Game Thread 8-A: R.I.P. and Tear - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Champions for a New Earth
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Old May 10th, 2022, 01:31 PM
Welcome to the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9380
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
8-A: R.I.P. and Tear

Elena
The ironclad bounty hunter is waiting by the police station when you arrive - alone, but with a canvas bag slung over her shoulder. She looks up at the sound of boots and horsehooves as you and Felix approach.

"This's it?" she questions. "Just going to be the three of us, huh?"

"We expect to meet more there," Felix supplies. "We were planning to travel overland, without the train - can you follow?"

Rose nods. "I can keep up," she promises confidently.

Emet and Conquistador
Annie gets to the telegraph station first, but Emet trots up a few minutes later, looking as silly as ever in increasingly ratty clothes.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; May 10th, 2022 at 02:29 PM.
Old May 10th, 2022, 02:49 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8041
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Elena is lugging her own bag over her shoulder as she walks beside the shining knight on horseback. It had been a little weird, actually being able to deposit their belongings in the inn for a short time. This way had been the norm for long. She greets the mercenary with a nod and short smile. "We're picking up two on the way, from the Telegraph Station. The rest in New England." Elena adds on to Felix's explanation. "Lets get going, do the talking on the move."

She gestures with a tilt of her head her intention to head off and then does exactly that, expecting Rose and Felix to fall in alongside her.
Old May 10th, 2022, 03:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29609
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
ConquistadorShe can't help herself as she takes in the view that is Emet. Once he is beside her she says, "Are you area that you stand out more wearing those... disheveled clothes that just about anything else? I can take you to a clothing store real quick and help you pick out something if you like.
Oh, and do you want the stone back?"

Build/Character Bio
Old May 10th, 2022, 03:22 PM
Duct Tape Mummy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4109
Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus

"That would be much appreciated if we have time." Emet replies tiredly, which must be an affectation because... he's a machine. "These are hand-me-downs from dead Norsemen... I don't know what fashion statement they make but I would prefer to stop making it."

"Please keep the stone for now. While we're traveling I think it will be best used to avoid getting separated."

Last edited by Phasmus; May 10th, 2022 at 03:22 PM.
Old May 10th, 2022, 03:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
ConquistadorShe nodded and smiled beneath the helmet. "There's a clothing store nearby that won't take long to get you something before we get underway. And I agree that almost any other statement is better than the one you have now - clothing wise that is."

She steps into the office and says, "We have some friends arriving soon. If they get here, can you tell them we will be right back. You'll know who they are."

She gestures the way and begins walking with Emet. As she does she says, "I have been thinking that maybe, just maybe, Science and Magic are one in the same, just... well, that magic is beyond my understanding currently. If you really break it down and chart out the functions of..."

<<OOC: GM call on what kind of clothing store nearby?>>

Build/Character Bio
Old May 10th, 2022, 04:35 PM
Duct Tape Mummy

Tools
User Statistics
Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus Phasmus
Emet accompanies Annie, listening to her speculation thoughtfully. He replies during a pause as they step into the store, "From what I have seen of magic, I don't think I could comfortably assert that it is the same as generally understood natural laws... any more than I could claim that gravity and magnetism are the same, (though they might be). They are comparable. They can be made to interact. But to me it looks like they operate, mm, on different levels. I would be surprised to learn they share fundamental mechanisms."

He selects a wide-brimmed hat, a long coat with lots of pockets, and a functional shirt and pants from the most discounted rack he can find. Annie might be wealthy, but he has no desire to impose on her generosity more than necessary.

"...but this is not my area of expertise."
Old May 10th, 2022, 09:10 PM
Welcome to the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Elena
They do, Jael carrying Felix as steadily as ever, Rose spidering along in the rear on her chains.

You arrive at the telegraph station, and immediately notice the distinct lack of both brass men and steampunk supersuits. Rose looks around as she lowers herself to the road. "Think we got stood up?"

"Emet's trustworthiness is still very much a question in my mind," Felix remarks. "I suspect his demonic crony may have designs to take advantage of the coming chaos."

Emet and Conquistador
The two of you make a strange pair and receive lots of stares, but nobody moves to stop you from exchanging money for goods.
Old May 10th, 2022, 10:51 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
"If I gave his word, I'd trust him that much." Elena remarks, though obviously discomforted by the complete lack of either Emet or Annie in the vicinity as she looks about for some sign of the pair they happened to be waiting on. "He's never lied yet, and it didn't sound vague enough for... for tricking." Elena looks sidelong at Felix given mention of Emet's unseemly friend and shrugs in agreement. Demons take advantage of everything, of course they would use chaos for their own benefit.

"Conquistador said she would call him here, when she was ready." Elena reminds/informs her comrades. "Maybe she has been waylaid for a minute... she seemed very busy. Even for her... but we can't wait forever."
Old May 11th, 2022, 01:35 AM
Welcome to the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
Elena
"I don't trust even his word," Felix warns. "'Tis rarely true that the first lie is the worst, but I shall not yet trust Emet to find myself falling into the Abyss."
"Boy, you two are fun," Rose quips. "We can't trust Emet. OK fine, this kind of work you shouldn't trust anybody. Not REALLY, anyway, your name always has a dollar sign on it. If Conquistador doesn't turn up soon, we're on our way... to what, save the world?"

