Notices

Old 02-23-2008, 11:48 AM
LOC-NAR

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5863
Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy
Ask Amy

This is a forum for AxeMan to ask questions of the site members, and for site members to ask questions in return. They can be Axe-centric questions or they can be related to any subject on ARG's green earth. No matter what the issue, the only requirement is that you want Axe's answer. Once given, Axe's answer cannot be revoked. It is written in stone.

---

By Popular Demand...

Links
D R ~ C H E A T

Last edited by Amy; 05-25-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:52 AM
LOC-NAR

Tools
User Statistics
Here's my first question: AxeMan used to give rpxp with a personal comment attached. Anything from Congrats on 4k! to Your posts always make me laugh!. Recently AxeMan started leaving only one comment for every post:

This post approved by AxeMan

It seemed to be a method of consistency, letting people see exactly who rewarded them. now, the AxeMan is not so sure. Were people happier with the personalized comments? Has the AxeMan lost a connection to the reward system by being to commercialized in his comments?

Tell AxeMan your thoughts.

AxeMan is listening.

Last edited by Amy; 02-24-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Mostly comes out at night

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2989
Noghri Sloth Noghri Sloth Noghri Sloth Noghri Sloth Noghri Sloth Noghri Sloth Noghri Sloth Noghri Sloth Noghri Sloth Noghri Sloth Noghri Sloth
*Ahem!*

According to Sloth, you have a product, you are marketing it, and are running for some invisible office or station (Come on! You got endorsed! Of course you're running for something.). So your stamp of approval is like your calling card, sort of like how the Sloth Signiture Series of Smileys is my calling card.

Plus you rock outloud. 'Nuff said.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:55 PM
whut?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Azrac TheUnstable
i like the personalized message. that's why the have the identifier column as well as the personal comment column.

i also have a question: Just how big is your axe?
Old 02-26-2008, 02:10 PM
LOC-NAR

Tools
User Statistics
Ah, here's a question from our very own Azrac TheUnstable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrac TheUnstable
i also have a question: Just how big is your axe?
Axe's AnswerWell, Azrac, I'm glad you asked. I have quite a large axe, indeed. It is called The Maul in contemporary vernacular, and it can weigh as much as 12 pounds in its most capable state. One side of it can pound a railroad spike through a laminated beam while the other side has the capability to split a 30" diameter log with minimal strokes. The down side of The Maul is, of course, its mass. At 12 pounds, one would get quite weary of swinging it around all day.

Thanks, Azrac.

So, Azrac, I have a question for you as well. Why is there a space between 'Azrac' and 'The', but no space between 'The' and 'Unstable'?

And Kids, keep those questions coming!
Old 02-26-2008, 02:56 PM
whut?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Azrac TheUnstable
there would be a space between The and Unstable, but the i would be Azrac The Unstabl and it just didn't look as good.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:06 PM
LOC-NAR

Tools
User Statistics
There you have it, Kids. Axe gets to the bottom of another one of life's little mysteries.

Until next time: drive safe, and don't eat flypaper.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 82
Ascendant
Question: why do you include a

at the bottom of many of your posts?
"Back me up, and I'll cut a path through these guys . . . Wait, did I say 'path?' I mean a five-lane blacktop highway with a two-lane service road - and I'm packin' a fist full of tokens and a radar detector." Belkar
Old 02-26-2008, 10:29 PM
LOC-NAR

Tools
User Statistics
Nice question, Asce. I was not the first person to do this, but when I first saw it I did not have a forum in which to axe that question. See, when I was a youth we had to walk to DnDOG in four feet of snow without shoes.

The answer is twofold: Firstsies: My sig varies and can be a bit too wordy. I like some separation between the content of my post and the content of my signature. Now is not a great example, but sometimes I have a signature this big:

Secondly: Sometimes I put secret messages in my posts. If I want them to be doubly secret, I need some space in which to post them. Secret messages can be telegraphed, so I fake them all the time. Like this:

Nice, right?

Thanks, Asce - keep 'em comin!

[.]
Old 02-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Euphoria

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Estacado
So, "Ahem." *Sips coffee*

I have noticed you have quite a case of avatar A.D.D.
Its as if your identity changes twice a day. I'd see your avatar, let out a sigh of blissful joy, and move on. I'd come back ten minutes later, and see you've changed yourself, as fast as a scene girl with her hair.
Boredom? An OCD type feeling of consistency in mixing it up? Or something completely different?

Why?
Old 02-28-2008, 03:58 PM
LOC-NAR

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome, Estacado, and thanks for the question.

I like to think of the Avatar/UserTitle/Signature combo as my medium to express myself to the other site members. Very often my UserTitle will be a short quote from a movie or TV show I am watching, or perhaps something from a song. I like to use the signature for threads or games I am promoting, or special incentives like the Embrodak Endorsement.

The Avatar is usually a series of BromArt images, but often a character concept (like Jaexton or Hennet) or Gen Disc conversation will creep in (like the muppets or pokemon).

The answer, though, is probably 'Yes, I have some ADD regarding my outward expression in those three variables'. I can't seem to settle on anything. I have known other members to keep the same avi/UT/sig forever.

Not for me.

Thanks, Estacado. Come back soon.

Last edited by Amy; 02-28-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Brendus
Axe the AxeMan? Why so misleading? I was hoping to come in here and see the AxeMan fending off the hordes of people "axing" him. I was hoping to join the fray, but alas, there is no fray.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:24 PM
LOC-NAR

Tools
User Statistics
Well, Brendus, I'm glad you axed.

As we all know, 'axe' is a colloquialism for 'ask'. But a more in-depth response is warranted here.

AxeMan has played in many games on this site and has a long history of tabletop experience, documented origins span over three decades. However, his skills do not lie in the powergaming arena. While his wit can be sharp as a razor, he will never be mistaken for a munchkin.

So, although I would not be surprised to receive some anti-Axe rants in this thread, I doubt very many will come here looking for 3-1/2 pounds of Axe Flesh.

Thanks for checking in, Brendus. Stick around and get to know some Axe-Fans!

Last edited by Amy; 02-28-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Euphoria

Tools
User Statistics
Estacado
Good answer, we all enjoy Brom art.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:09 PM
LOC-NAR

Tools
User Statistics
Hey, class. Time for a bit of soul-exposure.

There was a time when AxeMan considered himself ready to come out from in front of the camera and direct. Yes, that's right: AxeMan tried to be a DM. In a very classic, impossible-to-mess-up scenario, with an all-star cast of DnDOG players. Even with two co-DM's to ensure success.

AxeMan failed so miserably that evidence of the event should be stricken from the DnDOG archives.

Instead, the game folders have been dedicated to something different: a Forum for Robin Hood games of any and all ilk. Solo or Group, Medieval or Contemporary, d20, GURPS or D&D. Newbie or vet, Peasant or Powergamer, First, Gestalt, or Epic.

As long as the concept is related to Robin Hood, I'll give it a go. BYODM! And respect the site rules. PM me or respond in this thread so I know what your concept is.

Rob from the Rich!