Greetings everyone. I am honestly surprised to be here given how many gifted and talented veterans applied. I'm sure I got in on a like to meet one of the many quotas listedtechnicality, but I will take it. I have been wanting to play a Kineticist for a while now and this seems like the perfect place.
Old May 13th, 2022, 10:15 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
welcome to everyone selected. Looking forward to exploring CCC's imagination.
Old May 13th, 2022, 11:52 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 931
gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion
Hello everyone, glad to be here. We have a cool roster.

I'm happy that I didn't really get into the WOTR crpg so this will all be fresh and new for me. Edit: Reading up I see that doesn't matter too much anyway.

Last edited by gwythion; May 13th, 2022 at 12:51 PM.
Old May 13th, 2022, 12:24 PM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15036
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
Greetings fellow Crossing members! I'm excited to get to take a crack at such a well know adventure beside so many interesting characters!

@Cat - Forgot to set my character thread with the Character prefix. Can you edit it or just delete it so I can recreate properly? Bugs me to see everyone's thread look so official with that Character tag next to it.

Last edited by Eviltedzies; May 13th, 2022 at 12:25 PM.
Old May 13th, 2022, 12:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20475
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Greetings, all! Really looking forward to this. I never got a chance to get into the CRPG yet but meaning to.

As far as longevity, I would echo the communication observation already mentioned. All I might add is finding a hook for each, more a player task, really. A personal interest builds interest and engagement. That could be as much as enjoying the banter with a particular PC, a romance, an organization built up, a crafting project, etc.

CCC, do we have all our mythic powers as of the first post? Or shows up later?
Old May 13th, 2022, 01:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Glad to have everyone on board!

Eviltedzies (+all)

However well known WOTR is, this will surely be different. The original game didn't have Spheres, PoW, or gestalt. Mythic came in later and had far fewer options. So you are as a group much more capable than the PCs entering vanilla WOTR. The monsters will be correspondingly more capable.

I am taking all the material in the written books as well as the video game as advisory, not gospel. I haven't every played with written AP, and I'll follow it only loosely. I did play the computer RPG from level 1 to 20 twice. Once as Angel, once as Trickster on a harder difficultly, and in the 2nd playthrough did the "secret ending."

Eviltedzies -

I fixed your character label.

Kenjitsu -

No imposter syndrome, please. You belong here, among great players. You are that mythic hero. Own it. :-)

All -

So a couple quick things:

- To complete your characters, fill in:
Skills
Gear
Spells / Maneuvers / Powers / etc.
Casting traditions (if not finished)

- The first post in your Character post or the character sheet it points to, must contain *everything* about your character. I will not look past those two items to find any powers, abilities, gear, etc. All of the replies to your character sheet are just conversational -- anything that expresses your current state needs to be in the original post.
(Example: Eviltedzies - for example, your "mechanical" stuff is in your 2nd not your 1st. I don't want to search for things, I like things in one place.)

- Conversely, please hide behind a spoiler button anything that pertains to your future development. I don't want to be looking up your abilities and stumble into a wall of text that is not relevant at this time.

- I encourage you to have feats, abilities, classes, etc. to hyperlink to their sources.

- I discourage you from using tooltips (TT) for anything longer than a 1-line note.

Quote:
For our story post format, do we need to have a specific stat block or can I just have a quick reference to the character sheet I plan to keep up-to-date?
I've not tried to enforce a single stat block on all characters. But some minimums I like to see are: AC (full, ff, tc), saves, perception, sense motives, any current active effects with durations. And always a link to the character sheet so I can look up the rest.

- If people have posted ideas about advancement after Chapter 1, I have not approved them.
Old May 13th, 2022, 01:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
CCC, do we have all our mythic powers as of the first post? Or shows up later?
I wrote the original into to encourage people to play out gaining their mythic powers at the start of the game. But some characters may have had them earlier, based on how they wrote their origins.

The original WOTR had you play through several dungeon-crawls before going mythic, but for my own reasons of pacing I'm jumping us into mythic to start.
Closed Thread