Experienced player looking for the long haul - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Players Seeking Games
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 22nd, 2006, 06:11 AM
Not your everyday azekeil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
azekeil
Experienced player looking for the long haul

There is a problem on the internet. Lack of social responsibility. This, coupled with easy opportunity afforded by sites like this means people can easily end up overcommitting and burning out.

I've been a player in three very good and involving games. However, the DMs in each one quit, simply because the effort involved in running multiple games and playing in others as well took too much time.

I have always been very careful not to overcommit. In fact, it took me a LONG time to decide that I had enough time to commit to just one game online. And that is how I have been playing - I play just one game at a time, to ensure I don't take the game or my time for granted.

So, what I am looking for is a DM and bunch of decent literate players who I can play with, who are mature enough to understand the problems of overcommitment and are in it for the long haul. My preference is for a game without fancy rules, but an involving storyline and colourful characters I can interact with, starting at a low (1st?) level, with the possibility to evolve into a long running campaign spanning years in real life if necessary. I can commit to posting once a day, but usually end up posting more. I have an example character you can look at, and probably some in-game posts as well if you need more.

EDIT: I would be interested in understanding if it's not just me that has the problem of games finishing prematurely...?

Last edited by azekeil; May 22nd, 2006 at 06:34 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 01:18 PM
Iron DM Honorary Heckler

Tools
User Statistics
Kdkatz
Hmmm you sound like me expect that I donít limit myself to one game at a time. I generally like to have 3-5 going at once but thatís mostly because one of the games is usually in the possess of dieing at any given point in time. The only game Iím in right now that Iím truly enjoying has been going on for months but I only joined it recently. I think that we, multi-day-posters, fit best into games that have already been running for a while so that you know it is going to stick around. I think you would do best trying to be a replacement player as well.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 02:40 PM
Not your everyday azekeil

Tools
User Statistics
azekeil
Hm, good point, except this latest game was a game that had been running for a while. *sigh*. I don't want to spend time comitting to games that are going to die out.