"To face the monsters on our shores," Felix adds. "I place my trust in the Almighty..." he looks to you. "And to those who deserve not only my love, but His abounding favor."

Rose fakes a retch. "O-kay Lancelot, save the speech for the ceremony. Severnaya, how long 'til we're calling it? My chains can outrun every train I've seen yet - here to New England, maybe twelve hours. Seven, if you don't mind me passing out when we get there."

OoC: Riviera (where y'all are now) is at St. Louis, Wood Springs is in the vicinity of Syracuse, which puts the distance at 800 miles. About 14.5 hours for Elena (running + Athletics) and Emet (swimming), 80 minutes for Annie at TOP speed on DOVE. And it's 3 minutes tops for [REDACTED].

Last edited by WhovianBeast; May 11th, 2022 at 01:40 AM.
Old May 11th, 2022, 12:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
ConquistadorAnnie nods and signs the payment receipt so they can send it to the bank and get paid.

Realizing Emet just wouldn't look good in a suit, all formal like, she says, "It suits you. And it's a whole lot better than those... Miss, can you burn those please? Thank you."

They strolled back to the telegraph office and Annie picked back up their previous conversation, now being caught as they got close enough for everyone to see them coming.

"Oh, I agree. It's beyond me too, but if I can help it, I don't plan on that always being the case. There's got to be a connection, even if it's just using strong magnetic, or gravitational fields to move and hide things in a sense. And don't get me started on light and what it really is and isn't. I've read some fascinating articles lately written by...

Oh. Hey everyone. I insisted that Emet get something decent to wear. Are we going by train? So all of us can travel together, or by water - which is slower, or is there another way one of you has that can move all of us quicker? I can get there in a couple of hours by air if I don't stop, a lot less if I'm carrying someone."

Build/Character Bio
Old May 11th, 2022, 01:29 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
The problem with Felix, if there was one, was that while true in some cases the man believed that something once tainted in some way affected everything else. Emet's transgression was not a minor one, but there were certain things Elena could trust of the mechanoid and certain things she couldn't. Elena trusted his word, for now, but she was careful to listen for sly demonic legalese.

Elena gives Rose a brief disapproving look as she feigns sickness over Felix's sweet words. Words that quite frankly she'd love to hear more often. Every once in awhile she thinks back to how close they had gotten on the boat, although carefully omitting her father ending the encounter abruptly and even going so far as to remove his presence altogether from her mental retelling.

"Reckon another twenty minutes, give or take. Conquistador can fly faster than anyone else I've seen and I'm sure Emet will find a way to join us." Elena passes down her judgment on the question.

It turns out they didn't need to wait twenty minutes, they barely needed to wait five.

"Hello." Elena answers back in return, a neutral look not giving away what she thought about their little shopping trip. She gave the freshly outfitted Emet a look over. There wasn't any real malice in it, just an inspection of what he traded his nordic furs in for and humming and hawing over whether it was an improvement. "We're not going by train, too slow and not dependable enough." She informs Conquistador. "I know four of us can move faster..." Her eyes look over Emet questioningly. "Worst case I can carry you. We go hard, all day, arrive at Wood Springs just after night fall and stay together. Destiny said one of the enemies we go to fight might be there already."

Elena looks over the faces of the other four brave comrades assembled for a single purpose. "All good?"

OoC: Can I use athletics to speed up winged flight like I can for running?
Old May 11th, 2022, 02:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
ConquistadorNot having heard some of the earlier conversation she pulled her helmet off and said, "I can fly a kind of overwatch like the horse Calvary do when they are on the move, but from the air. And, I can move ahead of your line of travel and at a specific time, land and Emet can move to me in a moment using the stone I still have.
I've seen you move Rose, so I guess you can keep up with Elena. And what of you Felix? Can you move that quickly for long periods of time?

Build/Character Bio
Old May 11th, 2022, 03:16 PM
Duct Tape Mummy

Tools
User Statistics
Emet waves at the assembled agents. "I should be able to keep up with any of you using my destination glyph." Emet concurs with Annie. "But my range is limited to some tens of miles. It might be less, mm, precarious for me to arrive periodically with someone who isn't flying."
Old May 11th, 2022, 03:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
ConquistadorAnnie cants her head slightly to Emet.

"Do you mean the stone, or something else you can do? Like moving in a general direction that you choose or can see?"

Build/Character Bio
Old May 11th, 2022, 04:00 PM
Duct Tape Mummy

Tools
User Statistics
"The Stone." He confirms with a nod. "I can carry a reasonably significant payload, or passengers, as well, but that doesn't seem to be necessary given the locomotive capacities of those concerned here."

He pauses for a moment and adds a bit hesitantly, "I can have up to three stones active at once. That might be strategically relevant. Eventually."