twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2024, 08:37 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36215
Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc
PotM February

left-aligned image

This Month is always a weird month, not only in the Netherlands with the weather changing to a spring sun and snow the next day, but also on a personal level with many family birthdays. Yes, there is cake, there is always homemade cake, blue velvet and Tiramisu cake, but it is a time investment that makes this post slightly delayed. Therefore my apologies.

So let's forget about those cakes, it only creates a distraction from the reason we are all here: NOMINATING THOSE AWESOME FEBRUARY POSTS!!!!

Remember?
  • Only nominate one post
  • refrain from adding a nomination for the same post by another nomination)
  • pass us the link and/or copy-paste the post in a spoiler
  • ... and for everything I forgot --> check here
Old Feb 9th, 2024, 05:49 PM
Astinus in disguise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38992
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Player: Lazer
Game: Dragons of a Broken World
System: DnD 5e
GM: Elanir

Reason for Nomination: A mystic ritual meant to free the spirits of a group of refugees from their mortal remains, fused together by dragonfire, seemed like the perfect opportunity to ask the players to describe a memory of one of the tortured spirits. There was, however, a special requirement. This memory had to be based on a particular skill or tool proficiency that the character experiencing the vision didn’t possess.

Lazer not only rises to the occasion, he aims for the stars. In his post, he describes five scenes from the life of a single person and through that individual’s eyes since Lazer chose “animal handling” as the skill to be highlightedand his relationship with the animals that accompany him, he manages to tell the spirit’s story from small child to scarred warrior. And he does so masterfully!

Old Feb 25th, 2024, 04:12 AM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2357
Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth
Nominee: Rockerboy
Game: Gotham City Impostors
System: M&M 3E
GM: Rockerboy

Reason for Nomination: Rockerboy's GM skills and storytelling are top notch. His posts are cinematic and really helps to set up the world and event's that we'll be experiencing. I feel the opening post from Issue 0 of the Gotham City Impostors really captures this

Old Mar 1st, 2024, 12:15 AM
Story Harvester

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33485
PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine
Nominating DM: Fillyjonk
Game: Ghosts of Saltmarsh
System: DnD 5e
GM: Fillyjonk

Reason for Nomination: What storytelling! The PC's have been engaged with an ancient Fey Siren who means to kill (eat) them for trespassing into her territory. One of the PC's is a young Siren who has been dreading this deadly situation since her presence was a declaration of "This is my territory now." - a direct challenge. The PC's, all but the PC Siren, fell into a dream-state-type of Falco, Bingle, and Fela have the PARALYZED condition for one round. You ALL drop everything you are holding (for Fela, this includes, sword, shield, and siren) and drift for the next round. You can make no attack, have no actions or movement, but instead you are entirely caught up in a vision of getting the thing that you desire most. Not what you think you desire most, your true est heart's desire. Spend the round telling me what each character sees. You can take no other actions this round.spell. It is such an absolute joy to have a DM provide such an opportunity, especially during an insanely challenging situation, for everyone to write their hearts out - to react to the dream-state, to facing near-death for one PC, and giving the young Siren PC a huge choice to make. Filly fit everyone's posts into her one DM post which is simply magnificent (as my Siren would say). It tugged at heartstrings, and was just a very powerful, cooperative show of writing with Filly at the reins and the Players so very involved. I hope you enjoy!

She/Her
Old Mar 6th, 2024, 09:17 AM
Pygmy Griffin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1018
EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW
Nominee: Rockerboy
Game: Star Wars: Echoes of Darkness
System: Star Wars 5e
GM: Rockerboy
Post: Opening of the door to an ancient Surveillance Outpost

Reason: Frankly I'm incensed that Rockerboy hasn't won PotM before. His scenes are always so clearly laid out - the pacing, the emphasis, the expansion of character work done by players, everything is on point. This post describing the opening of the door to an ancient surveillance outpost, hidden for hundreds of thousands of years, shows this well. Character actions are described beautifully and blended into a seamless narrative, and his use of tables as summary boxes at the bottom of GM posts is a clever and helpful approach.
Old Mar 19th, 2024, 10:36 PM
Your Local Cryptid

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20289
Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund
Player: UngainlyFool
Game: She Never Liked Goodbyes
System: Old Gods of Appalachia
GM: me!

Reason for Nomination: Funerals are hard enough, but they are made twice as worst when you have to reunite with folks you haven't seen in years. Here we have Brody (UngainlyFool's character!) do just that. Navigating the rocky waters of past relationships, with NPCs and PCs alike, doing his best to bring order to a household that feels so incredibly empty without their beloved matriarch present. And what better way to start then by cooking?

My boy UF is DANG GOOD at capturing the vibe of the setting and the complicated tangle of relationships that are EVERYWHERE in the post. He delivers beautifully moody descriptions, subtly shows Brody's role as an older brother (even if he denies such a thing), and then knocks it OUT OF THE PARK with a Nat 20 roll by using the Lucky Stone he was gifted by another PC to try and match the rhythm of Granny Innes, the woman all these characters miss dearly.

It is moving. It is beautiful. It is just right, Family. So, it gets my vote!! WELL DONE, UF!!

Last edited by Leviticus; Mar 30th, 2024 at 09:24 PM.
Closed Thread